Hefeweizen - Sonoma Chicken Coop

No picture uploaded.

1 Rating

pDev: 0%
Sonoma Chicken Coop visit their website

American Pale Wheat Ale |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: RunDWP on 03-08-2009)
Reviews by RunDWP:
2.78/5  rDev 0%

Had this one at my local Sonoma Chicken Coop, at the Alamaden Expressway location in Alamden Valley. I'll give them some credit for asking if I wanted a slice of lemon in it rather than just dunking one in. I declined the lemon. I picked up the shaker glass at the front, and this brew had the requisite hazy yellow color and some sheeting action on the glass as I sipped.

Couldn't really detect much on the nose, and the flavor was pretty weak for a hefeweizen. Just wasn't getting any of the fruitiness or spicy zip one associates with the style. The flavor was mostly wheaty malt, with a little lemon, citrus-like undertone. Had a little sourness to it, maybe from the yeast that hurt the drinkability a little in my opinion. A decent lawn mower style beer, but if I wasn't in the neighborhood, I wouldn't be going out of my way for it.

RunDWP, Mar 08, 2009
Hefeweizen from Sonoma Chicken Coop
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.