Lake Effect - Goose Island Beer Co.

Lake Effect
No picture.

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Goose Island Beer Co. visit their website
Illinois, United States

Winter Warmer |  6.40% ABV

Beer added by: CRJMellor on 11-29-2003

Blonde color, bright fruit and bubble gum aroma, citrus hop flavor, medium body.
4.3/5  rDev +1.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Wow !, for those in or going to be in near Goose Island, pick a cold afternoon and grab one of these cask-conditioned beauties. Pours a deep-copper color with red highlights. Beer has very spicy, hop nose. Powerpack of malt flavors on first taste, balanced hop note on the back end with a slightly bitter aftertaste. Hint of alcohol on the palate as you would expect for 6.7%. Reminded me of Sam Smith's Winter Welcome with a slightly more complex malt flavor and little less "medicinal" taste than SS's WW. As I closed my eyes and drank this beer I could have easily been in my favorite English pub, The Dolphin in Betchworth, Surrey drinking real English ale.
This is a great beer that I imagine won't be around very long.

Lake Effect from Goose Island Beer Co.
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.