1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Proprietor's Bourbon County Brand Stout - Goose Island Beer Co.

Proprietor's Bourbon County Brand StoutProprietor's Bourbon County Brand Stout

Goose Island Beer Co. visit their website
Illinois, United States

American Double / Imperial Stout |  14.10% ABV

Aged in Templeton Rye whiskey barrels with coconut toasted by our brewers.

(Beer added by: MasterSki on 10-18-2013)
View: Beers (269) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Proprietor's Bourbon County Brand Stout Alström Bros
Ratings: 797 | Reviews: 72 | Show All Ratings:
Chriscrundwell12

4.74/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

Shared with a fellow BA. Poured in a Surly Darkness snifter.

A- pours a 1/2 finger tan head that fades quickly to nothing. Color is pitch black. Typical BCS appearance.
S- The aroma is not very different from regular BCS. Slight marshmallow aroma, chocolate, vanilla.
T- Wow, the taste is where this one takes off. Love the marshmallow taste that comes out, roasted coconut, chocolate, vanilla, bourbon. Love this one.
M- Thick mouthfeel, dry after taste, the heat is really hidden.
O- Well this one lived up to my expectations. The coconut really added a nice touch. One of my favorites of the BCBS variants.

04-12-2014 23:52:14 | More by Chriscrundwell12
N_Schleret

4.79/5  rDev +2.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

A: Pours a pitch black with a half finger chocolate head that dissipates quickly to a ring around the glass. Coconut flakes floating on the top.
S: Very similar to BCBS. Dark chocolate, bourbon, light coconut.
T: One of the best I have tasted. Coconut really shines with a tasty toasted marshmallow flavor. Sweet chocolate, molasses, bourbon. Cannot taste the alcohol, well done?
M: Typical Bourbon County. Thick and smooth. Light alcohol burn.
O: I could drink this all day. One of the best tasting BA Stouts out there. Expectations were met with this one!

04-12-2014 23:44:40 | More by N_Schleret
Etan

4.34/5  rDev -7.5%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

22oz into a snifter.

A. Pours black with a reddish tinge around the edges and a small tan head that recedes quickly.

S. Fudge and bourbon dominate, with twinges of oak and coconut. Mostly smells like regular Bourbon County.

T. Almond joy, thick dark chocolate, tannic vanilla and caramel, mild booze. The coconut is there but by no means assertive.

M. Thick-bodied with light carbonation.

O. Very tasty. Coconut flavor is moderate. Not really much better than regular BCBS but certainly not worse.

03-30-2014 21:13:06 | More by Etan
onefmatt

4.81/5  rDev +2.6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

A really great take on the base BCBS.

A: dark as night and thick like motor oil

S: Roasty malts, sweet vanilla and a hint of coconut. Raisin aroma typical of BCBS

T: sweet coconut, vanilla, toasty bread, caramel. Very smooth and all of the flavours meld well together

M: thinner than BCBS, I have a feeling that the oils from the coconut, heavy but not super hot

O: fantastic take on BCBS, the coconut is a great addition

03-29-2014 03:59:46 | More by onefmatt
Lunch

Maryland

When a decorated war hero invites you over to his home…do you really have a fucking choice other than to accept? I don’t know shit about the military, but I know that I respect fuck out of that shit as I am way too fucking scared to do any of that. I figured that if I declined, that motherfucker would dial some shit up on his iPad and all of a sudden I’d have to buy a new car as that shit would be destroyed like a bathroom at Waffle House.

Let me give you a bit of backstory. I believe that this is true. Prior to actually meeting this motherfucker (“Huhzubendah”) he “beermailed” me years ago about joining him and some strangers he encountered on the goddamn Internet and driving up to Philadelphia for some Pliny the Younger. He presented an offer in the semblance of all of us motherfuckers piling in his minivan and driving up for the day to drink. I distinctly remember him placing a great emphasis on the fact that he has a fucking minivan. I thought to myself…why the fuck is this guy advertising the fact that he has a minivan? Why the fuck does he have a minivan? Who are all these fucking guys that he is talking about? Why the fuck is he being so nice to include me in this trip? Who the fuck is this guy? Is his plan really to go to Philadelphia to drink PtY or is this some other kind of suspect shit?

I thought to myself…I would love to try PtY and if this asshole wants to drive my ass…I’m fucking down. Also I feel that if this is something else I can potentially handle myself…or if he pulls some weird shit after we had been drinking all day, I’ll probably be drunk as fuck and probably won’t even know the better anyway. Have your way with me, motherfucker!

As it turns out we never took that trip, but a lovely romance (he calls it a friendship, but I’m pretty certain it’s something more…just kidding, but not really) blossomed from his seemingly weird reaching out. It turns out that the dude is actually just fucking down and just likes being fucking nice to people. He is by no means a push over or a fucking freak (well…that’s debatable) but just a friendly motherfucker that enjoys drinking beer and talking about entertaining shit. Despite his inability to understand the seemingly simple concept known to most in the western world as a fucking WHITE dress shirt, the motherfucker is usually on point.

Now back to the show…at the beginning of this year he clues me into the awesome accomplishment known as trading for a Proprietor's BCBS and asks if I am down to split that shit with him? Stupid fucking question and I told him as such. I offered to supply the first three-quarters of a blowjob, but he surprisingly declined...this time…

BCBS in any form has always been a fucking awesome con-cock-tion in my mind. Great fucking idea and great fucking execution. I don’t know about you amateurs but I drink my BCBS out of one of my goddamn BCBS snifters. Pours black as fuck like that interesting bowel movement one has after a night of barrel-aged imperial stout drinking. Perhaps my dandruff has gotten out of hand, but I think that there are little flakes of coconut in my beer…awesome. Smells fucking amazing. I am waiting for him to look to me and say “this shit sucks...you can have the rest” but he being a man of similar taste (minus the need to flaunt your family man people mover) is being flooded with the likes of coconut, chocolate, barrel, and other great shit. Mouth-feel is as thick as my wife would like. Overall this is like a mental masturbation session as it is hauntingly beautiful…just like Huhzubendah…when he had his braces.

03-28-2014 21:29:22 | More by Lunch
Davepoolesque

4.53/5  rDev -3.4%
look: 4 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Poured vigorously into a Night Shift teku glass. Pitch black, with a smidgen of a khaki colored head that dissipated very quickly. Looks good enough to drink. Smell is classic Bourbon County, lots bourbon, chocolate and as you expect a bunch of toasted coconut. Tastes basically how it smells. Coconut was balanced so that it didn't over power the beer. The coconut was more of a compliment to the bourbon than being a huge presence itself. Absolutely delicious with a thick, coating mouth feel. I'm not sure what aging will do to this, but by the end, I was basically tasting the regular bourbon county.

03-27-2014 14:26:53 | More by Davepoolesque
ricknelson

Vermont

4.86/5  rDev +3.6%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Proprietor's came out on top in my recent 9 beer tasting, beating out 8 of Firestone Walker's top beers. Out of the seven BA guys we had at the tasting, Proprietor got all 5's for look, smell, taste, mouthfeel and overall from 4 out of the 7 judges. I've never seen so much excitement as I did when I placed this one in front of the guys. Where'd you get that??? Not easy here in Vermont.

03-26-2014 22:47:57 | More by ricknelson
scottfrie

4.41/5  rDev -6%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

22oz bottle into snifter. Consumed a few weeks ago, reviewed from written notes. Thanks again JulianC for sending me this one.

A: Pours a cola brown/near black with a very short lived film of dark brown head that quickly faded into a thin collar. As previously mentioned there are indeed tiny bits of actual coconut flakes in this beer.
S: Boozy nose overall with notes of brown sugar and caramel sweetness, toasted marshmallows, and just a very faint amount of toasted coconut.
T: The fresh boozy BCBS base is prominent with notes of caramel, brown sugar, vanilla and chocolate, but I get some spicier notes of rye barrel as well an extremely smooth and buttery oak finish. The only coconut I get is mild and roasted tasting, and really only shows up in the aftertaste.
M: Creamy mouthfeel overall with a velvety smooth aftertaste. The alcohol is boozy but not overly hot or distracting. Carbonation is low, soft, and velvety. The body is extremely rich and thick, but again, very smooth. Buttery and creamy overall. Only the booziness is keeping it from scoring perfect.
O: An extremely smooth, rich and decadent beer. I thought this was smoother than regular BCBS is fresh. The coconut definitely adds a nice touch, but I was hoping it would be more prominent - not in your face like Three Hour Tour, but at least more than just barely detectable in the aftertaste. Overall this is a really delicious beer, but it's not the best of the BCBS's. Thanks again, Julian.

03-23-2014 23:07:58 | More by scottfrie
glazeman

4.54/5  rDev -3.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

A: dark dark brown with a small light brown head. Looses some points for the coconut floaties

S: coconut does come through a little here. More chocolate, licorice, and brownies though. There's some whiskey on the back end but definitely not as much barrel on the nose as the other variants.

T: very smooth with a complex blend of rye, chocolate, whiskey, and a little vanilla with burnt coffee.

M: nice and think with a slight alcohol burn. Great aftertaste though.

O: very good. May have rated it higher had I not had rare last night, which was amazing.

03-22-2014 21:26:05 | More by glazeman
stakem

4.48/5  rDev -4.5%

Bomber poured into a matching BCBS snifter. The brew appears black in color with a quick fading cap thats oily and leaves some spotty lace on the glass. Some legs of alcohol droop down the wall of the glass. It almos appears as though small shards of coconut slivers collect across the surface of the brew. A lighter brown hazy color is seen around the edges when held to the light.

The smell opens up with raw sweet coconut. Some vanilla and cocoa batter make for a strong chocolate scent. Some slight citrus hop faintly blends to whiskey spiked boozy goodness indicative of bourbon county. As it warms up, this seemingly becomes a mixture of chocolate and coffee liquor with a minor fruity raison-like finish.

The taste is sticky sweet blending to whiskey. An abundance of vanilla, caramel, toffee and coconut. So much coconut flavor that is milky sweet but also toasty and slightly caramelized. It feels like a mound bar or macaroon of sorts with a chocolate liquor and slight whiskey burn with anise in the aftertaste.

This is a medium to full bodied brew with a light amount of carbonation. It is sticky sweet but not cloying as it is contrasted by the whiskey. This is a fully rich and decadent brew with an exceprional addition of coconut. I would love to drink this again.

03-04-2014 14:34:32 | More by stakem
brewcrew76

4.79/5  rDev +2.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

A - Dark black with a thin oily film and tiny bits of coconut floating around.

S - Light toasted coconut, dark cherry, spicy rye whiskey.

T - Rye whiskey, light coconut, chocolate, dark cherry notes. Has a bit of an aged BCS feel to it.

M - Slightly slick with low carbonation.

D - An excellent variant of the great BCS.

03-01-2014 02:23:33 | More by brewcrew76
Mikeypnh

New Hampshire

4.64/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

Thanks to Carp19 and replacementpart for making my Bourbon County dreams come true. Worked for a couple months at these. Finally got two. Great traders! Drinking this bottle all to myself.

Pours very black, with coconut floaties all over the surface. Neat! The aromas is great. Coconut, bourbon, oak, chocolate, some vanilla. The taste is about the same. Coconut way up front, with bourbon and alcohol hear on the backend. You also get a fair amount of chocolate. The coconut isn't too sweet here, and that's really great. Coconut has the ability to take over a beer, but this does a nice job incorporating all the bcbs flavors. The mouthfeel is very slick. It's bit heavy but it's great sipper at 14 percent. The chocolate flavor lingers in your mouth wih a slight coconut sweetness. Very happy to try this, at three months old I'd still consider it fairly fresh. Would be curious how much the coconut fades over a few more months. Not willing to test it though, will be sharing the other bottle quite quickly. Overall, it's a great beer. No surpises, a bcbs with a ton of coconut. I've had pipeworks toasty nut abduction and yesterday the jacks Abby Cocoa-nut framinghammer. This one was less sweet, therefore the best in my book. Although, they are all tremendous beers. Anyone who thinks this is like a mounds bar needs to try a Vermont beer Hodad, made by fiddlehead, not barrel aged, but it's really good. Was it worth the hype? Sure! Solid beer and the coconut floaties are a nice touch.

02-27-2014 19:16:16 | More by Mikeypnh
SadMachine

4.83/5  rDev +3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 5

Reviewed from notes from 2/8/14

A- Pours thick and black like old motor oil. A dark mocha head dissipates quickly. The coconut floats on top, and there are alcohol legs when swirled. Despite no head or lacing this is pretty to look at.

S- The aroma is incredibly deep and complex. The base stout is clearly evident, with sweet dark fruit aromas of fig, date, and prune. Vanilla, oak, molasses, and toasted coconut. Liquor soaked cherries, and dark chocolate are also present. A bit of black licorice too. The bourbon and some warming booze round this out. Incredible!

T- The first thing that I need to note is how well the coconut rounds out this beer. I feel as though this took the base beer to a whole other level! Huge baker's chocolate and cocoa notes, along with some sweet cherry. Vanilla and spicy rye on the front of the palate, and then it all gives way to massive toasted coconut notes that overwhelm the palate, but it is welcomed. In the background the figs and dates play an important secondary role. There are some buttery, oily notes that keep this nicely balanced. Only a little warming booze to remind you this is 14.1%! Just an outstanding variant of a great beer!

M- The mouth feel is creamy, yet slightly drying. Just the right amount of carbonation and it coats your tongue with an oily residue.

O- The way everything comes together is perfect! While individual aspects may not be, I can't imagine this beer being improved in any way!

02-27-2014 06:20:24 | More by SadMachine
EliotRosewater

4.45/5  rDev -5.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A - pours dark black with virtually no head. Gentle swirl brings little foam. Fucking coconut in the goddamn beer. Crazy.

S - big boozy smell up front. Whiskey, caramelized brown sugar, almost a rum-like booziness.

T - tastes like a refined bcbs. Coconut is not overly present at first but comes through on the back end. Alcohol isn't as harsh as regular bcbs and this comes off as slightly sweeter.

M - very lightly carbonated. Viscous and full. Perfectly coats the mouth. Nice lingering roasty, boozy flavor.

O - this is delicious. I can't help but thinking that having this beer almost three months after it was released doesn't showcase it in the best possible light. None the less, it is still delicious.

02-25-2014 04:17:18 | More by EliotRosewater
Stevedore

4.55/5  rDev -3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

22oz bottle, bottled 11/19/2013, poured into an original Bourbon County snifter today, 2/22/2014. #3 in the Bourbon County Variant lineup.

Review #455.

App- Looks like Bourbon County. Strangely, my glass is the only one that came with a significant amount of dark mocha head with surprisingly good retention. Weird. Not much lacing. Looks like a Bourbon County Stout for sure.

Smell- Strangely, not a lot of coconut, even as it warms up. It smells like a very decadent Bourbon County Brand Stout, with a bit of heat and a lot of the trademark chocolate fudge and brown sugar. Not particularly complex compared to the other variants we drank tonight, but still delicious.

Flavour- Toasted coconut bomb on the front end, a nice decadent chocolate fudginess on the backend, also quite sweet. It's a bit one-dimensional compared to BCBVS, Backyard, etc. but damn if this isn't a great tasting beer. I can see the Almond Joy/Mounds bar comparison, but I wouldn't go that far.

Mouthfeel- Typical BCBS mouthfeel, thick and silky with minimal carbonation. Gets boozy as it warms up, but there's a nice window in between chilled and before it warms up completely that is just perfect.

Overall- An excellent variant, but I actually prefer Backyard Rye to this. I like that jammy subtle fruitiness that evolves over time for the better, over the one-note coconut that loses a little bit of its luster over time. It doesn't quite deserve that 4.71 rAvg as of this writing, but it's pretty damn good.

02-23-2014 07:11:58 | More by Stevedore
baybum

4.91/5  rDev +4.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Thanks to capnmike for trading me this bottle - it was his first trade and it went perfect

Bomber into 7 tasting glasses at a bottle share.

A- Has BCBS characteristics with a slight notice of coconut film

S- Macaroons in a glass, Bourbon, roasted malt, light almond aroma, light coconut, dark chocolate.

T- smooth like 1-2 year old bcbs, not alcohol bite at all. Sweat but not overpowering like chocolate and coconut can have in a beer.

M- smooth with a slight lingering feel that makes you want more right away

O- I had high hopes for this beer, so I thought for sure I would be disappointed. I was way wrong, this was absolutely perfect!

I have been using a Randal to make my own version of this beer with 2012 bcbs, and my tasting group thought my versions are outstanding. So I didn't tell anyone what beer this was in thoughts some might think it was just another randal version. At first there was discussions as to which it was, but in the end GI could not have made this beer any better and we all knew it was the real thing!

Thanks again capnmike!!!

02-20-2014 14:56:56 | More by baybum
JLoPMac

4.94/5  rDev +5.3%

Simply the best barrel aged beer I've ever had. I was skeptical going in just cause of all the hype but this is truly outstanding. It's 3 months old at this point, bottled 11/19, bottle #1244, but the coconut is still overwhelming. Would love to try this again.

02-17-2014 00:19:36 | More by JLoPMac
RhyminBelmont

4.76/5  rDev +1.5%

Thanks to WankelEngine for the pour

Bomber into a plastic flight glass.

A- Looks like BCBS/BCBCS/Etc.

S- Bourbon, roasted malt, dark sweet things, very light coconut, like a high end chocolate.

T- Delicious, just the right kind of sweet, some melange of coffee/tobacco/whiskey/dark chocolate. Almond joy of the gods.

M- Thick, chewy, sticky, warming, blissful. Probably my favorite part of this series of beers.

O- dope, prizeworthy, not gonna chase it or drop massive amounts of skrilla. Thanks again to WankelEngine, a true BA ( For better or worse :p).

02-11-2014 01:14:41 | More by RhyminBelmont
jlindros

4.88/5  rDev +4.1%

Holy of all holy shit baskets... 3 friggen thousand reviews... never in a million years would I have thought that I would get to this many reviews... I also thought that with many other levels, so this is just crazy. Shared this epic epic bastard with the usual rudzud, and a ridiculous thanks to oN3xM (Reddit) for this one. I need to thank him again.

Pours very little head which disappears instantly, legs are great and long, pitch black color no light coming through. However, a nice swirling action kicks up that bastard like the head was meant to be, a battle between the fluffy mocha head and the tingly alcohol.

Nose is just phenomenal, so much awesomeness!!! So much dark roasted malts, tons of cocoa and dark choc, a mild cookie dough and chocolate chip, amazing toasted coconut that's very toasted and awesome, a bit of caramel and vanilla barrel, dark chocolate, some fresh coffee roast and earthy coffee, some juicy roast and malt goodness, biscuity cookie with tons and tons of coconut and the essence of perfection.

Taste is zomg!!! Amazing dark malts, dark choc, caramel, nice fresh roasted coffee, great vanilla barrel with toasted oak, and very mild whisky like notes. Then tons of great toasted coconut, fresh roasted coconut with dark choc layers like a super expensive exotic mounds bar, with cookie base, and caramel filling. with orgasmic layers in between. A hint of warming booze in the middle, and mild bitter earthy hop. Finish lingers with amazing dark choc and tons of toasted coconut, caramel, chewy, etc, hint of whisky and vanilla barrel. I really don't think it could get any better than this!

Mouth is full bod, very little booze warmth, little creamy and very rich, little velvety, but lighter carb. The ligher carbonation may be the only thing holding this back from perfect 5 across the board as it keeps down the mouth feel and head appearance,

Overall crazy awesome, phenomenal, only real drawbacks are lack of carbonation and head, otherwise it would have been perfect across the board and best beer I'd ever had. So Close though, and so phenomenal regardless... thanks so much for this experience.

02-09-2014 03:22:49 | More by jlindros
JoEBoBpr

Missouri

4.93/5  rDev +5.1%

Poured into a Bourbon County snifter from a 22oz bottle.

Pours a oily dark black viscous liquid with a thin tan head that rises up briefly and then just dissipates into nothingness. There are notes of flakey oily coconut floating around the brew.

Aroma is exquisite! Notes of fresh coconut, coconut cream with notes of molasses and bourbon to back everything up. Slight boozy heat with some nice notes of rye grain. There is some slight roast to the nose like some dark chocolate/bakers chocolate but its quickly covered up by awesome coconut sweetness.

Flavor is out of this world. Beer starts off with notes of sweet coconut with some spicy rye notes. Notes of mild chocolate fudge is present as well. The flavor is just rich and complex with the great notes of chocolate and coconut underlain be boozy heat notes. Absolutely delicious. Nice notes of chocolate can be perceived as well as notes of mild almond with some nice coconut roast. This brew is truly amazing. Just a delight to delve into the amazing sweetness with chocolate notes and mild roast. The mouthfeel is delicious, oily, slick with some nice heat on the backend.

Its hard to say truly but right now this has to be one of my favorite variants. I thought Cherry rye was terrific but this really blew my mind. Amazing.

02-09-2014 02:02:41 | More by JoEBoBpr
rudzud

4.85/5  rDev +3.4%

Big thanks to JLindros for sharing!

A - Poured into a Kate the Great tulip a very nice dark brown nearly black hue with no female head but nice legs.

S - Aromas of dark chocolate, bourbon, faint coffee, so so so much barrel and coconut. Nice vanilla, roasted toasted coconut, great oak , nice cookie dough cocoa nibs going on here with no alcohol.

T - Taste is bourbon and coco, nice toasted coconut. Like a chocolate macaroon! So much bourbon soaked chocolate with enormous coconut. Unfathomable amount of coconut here, seriously...This is a mounds bar minus the diabetus. So much chocolate and coconut here. Who cares about the coffee aspects when you have chocolate bourbon coconut goodness?! Insane.

M - Mouthfeel is super nice, lightly carbonated, smooth and creamy. Alcohol is hidden masterfully, awesome.

O - Overall this beer blew my mind. The coconut here is so so potent it's crazy. Super well crafted, the coconut and bourbon is balanced so well. This beer excess the hype!

02-09-2014 01:00:00 | More by rudzud
cpetrone84

3.51/5  rDev -25.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.75

Pour is black with light brown head. Nose is strong, lots of bourbon and heat, some of the rich malt but no where near a regular bcs, with a little of the coconut in the nose. The taste is a little all over the place, lots of coconut in there with some of the rich maltiness of the bcs up front, coconut mid palate, lots of heat and bourbon towards the back and a ton if coconut lingers. Full bodied and moderate carbonation, a hint chalky in back.

02-06-2014 02:27:07 | More by cpetrone84
inlimbo77

Delaware

4.55/5  rDev -3%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

22oz, November 2013
Mini snifter

A: Pours the typical BCBS Oily pitch black. Some flecks of coconut in the pour actually. Looks like BCBS all around. Alcohol feet. Reddish legs on the glass after the swirl.

S: I don't smell that much like coconut, even though others were pulling it. Smells like the traditional BCBS to me which is completely fine. Lots of vanilla, fudge like chocolate, sweetness, umami character, etc. delicious.

T: Toasted coconut. Mounds bar. Oily BCBS. It's legit like eating a Mounds. That dark chocolate and vanilla mixing with coconut. It's more of a toasted character then the coconut you sometimes pick up from the barrel. Very long finish. Lingering chocolate flavors. Delicious beer. Lives up to hype as it's currently drinking for sure.

M: Full bodied. Huge mouthfeel.

02-05-2014 14:58:45 | More by inlimbo77
brewskifan55

Mississippi

4.56/5  rDev -2.8%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Poured into a snifter at a Superbowl party. Thanks for bringing it, Cliff!

A: Dark brown/black with a tan half finger head that settles quickly. Lots of coconut flakes floating around in the mix. Not much lacing.

S: Heavenly. Coconut dominates, followed by bourbon, malts, and caramel.

T: Fantastic. Adding the coconut really brings this one up a notch. Picking up great bourbon, chocolate and caramel malts. Robust as hell. Balanced like a champ. Sip and be overwhelmed.

M: Medium with medium carbonation. Love the coconut flakes drifting around on my tongue.

O: This is one of the best beers I've ever had. Wish I could've hogged the whole bottle, but it needs to be shared with beer enthusiasts. A true masterpiece.

02-03-2014 16:01:04 | More by brewskifan55
De_Nada_Brewing

4.83/5  rDev +3%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

Cracked this bad boy on my birthday

Best thing about it was the smell, you get hit with coconut.

Does it live up to the hype though? Yes and No

I wouldn't over trade for this beer, just put some coconut flakes in a regular bcbs

Overall I thought this beer was amazing and it is definitely a beer to share with others.

01-28-2014 00:54:13 | More by De_Nada_Brewing
Proprietor's Bourbon County Brand Stout from Goose Island Beer Co.