312 Urban Wheat - Goose Island Beer Co.

312 Urban Wheat312 Urban Wheat

Goose Island Beer Co. visit their website
Illinois, United States

American Pale Wheat Ale |  4.20% ABV

Hazy straw color, light orange hop aroma, fruity ale flavor, creamy body.

(Beer added by: DrunkMcDermott on 04-16-2004)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of 312 Urban Wheat Alström Bros

aburritt, Jul 20, 2012

ErikTheRedd, Apr 19, 2012

Imsothirsty, Feb 01, 2012

floydie83, Aug 22, 2012

Mellio, Oct 21, 2012
1.02/5  rDev -69.9%

RachelWilliams, Tuesday at 10:19 PM
1.25/5  rDev -63.1%

I have to say that I have been a long lover of the Goose Island beers but this summer I think they have "Jumped the Shark".

312 is mass produced junk that the beer distributors are now forcing on all the Chicago Street Fests... In some places it is the only beer made available... I would actually prefer a Bud to this stuff...

After reading the other review I wonder if there is a possibility that the bad taste really comes from the Giant beer truck used to pump keg after keg this summer...

The taste is sour and stale and it leaves a nasty aftertaste. I am pretty much of the belief that If I have beer and a brat I should be able to taste both of them... Not if the beer is 312...

It is safe to say that this beer doesn't really compare to either a German style or a Belgian style wheat... The color is pale cloudy yellow as you would expect. It's really the taste and the after taste that just make this a very poor choice for Goose Island to major marketing push.

So if you are going to a Chicago Street fest.... sneak something in a baby stroller

box299, Aug 18, 2006
1.25/5  rDev -63.1%

SBoeckman72, Jul 26, 2014
1.38/5  rDev -59.3%

Proof that not every beer tastes the same to every person.

It's yellow. Who cares?

Smells of nothing. I mean nothing. I know it's a wheat and smell isn't going to kick you in the nuts but c'mon, give me something.

Taste? What taste? Where's the lemony, zesty pale malt, or anything the hell else?

I get some carbonation in the mouth. Kinda fizzy but nothing even average.

You could drink this all day everyday if you didn't require any flavor. It sucks.

livewire78, Feb 20, 2011
1.43/5  rDev -57.8%

Nasty, garbage beer. Bought a bucket of four at a DC bar while watching a bears game because they were on special and supposed to be a Chicago beer. Can said "made in NY". That wouldn't really bother me but this beer is vomitous. I honestly would rather have a budweiser and I hate budweiser.

brettfish34, Dec 10, 2012
1.48/5  rDev -56.3%

This is really nasty beer. Like any bad beer, when it's really cold it's drinkable, but as it warms up - even just a little bit - the true profile comes through. This stuff needs to be near freezing to drink. Mouthfeel is grainy, taste is like stale wheat bread floating in Busch Light with a couple drops of lemon. It smells like a pile of decomposing grass clippings. Choking one down may be impossible, and after that you will not want another. I know this beer well, unfortunately, because as one other reviewer noted it is ubiquitous at Chicago street fests and bars. The smell coming off of dozens of pre-poured cups of this crap, and the pools of foamy 312 slop on the ground at outdoor beer tents is really nauseating. My neighbor presented me with a 12 pack for watching his cat, and it has been sitting by my front door for four months, which is somewhat vexing. But, I can't bring myself to just throw it out, because after all, it is technically beer. If anyone wants it, come by and you can have it for free. As The mighty Killdozer sez: "I'd rather drink from the dick of a goat!"

MNJR, Jun 24, 2009

dertyd, Jun 02, 2013

apasternak, Jul 12, 2013

pin, Aug 15, 2012
1.5/5  rDev -55.8%

worst thing goose island makes which is saying something because none of it is very good anyway

WestHam973, Oct 24, 2014

MonkeyBread, May 14, 2014
1.54/5  rDev -54.6%
look: 2.5 | smell: 1.5 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 1.5

Pours a cloudy yellow with a white head which fades quickly and leaves no lacing. The smell has some lemon and bread malt. Not much to the aroma.

The taste also has some lemon and bread malt. Somewhat grassy. Pretty bland.

Light bodied, above average carbonation. This is not a beer which impresses me at all, and I will not seek it out again.

hardy008, Nov 17, 2011
1.73/5  rDev -49%

Purchased as part of "build-your-own-six-pack" at local grocer. Big fan of the "wheat's", but this was very disappointing. Looks like a standard APWA, and the smell is fairly uninspiring. But the taste, from first drink to last, is poor. Citrus, tart, bitter...all come through far more than the wheat. No thanks.

ibashmuck, Dec 28, 2007

javlin624, Dec 17, 2013

His_Royal_Hoppiness, Oct 12, 2012

jds8411, Feb 10, 2013

sendbeer, Mar 22, 2013

TubaDan, Aug 11, 2014

Seabass1964, Oct 04, 2014
1.88/5  rDev -44.5%

Bought this for my girlfriend and now I have a bunch left over.

Pours out with a fluffy head and the color of lemonade. Smells a lot like Harpoon UFO. Slight hints of lemon and wheat.

Taste has a touch of hops in it and lemon way in the background. It's kind of bland and watery. The next few sips actually just taste like seltzer.
I guess this would be good if I wanted something really cold and refreshing after I had worked up a sweat. It's something good to have around for people who aren't into craft beer. But I can think of better local things that cost less.

BearsOnAcid, Apr 29, 2010
312 Urban Wheat from Goose Island Beer Co.