Rusé Renard (Screw You, Jeppe) - Goose Island Beer Co.

Rusé Renard (Screw You, Jeppe)
No picture uploaded.

Goose Island Beer Co. visit their website
Illinois, United States

Saison / Farmhouse Ale |  6.50% ABV

Rusé Renard is a Saison with fresh concord grapes.

Also informally known as Screw You, Jeppe.

(Beer added by: seeswo on 08-13-2012)
4.25/5  rDev -3.4%

emerge077, Oct 25, 2013

CaptainNomihodai, Mar 12, 2013
4.25/5  rDev -3.4%

thewimperoo, Mar 11, 2013
4.36/5  rDev -0.9%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

On-tap at John Laffler's last day at GI Party. Served in a small pint glass, with multiple glasses consumed.

A - Minimal foam, with a thin ring of bubbles lingering. Hazed salmon/pink grapfruit juice body.

S - Big Concord grape aroma, with some vinous oak, sour lemon, floral and notes, a bit of mustiness, and some nebulous sweet malts in the periphery. Really nice stuff, with excellent balance and complexity to it.

T - The taste is extremely sour, with with the grapeskins dominating the grape must. Vinous oak, with tart lemon and grapefruit flavors. Less in the way of funk or malt characters; the complexity suffers and while it's still quite good I wish it had more of the sweetness found in the aroma.

M - Low carbonation, medium body, fairly high acidity, and a super dry finish.

D - Really awesome stuff, particularly if you love Concord grapes as much as I do. That being said I probably shouldn't have consumed as much as I did, as it left my stomach churning and in serious distress.

MasterSki, Jan 18, 2013
4.13/5  rDev -6.1%

Enjoyed at the Great Taste. Poured litish yellow with a spritzy head. Looked like Sofie. Smell was fantastic with overwhelming grape. Reminded me of grape juice. I spilled some in my bag and my bad still smells strongly of 'concord grape'. I'm not too mad. The flavor was substantially better than Sofie to me. The Grape added an interesting dimension to the beer. Tart, grapey, and nice - I would love to try Sofie with other fruits layered over it. The mouthfeel was spritzy with a moderate body. Overall, I really enjoyed this beer. Hopefully I can have more down the road and try other fruits. Cheers.

seeswo, Aug 13, 2012
Rusé Renard (Screw You, Jeppe) from Goose Island Beer Co.
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.