Surrender - Piece Brewery & Pizzeria

Illinois, United States

Bière de Garde |  7.50% ABV

Beer added by: woodychandler on 10-02-2006

3.93/5  rDev +6.2%

Named for a hit song by Cheap Trick, this was a Biere de Garde. It was served in a tulip glass with a big, off-white/light-tan head. This was another fairly cloudy beer, which made me wonder how much they filter. Personally, I am all for either not doing it, or else doing it very lightly. (Aside: reading this in my notes makes me chuckle, especially IVO my visit to Lincoln, NE. It is like foreshadowing, Beer Pest style.) It was somewhat full in the mouth and it had a spiciness to it, no doubt driven by the yeast. The finish had a dry, vinous quality, like a white wine, coupled with a refreshing effervescence.

3.12/5  rDev -15.7%

On tap at the pub, looks like this hasn't been brewed for awhile... The beer pours a light gold that is slightly cloudy, annoys me. A light off white head, no retention ok lace... The aroma is totally dead, I get nothing, bored out of my mind... The taste is pretty boring too, yeast, way too much alcohol, a hint of floral hops, weird sweetness right out of left field. This was by far one of my lease favorite beers of their 8 I had. Skip this.

4.1/5  rDev +10.8%

As a Biere de Garde, this is outstanding, much fuller and richer then most in the style and close to a saison or Belgian pale. Appears quite cloudy but pretty with a thin white head. Fragrant aroma of light fruit, pears and apricots mostly with a strong yeastiness and lots of spice. Some hops too. Great flavor, a touch boozy but very full and fruity. Dry finish and supremely drinkable.

Surrender from Piece Brewery & Pizzeria
- out of 100 based on 3 ratings.