Amber Ale - Mt. Tallac Brewing

Amber Ale
No picture uploaded.

Mt. Tallac Brewing

American Amber / Red Ale |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: brandoneast on 03-18-2008)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
Reviews by yesyouam:
yesyouam

3.25/5  rDev -19.2%

[On tap at Hamdog's in Gardnerville, NV]
Mount Tallac Amber Ale is a solid brown ale with an off-white head that has great retention and lacing. It has a muted aroma of dark malt that's a little sweet. It's smooth and on the light side of medium bodied. It has a fresh flavor. It's slightly sweet and a little roasty. It's not very bitter but it's well balanced. It's kind of like a Scotch ale. A pleasant surprise.
(rated Jun 12, 2008)

12-17-2008 05:06:52 | More by yesyouam
Photo of

3.98/5  rDev -1%

Had this on-tap at the brewery. The brewery is a great experience. It's a little tough to find, and the door is not marked, but walk right in to meet a very friendly crowd of locals who appreciate a very good beer at a very low price.

This is a very dark amber. The brewer listed chocolate malt as one of the ingredients. Mine beer had no head.

The smell was right on for the style. Ultra fresh malt at the front with limited but very fresh hop aroma.

The taste is heavy and very roasty for an amber. I like heavy and toasty. This beer has a darker roasted malt than is typical for an amber.

Mouthfeel is fantastic. Soft yet strong.

The drinkability is average. This is a heavy beer with a lot of flavor.

09-19-2009 21:32:38 | More by
ctdfalconer

4.25/5  rDev +5.7%

I stopped by the brewery on my way out of town and grabbed a growler. I liked the very unpretentious attitude of the place and I would recommend a visit to any beer-nut I know who might be in the area. Locals know already, I'm sure, but Tahoe gets a lot of visitors. I was. I was pleasantly surprised by this place and the two beers they had available at the time of my visit. Jeff truly seemed serious about providing a quality product, which notion was borne out by the quality product he provided to me. His amber ale is very easy to drink with just a bit of toasty toffee grainy flavor and just enough hoppy bitterness to balance it. I'm glad I made the effort to find the place and I'm sad that I don't live close enough to Tahoe to benefit from it more often. I'm curious to see what else they come up with down the road.

Serving type: growler

07-14-2009 00:33:23 | More by ctdfalconer
benclimbs

4.3/5  rDev +7%

Yeah Jeff! Another great beer from Mt. Tallac try it at Orchid's Thai with some phad thai or curry. This may be the most commonly found one in the south shore, but by no means their best. The Conehead and Porter are wonderful.

Still though, I really don't like amber ales - and this is good enough for me to order consistently. Deep malty flavor, balanced hops, enough alcohol and a great nose!

11-06-2008 01:47:29 | More by benclimbs
brandoneast

4.33/5  rDev +7.7%

I had this poured at the Blue Water Bistro in Lake Tahoe while on vacation last week. This amber paired amazingly well with the hummus platter of chipotle and black bean hummus with a Spanish manchego cheese and warm Greek pita bread.

The brew poured dark auburn color and intentionally no head from the server. Huge nutty malt nose with subtle hints of caramel and a pleasant perfume of sweet hops. Malt backbone and a swinging balance of sweet to bitter hops. Flavors linger with a medium mouthfeel and fantastic dulcet finish.

03-18-2008 06:43:48 | More by brandoneast
Amber Ale from Mt. Tallac Brewing
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.