Endless IPA - Goose Island Beer Co.

Endless IPAEndless IPA

good

Goose Island Beer Co. visit their website
Illinois, United States

(Beer added by: Zaphog on 03-21-2014)
View: Beers (302) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
Reviews by StoutHunter:
StoutHunter

3.55/5  rDev +1.4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

I picked up a bottle of Goose Island's Endless IPA last week for $1.59 at The Lager Mill. It seems like there were a few different session IPA's that just recently came out and I thought I would take a chance on this one, so lets see how it goes. No visible bottling date. Poured from a brown 12oz bottle into imperial pint glass.

A- The label looks ok, it's pretty similar to a lot of their other small format bottles, I don't think it's too eye catching. It poured a fairly clear bright yellow color that took on more of a brighter golden color when held to the light with two fingers worth of white head died down to a thin ring that stayed till the end and left some spotty patchy lacing behind. This was a pretty good looking beer, I really liked the bright yellow color.

S- The aroma starts off with a medium amount of sweetness followed by a quick fruity aroma with some apricot showing up and it's quickly followed by this unusual bell pepper and vegetable aroma, it reminds of the how it smells when you stand over the peppers in the produce section of a grocery store and the pepper aromas blend in with all the other fruit and vegetable aromas, that's exactly what I think of when I smell it. Up next comes earthy and spicy hops aromas followed by a very light pale malt and sweet malt like aroma. This beer had a nice aroma, I didn't love it, but it was very unique and I don't think I've tried a beer that had a similar aroma.

T- The taste seems to be pretty similar to the aroma and it starts off with a medium amount of sweetness followed by those fruity hop aspects being the first to show up and they are still pretty apricot like and it's followed by that same unusual vegetable aspect that I got in the aroma with the red bell pepper flavors really showing up. Up next comes some earthy and spicy hop flavors with just a slight sweet malt aroma on the finish with a very low amount of bitterness and it had a fruity hop and red bell pepper like aftertaste. This was a nice tasting beer that seemed to be just as unusual as the aroma, I didn't love it, but I certainly didn't hate it.

M- Smooth, a little clean, crisp, a little refreshing, on the thicker side of being light bodied with a medium amount of carbonation. The mouthfeel was pretty nice and it worked well with this beer.

Overall I thought this was a nice beer and a I thought it was a decent and very unusual example of a Session IPA, it had the drinkability and lightness that I expect from the style, but the bitterness was hardly noticeable and while the hope profile sure was interesting, I found it to be a little confusing. This beer had nice drinkability, it was smooth, a little clean, crisp, a little refreshing, not filling at all and the taste did a decent job at holding my attention, I could probably drink a couple of these, but I don't know if the flavor would wear on me after that and I think it makes for a nice beer to enjoy in the spring time. What I liked the most about this beer was how unique it was, there's no confusing this for your average Session IPA and I don't think I've had a beer that's tasted like this before. What I liked the least about this beer was that it didn't have a little more traditional hop flavors and bitterness, I think a little more bitterness would help make this a better Session IPA. I would buy this beer again, I don't think I would buy a six pack, but I wouldn't mind keeping a couple around and I think it would be interesting to see how some of my friends react to it. I would recommend this to someone looking for a unique beer, but I don't think it has all the quality's that a great Session IPA should have. All in all I didn't mind this beer, it's far from being a favorite, but it was a pretty unique and memorable beer and I appreciate that. I'm pretty sure it was the hops that imparted that red bell pepper flavor and I would pretty interested to know what kind of hops they used in this beer. It's not my favorite Session IPA or Goose Island Beer, but I don't think it's a bad beer by any means. Nice job guys, keep up the solid and unique beers.

04-15-2014 03:40:41 | More by StoutHunter

deltatauhobbit

Maine

2.81/5  rDev -19.7%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 2.75

Pours a clear golden yellow color, not much head at all nor lacing on the glass, no cap on top.

Smell has a fairly strong sweet malt presence, hops are quite mute to the nose, almost has a corn aroma.

Taste is primarily the sweet malt with a subtle hop finish, body is on the thin side but carbonation is nice and high that lends a crispness to the finish.

07-27-2014 18:41:55 | More by deltatauhobbit
Automator

4.25/5  rDev +21.4%

07-27-2014 16:45:55 | More by Automator
ejane

4.75/5  rDev +35.7%

07-27-2014 12:29:24 | More by ejane
Endless IPA from Goose Island Beer Co.