Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout - Goose Island Beer Co.

Bourbon County Brand Coffee StoutBourbon County Brand Coffee Stout

Wants: 3,996
Goose Island Beer Co. visit their website
Illinois, United States

American Double / Imperial Stout |  13.40% ABV

Beer added by: BEERchitect on 04-22-2010

2014 Release - Intelligentsia Zirikana Coffee Beans
2013 Release - Intelligentsia ‘Los Inmortales’
2012 Release - Intelligentsia La Tortuga Beans
2011 Release - Intelligentsia Anjilanaka Beans
2010 Release - Intelligentsia Black Cat Espresso Beans
Reviews: 1,052 | Hads: 6,284
4.82/5  rDev +4.8%

Poured in honor of the Blackhawks winning the Stanley Cup.

A hugely deep dark menace of a beer. Creamy, thick, full, tan, mocha brown head rose 2 fingers and had great retention and thick sticky lacing to boot.

Wow. This is huuuugely flavorful. The aromas are intense, but the flavors are even more so. Coffee and bourbon smack you in the face with subtle bluntness (yeah, that's right). Some chocolate hides in there as well, as well as a faint hint of black licorice. The smell is big. It is fitting. A big old sip reveals a sweet boozy bourbon over chocolate flavor that just seems to coalesce with the coffee. Like every choco-bourbon molecule is wrapped around a nucleus of coffee and oak. The mouthfeel is thick and creamy-- the way a good oak-aged stout should be. It actually has a bit of dryness towards the finish that really takes the edge off the bourbon--- like putting out the fire but leaving the warmth. There is a great Vanilla bean vibe here too. It mixes with the oakiness and the two really add quite a bit of taste and complexity.

There is a good amount of carbonation in this one. It is a little less than I like, but, this is a coffee beer that is aged in bourbon barrels, so I can deal with it. Other than that, there isn't really a valid complaint that I can make about this beer... And believe me, I wanted to make a valid complaint. I kind of wanted to be that homestate guy that gives this a less than an A review. Sorry, this beer deserves its great rating. It is fantastic. That coffee and chocolate note is just rocking my world.
Congrats to Goose. You knocked it out of the park on this one! And congrats to the Hawks. Now I just need my Cubs to pull it off...

4.72/5  rDev +2.6%

From review notes 5/29/10.

Bottle dated 3/26/10.

Poured into a tulip.

A: Pours an oily jet black darkness with one finger of brownish caramel head. Very thick with no chance for light to get through. No real lacing, only a thin brown ring around the tulip.

S: Sweet chocolate, roasted espresso, and vanilla. One of if not the best smelling stouts I've every smelled. Very little bourbon - especially in comparison to the regular BCBS. It smells like a freshly baked brownie amongst some roasted malts and coffee. Before I even taste this beer, I realized this one is not just hype.

T: Tastes like a fudge brownie dipped in some coffee and espresso. Rich and chocolaty. Some heat here, but very good. Vanilla notes smooth out this beer. Almost everything in the smell is represented in the taste. World class and definitely lives up to its recent following.

M: Full body and low carbonation - ideal for the style. Bourbon and espresso lingers on the palette.

D: Wonderful stout. The espresso and bourbon play wonderfully into this beer. The heat is the only limit to this beer's drinkability.

Cold 22oz bottle poured into a tulip glass.

Pours a deeper black than I was expecting and it had a short-lived light brown head. If I wasn't holding the cold bottle, it would have seemed more like a deep black espresso being poured straight from the espresso maker.

Wow! Definitely some freshly roasted espresso, rich chocolate, and quality bourbon aromas up front. Powerful nose just from the pour, didn't even need to shove my face into my glass.

Amazing taste of chocolate maltiness, roasted espresso (with a smooth bitterness), and very balanced amount of bourbon. Slightly sweet and surprisingly creamy. As the beer warms to room temp, some licorice becomes apparent. Bourbon heat on the finish but alcohol is extremely masked overall.

Mouthfeel was heavenly and beyond velvety. Like drinking a slightly thicker choc milk but not quite a milkshake. The best mouthfeel I've ever had from a stout. Drinks like an 8%

I should have bought a whole case!

Practically perfect as a young beer. Can't wait to see how it ages in my cellar!

4.47/5  rDev -2.8%

Chilled bottle into a glass. Received from lurchingbeast. Thanks, Frank.

EDIT: This beer seems to have faded exceptionally quickly. I tried 4 or 5 bottles over a couple of months and each was hotter / more bourbony / less coffee than the last. I still like it a lot, but this is one beer that should be consumed fresh, IMO. Scores adjusted slightly to reflect how a bottle is drinking today.

A: Pours a pitch black color with a dark mocha colored head. Great retention for the ABV and style. It leaves some fringes of lace down the glass at first, but none in the latter half of the glass.

S: Roasted malt, dark chocolate, coffee, and THEN bourbon. That's how it should be (IMO). Unlike BCBS, the barrel character has receded a bit and the base beer shines through more. Vanilla, oak, and a twinge -- just a bit -- of booze. Nonetheless, one of the best barrel-aged impy stouts I've smelled.

T: I wouldn't call this 'balanced' in the grand scheme of beers, but as far as barrel-aged imperial stouts go, it has a number of flavors, and each one has its place. Unlike BCBS, it has much more restraint on the bourbon barrel -- or rather, the bourbon is appropriately balanced by coffee here. Plenty of dark chocolate. Restrained vanilla, oak, and a touch of molasses. I really enjoy the full flavor of this. I honestly like this more than KBS.

M: Medium-full bodied. This is not a particularly thick stout (which is a good thing; it enhances its drinkability greatly). The cabonation is velvety and lovely. The only ding is that it is still quite hot; I don't know why anyone would say it has no heat at all. At least it's not a 13% blazing heat. I think this beer will hit my personal sweet spot in 6 months. I look forward to it.

D: It's a testament to how much I love this beer that I have traded for it twice. I estimate each bomber cost me $16 including shipping. That's fine. It's that. damn. good. And I had no trouble finishing it on my own.

Overall: well done. I don't feel that I'm lenient towards barrel-aged imperial stouts. This one really earned its score.

3.88/5  rDev -15.7%

Celebrating the Blackhawks Stanley Cup game 5 win an what better beer than to have this, brewed in Chicago.

A- pour a tick, black with a nice frothy head, which dissipates, but a very little lingers all the way.

S- I get bourbon up from with some vanilla, carmel and coffee. the alcohol is pretty prevelant on the nose.

T- quite a bit of heat from this. nice bourbon, vanilla and coffee again. not as much coffee as i would have liked, especially since its Intelligentsia, who brews the best espresso I have ever had

M- pretty hot, but nice and thick and creamy, which is the way I like my stouts.

D- at 13%, the drinkability goes down quite a bit. for the alcohol I would say its pretty good, although pretty hot at the same time. again, wish there was more coffee. slightly disappointing given the hype for this beer. i would like to do a side by side with same year the regular bourbon county stout to see the difference.

3.45/5  rDev -25%

Pours a dark coloured body, with a little head. Looks thick. Aromas of coffee up front, only fainter bourbon. The taste was cold coffee with tons of milk and sugar up front. Something I do not drink. As I kept drinking samples, and with food, the coconut taste (and the lactic acid) more than the bourbon accumulated.I finished 300 ml. but 750 ml. was just too much.

4.68/5  rDev +1.7%

After missing the release of this one because I was out of the state for a couple weeks I was fortunate enough to find a BA who had plenty and was willing to trade.

Poured from a bomber and split 3 ways. Dark black, not the thickest imperial stout ever but its pretty viscous stuff. Medium brown head. The aroma is lots and lots of bourbon, oak, coffee, raisin and bitter chocolate. I was worried after the nose that the bourbon barrel would overpower the other flavors but it did not. The main progression of flavors was fairly linear to me with a few subtleties that are harder to place. The main progression goes bourbon, dark chocolate syrup, bitterness from the hops, then coffee followed by a lingering coffee aftertaste that's nearly indistinguishable from the aftertaste of a good cup of coffee. Subtleties throughout of anise, oak, and some dark fruitiness that is raisin-like as in the nose. Feel is creamy, thick, and warming but just not quite thick enough for a 5. While probably not a good idea I would have no problem polishing off an entire bomber of this stuff, something I don't say too often about big beers like this. The past few weeks I've had a handful of highly hyped beers that turned out to be letdowns so it was really nice to be blown away again by a great beer.

4.79/5  rDev +4.1%

Poured from the bottle to a snifter

Color is black as it gets with a super fizzy coffee color head that isnt there long.

Smell is pretty crazy. I get some raspberries at first. Not present in regular bourbon county stout. a bourbon barrel twang to it. Dark red wine smells as well. Some vanilla syrup, and ohh yeah coffee.

Taste has way more coffee than the nose would leave you to believe. Almost light on the front of the tongue with carbonation, but is medium to heavy bodied overall especially when it warms up. Getting some bourbon flavor as well vanilla. Has a nice coffee bitterness to it. A great beer no doubt.

4.32/5  rDev -6.1%

This was a really good stout. I don't know if it's a "top 5" beer for me overall, but it was definitely enjoyable. Shared a bomber with a friend.

A: Dark brownish black, syrupy, legs like Tina Turner. Virtually no head on it, but it might have been my pour.

S: Captivating. Bourbon-y chocolate goodness with an almost molasses-like sweetness. Bourbon overwhelms any coffee scent it might have had pre-barrel.

T: Delicious. This is one of those beers that you take your time with. Not because it's 13%, but because you want it to last, and as it warms slightly, more flavors make themselves known. Very slight coffee taste quickly overwhelmed by oaky bourbon flavor, chocolate. Sweet but balanced. Pronounced alcohol burn doesn't detract.

M: Sticky but smooth and thick. Nothing to complain about here.

D: I would have no trouble drinking a couple bombers of this if they were more readily available and priced for mere mortals like myself.

Overall I'd call this an excellent stout and I certainly won't pass on the opportunity to enjoy another.

2.94/5  rDev -36.1%

Poured into my Cigar City Snifter.

A- Pours solid black. No light passes through at all. A fingers worth of a tannish head. Excellent retention and a solid amount of lacing.

S- Str8 up, in your grill, BOURBON. The charred malts and dark chocolate are present, but are supressed mainly by booze. I didn't pick up on any coffee at all.

T- Wow....I hate to say it, but I'm really disapointed. The bourbon is way to overpowering for me. Once again though the bourbon is just to hot. Weird because if I'm drinking liquor, I'm drinking Makers Mark, Gentleman Jack, or crown. Perhaps I should have chilled this brew a little longer before cracking it. I typicaly enjoy my stouts close to room temperature, so I had this just around room temp. The booze were just to much and it killed the other flavors in the beer. The only other thing I picked up on was the charred malts. No vanilla, no coffee, no chocolate. I really prefer regular BCS over this. I have one more bottle that I'm gonna let mellow out and I'll see what happens after some time has been put on this. I enjoy most BA stouts....I think this one just needs a little time.

M- Nice and creamy, but the heat from the booze killed it for me once again.

D- If you have read my review up to this point, you probably are going to guess what I'm going to say here...Yup u guessed it, just to boozey and hot. I'm anxious to revisit this brew in a year or so.

4.65/5  rDev +1.1%

22 oz. Bomber poured into a Duvel Tulip.

A: Pours black, but not jet black like some other stouts I've seen. An almost red tint was found while it was being slowly poured into the glass. One fingers worth of mocha colored head crowned the beer with good retention.

S: The smell is incredible with in your face notes of coffee, chocolate and soy sauce and slight hints of vanilla and bourbon.

T: Amazingly complex. I don't think I have ever had a beer as complex as this. It starts out with a strong coffee flavor followed by bourbon with some heat. This heat however, is not over the top at all. Bourbon and chocolate stay on the tongue after each sip. There are also hints of vanilla, oak, soy sauce and chocolate found throughout the brew.

M: Perfect for the style. The lower carbonation gives the beer a creamy feel and its not overly viscous.

4.77/5  rDev +3.7%

Truly black gold, with all of it's glass staining goodness and a short lived, bourbon barrel color head.

As the aroma of bourbon fills the room while pouring it you know that something great is about to happen. Closer inspection reveals one of the best smelling beers I've ever experienced. Vanilla, espresso bean, milky sweet and bitter chocolate, a whiff of alcohol. It smells a lot like an empty bourbon barrel.

It has an oaky bourbon flavor that intertwines with molasses, roasty coffee beans, and milk chocolate. But it's in the aftertaste that it really shines. The fade goes on and on with burnt cookies and espresso. Delicious finish.

The mouthfeel reminds me a bit of 2% milk, very smooth. It's not too high on my drinkablility scale, due to the richness and alcohol presence. It's a splitter and a sipper that demands respect, control, and attention. Deservedly so. In my top 5 without questions. Why did I not by more of this when I had the chance? Why?

4.44/5  rDev -3.5%

Poured from a 22oz. bottle acquired in a trade with AleWatcher (Thanks!) into my Brooklyn snifter at cellar temperature (05/15/10).

A: Pours a deep, rich, motor oil black with an ever so slight ruby hue caped off with a tan head that quickly dissipates.

S: Strong yet delicious bourbon scent along with molasses, roasted malt, and toffee/caramel. This incredible aroma is enhanced with a wonderful layer of coffee that is sweet, bitter and rich.

T: Intense bourbon flavor with very apparent alcohol heat, but in a pleasing way as long as you are a bourbon fan. Very complex flavors including molasses, roasted malt, caramel, toffee, bitter dark chocolate, sweet cocoa, vanilla, and milk chocolate all surrounded in a blanket of wood. I must say the coffee adds a very unique and flavorful quality, but I may prefer the original just a bit more.

M: Fulerl-bodied and oily with low carbonation. Perhaps just a bit thinner than I would like.

D: For the style this is certainly drinkable, but don't lie to yourself.

Overall this is certainly a great twist on the original classic. Another fine stout from Goose Island. Highly Recommended.

4.87/5  rDev +5.9%

2010 Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout bottled on 3/26/10.
Poured into my Cigar City snifter a deep black with a 1 finger head of dark tan, tiny bubbles. Aroma is notes of sweet dark chocolate, cocoa, and bourbon. The first sip is a plethora of flavors; chocolate sweetness up front followed by a strong coffee flavor, a nip of bitterness, and ending with a long drawn out bourbon taste. The alcohol is pretty apparent in the end. Letting this one warm up a bit as it was in the fridge brings out some more flavors. Slight vanilla notes. For being so "young" I will be interested to see what these do with some age on them.
Very full bodied mouthfeel.
An excellent example of an American Double/Imperial Stout.

2.37/5  rDev -48.5%

I truly was excited to try this beer. Anything that reaches the top 10 on BA is a must try. But this really is a massive disappointment. Choke the hype. This beer is almost more overly hyped than Patrick Rue's 18% bourbon RIS. The pour was expected. Gorgeous dark stout with tight mocha carbonation that disspated quickly. Best part about this beer for sure, however everything on was total crap. Aroma is straight bourbon. Nothing complex what so ever. At least bring some complexity into this. I thought this beer was brewed with top notch Intelligentsia Black Cat Espresso. Taste is of more bourbon with slight creme'd sugar and lactose. Can I get some toasty malt or some hops in this, please? Taking another whiff of this, I get cheap vanilla extract with more milk chocolate (hence the lactoce again). The body is rich and full without any stickyness. Finish is one dimensional with bourbon straight through. I hardly want another sip. Luckily I'm splitting this beer with a friend or else I'd drain pour at least half the bottle. I'd say if one is looking for a coffee infused RIS done the right way, search out the Mikkeller Beer Geek Weasel (BA'ed one if you can find it).

4.52/5  rDev -1.7%

A: The pour is fairly viscous and black with a finger's worth of brown head that has amazing retention.

S: An incredibly rich and robust nose. Tons of vanilla and coffee attack the sense. There is also quite a bit of chocolate, bourbon, and some more coffee for good measure.

T: The bourbon and barrel flavors come through more than I would have expected. Certainly plenty of vanilla and the coffee flavor is quite intense. A nice chocolatey and sweet finish.

M: As one might expect, this is a full bodied beer. The carbonation is low and smooth, giving the beer a very creamy mouthfeel.

D: There is a bit of heat that comes through (as there is with regular BCS), but it is covered up quite nicely by the vanilla and coffee. Still, this is one to drink with a few friends.

4.67/5  rDev +1.5%

Pours very dark and is black as a coal mine in the glass. One inch of mocha colored head that had very good retention. Thick coating of lacing recedes back into the liquid after each sip. The aroma is everything you hope for in a coffee infuses, barrel-aged stout. Each element is equally balanced. I smell whole bean, freshly roasted coffee, vanilla, bourbon, oak, chocolate, and alcohol. The flavor is almost equally awesome. It only falls short because of the alcohol heat. Coffee flavor that is almost the best I have had in a beer. The barrel-aging lends bourbon, vanilla, and woody notes. Still a substantial stout under all the other flavors and that is very important. Awesome thick, chewy, and creamy body. The best of Goose Island stouts is still evident in this beer. A great beer that I will need to find another bottle and age for awhile. A relatively good value as well, I could see several local breweries selling this for $10 more a bottle.

4.43/5  rDev -3.7%

Poured at a recent BA tasting thanks to Pawel. Pours a viscous black with minimal head. Nose is vanilla dominating with some coffee, the bourbon boozy elements are hard to find. Taste is vanilla, oak, espresso, some cocoa, honey, and a hint of bourbon. VERY smooth mouthfeel, one of the best ever. Up there with the best stouts I've ever had.

EDIT: Split a full bottle with fresh palate and updated the review. Moved up with smell and taste, a bit down with drinkability.

4.84/5  rDev +5.2%

Somehow, I got a bottle of this. I think there was only 1 case in my town!! A 22 oz. bottle of this. It says it is aged in bourbon barrels and expresso is added. I also see it is number 3 on the list and anticipate this drink highly.

I poured it an got about 3/4 inch of a dark tan head. That head left a ring of bubbles which is easily stirred up but not much lacing. It poured very black brown and the body is opaque.

The nose is awesome. Boiled down coffee, whiskey, charred wood, roasted malt, caramel. This is a great beginning. This beer is one of the most appealing based on the smell I have ever had.

Taste: Well, I took a tiny sip and WOW did the flavors explode. It is loaded with coffee, sweetness, roasted malt and some bourbon undertones. The finish is pretty bitter, not sure if it is hops or the expresso.

The beer is very thick body and viscous. It actually tastes feels like it was boiled down or thickened, but that is part of the fine appeal of this classic brew. There is a nice little zip after you taste it. The flavors linger on the tongue for sometime. The alcohol does not overwhelm you. It is not up front but I am sure it will let me know as I drink this. This is definitely one of the best stouts I have had. This puts Goose Island on the map as one of the fine breweries of the world with this accomplishment. I can't say enough about this beer. Truly enjoyable with every sip, I mean small sip.

Truly a world-class brew. I can't think of any way to improve on this complex, flavorful, yet beautifully harmonized beer. I don't remember having a beer stout than this.

A: Pours nice and thick, although not in the motor oil realm. Black with deep amber highlights at the edges if held up to some light. Surprisingly, it pours with a good sized light brown head which never fully dissipated for me.

S: Wonderfully balanced. Vanilla, deep chocolate malts, bourbon, and coffee all are present, though none are more prominent than any other. Great smelling beer.

T: The taste is as amazingly balanced as the smell. Considering how much is going on here, that's quite a feat. Rich coffee blends w/ malt and a nice vanilla flavor as well as subtle bourbon warming. I can taste each element at work, and each one is on point. Booze is hidden very well, making me want to keep drinking and drinking. Aftertaste is wonderfully reminiscent of coffee ice cream. I want more!

M: great, full, creamy texture. No metallic or off sensations to be found.

D: As drinkable as any 13% beer I've ever had. After drinking the first bottle (with a friend) we immediately ordered a second.

Goose Island has made a masterpiece

4.53/5  rDev -1.5%

22oz. bottle poured into a large Brandy Snifter

It pours a pitch black with a surprisingly deep mocha head that dies quickly into a very tight ring of bubbles around the edges. Hefty legs with carbonation bubbles appear when swirled. Around the thinnest edges of the glass a transparent deep chestnut color can be seen.

Ah yes the rich smell of bourbon, much like it's sister beer. The bourbon is much more muted and tame than it's sister though. From reading previous reviews I expected to be blown away the a deep rich coffee aroma. I found a surprising lack of that here and was kind of disappointed in the lack of a strong coffee nose as has been suggested.

This beer is intense. The coffee finally rears its big head in the taste and I'm loving it. The coffee and bourbon play nicely together with smooth synchronicity. The backend is where this beer shines though. I know this is the 2008 version of BCS but it was much smoother than 08 BCS at this point. The coffee just makes it rich, while the bourbon adds the sweetness to the beer. The aftertaste is great as well. It's almost like you are chewing the richest chocolate covered espresso beans in the world. I can't see how this beer could taste any better than it does right now.

The mouthfeel is so silky smooth with just the right amount of warming alcohol burn considering how bourbon heavy this beer is. Carbonation is perfect; it is present in the taste and has a nice scrubbing effect but not overdone to be distracting. The drinkability is good considering the ABV and the richness but it is such a thick calorie ridden beer I don't think it can score higher than a 4.

4.85/5  rDev +5.4%

22oz bomber into a snifter, bottled 3/26/2010. I've been staring at this one in my fridge for a few weeks or more waiting for a time to try it. FYI to anyone who doesn't know, this beer was brewed in 2008 so it has some age on it already.

A: Pours black with a tiny bit of clear brown on the edges and a small dark brown head that fades quickly and leaves tiny bit of lacing. While it's not the best looking beer compared to a regular imperial stout, this is what a barrel aged stout looks like.

S: The first thing I could smell as I was pouring this was the coffee. Smells like an espresso with vanilla and oak added in. A bit of dark chocolate and molasses in the background as well. If the coffee wasn't so overpowering I would have given this a 5.

T: Wow! I thought this was just hyped up but it delivers tons of flavors like no other. Imagine taking the base flavors of BCS like vanilla, molasses, cocoa, and chared oak and adding in a shot of espresso and this is what this beer tastes like. The finish changes between the coffee, chocolate, and vanilla flavors as it fades on the tongue. I think the coffee actually brings out more chocolate flavor and balances the overpowering vanilla flavors that regular BCS has.

M: The feel is thick, oily, and creamy. It coats the mouth with all those flavors and allows the finish to last for a while. It's slightly thinner than regular BCS but that's like buying 10W30 instead of 15W30.

D: The ABV is damn high and it's going to take me a while to finish this bomber but I won't have any trouble.

I hope they make this on an occasional basis as this is a damn good beer. I had a sinking feeling I would not like this since I didn't particularly like KBS but this takes what KBS is about and melds it with BCS to make a beautiful beverage. Highly recommended!

4.57/5  rDev -0.7%

Bought this at the Goose Island Wrigleyville Brewpub yesterday, May 27th.

Before I review, let me state that the regular BCS is my absolute favorite beer in the world.

It pours a thick jet black into the goblet provided, with a nice peanut butter tan head.

The expresso hits your nose right away! Smells of dark chocolate, bourbon and fresh roasted coffee fill the air.

Intial taste is the dark roasted chocolate, with a smack of coffee on the back end. Dark candied fruits slowly mix their way in there.Also notes of tobacco.

A bit boozier then the standard BCS. Definetely more bitterness also. I was glad that the metallic flavor you tend to get in some IMPY stouts wasn't present in BCCS. Creamy and full, this baby forces you to drink slowly and enjoy every sip.

This beer is a palate killer. The blend of flavors and alchohol severly limit your ability to drink more than one of these, as I struggled with finishing my bomber.

My only regret, is not getting another to take with, so I can try with a cigar. A simply amazing beer,that is worth the hype. For me though, I think I prefer the regular BCS. I'm not a a huge coffee drinker, but that didn't negatively affect my opinion. Just a great brew that I would purchase frequently if it was available.

3.6/5  rDev -21.7%

Thanks to Degarth for opening this one.

A: Pours deep dark black with an average mocha colored head. Lite retention and no lace.

S: Boooozy aroma, hints of acrid coffee, and deep roasted malt.

T: Booze right from the start in the flavor as well. The coffee is there in a big way with mild vanilla and coconut flavors. Mild chocolate notes with a touch of dark fruit.

M: On the fuller side of medium, rich, boozy.

D: Not real drinkable. This one needs to be laid down for a bit. My only fear is that the coffee will fall out a bit. I will take my chances though as this one is way too boozy as is.

4.42/5  rDev -3.9%

Dark black from a distance with a small head that dissipates rather quickly. When the glass is leaned to the side is a dark amber to a blood red color on the edges.
A fantastic smelling beer which gives way to rich coffee and chocolate, with more of a sweet rum character than bourbon.
A savory, complex beer with rich chocolate and coffee flavors. Butterscotch and vanilla also contribute.
A big beer. Carbonation is not extremely high but balanced due to bourbon aging.
A fantastic beer that I will revisit whenever possible.

Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout from Goose Island Beer Co.