Bourbon County Templeton Rye - Goose Island Beer Co.

Bourbon County Templeton Rye

Ratings: 79 | Reviews: 3
4.75/5  rDev +2.6%

This is the base of 2013 Proprietor's and Backyard Rye. This is NOT regular BCS

4.81/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

A- Rapidly receding head covering a jet black stout that no light shines through.

S- This is the most interesting smell that I've ever experienced with a beer. This was all richness, dessert, and bourbon. Plenty of vanilla and oak are present.

T- This has me torn between 4.75 and 5. Stout and bourbon intermingle in a heavenly partnership. All of the vanilla and richness make this a legendary stout.

M- Sticky in a very good way, crisp in an impressive way, pleasant booze with none of the heat.

O- I wasn't sure that I was going to try this due to Goose Island being purchased by InBev. I reconciled it by telling myself that I spend the remainder of my beer money on microbrews. I am certainly glad that I broke down and went for it. This was an epic introduction for me to the world of bourbon stouts. I like bourbon , I like stout, and I love this bourbon stout.

4.59/5  rDev -0.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

On tap during Black Friday at Clybourn

A- Looks like BCBS always does

S - Smells of soft rye whiskey that I expect from Templeton balanced with chocolate and vanilla. The rye has a strong presence that is stronger than I get in normal BCBS

T - Soft vanilla and caramel up front before the rye spiciness comes thru as well as some slight alcohol burn presence. Dark fudgy chocolate. The rye spiciness lingers on in the finish to give the beer some spice to it.

M - Creamy smooth up front with a light burn and astringency to it in the finish

O - This is like regular BCBS but has more bite and alcohol than regular does. The rye makes itself more than the bourbon does.

to view more.
Bourbon County Templeton Rye from Goose Island Beer Co.