Butt Crack Brown - Klamath Basin Brewing Co. - The Creamery Brew Pub And Grill

pDev: n/a
Klamath Basin Brewing Co. - The Creamery Brew Pub And Grill visit their website
Oregon, United States

American Brown Ale |  5.50% ABV

(Beer added by: RedDiamond on 10-04-2005)
Reviews by Inflames:
3.53/5  rDev n/a

I can sit down and drink this beer and get a little satisfaction from it's mild aroma and average flavor. But I don't because I find the pale,IPA and stout to be more enjoyable.

What I would suggest is they add a bit more special grains to bring out the chocolate and caramel. A touch more hops. I'm not sure what they are using now but maybe go fuggle or just step up their bittering additions.

I like browns a little more full flavored but if someone preferred a bit thinner version then I would suggest this libation. Thus the reason I gave it above average ratings. Not a bad brew just not something to get excited about.

2.83/5  rDev n/a

A: looks like a brand new saddle, deep brown and a touch of red. Foam hugs the rim of the glass

S: malts and toasty caramel, smells kinda clean

T: syrupy sweet/caramel, just a hit of malts and really not much else. Lacking in complexity and taste. Strange, you drink this one, the taste hits you, then it is gone. It is rather clean, for what looks like a malt heavy beer...

M: medium bodied, rather smooth, carbonation nips at the tongue.

D: hmm, a nice sipper but after a while I felt like I was drinking nothing. I say try it and support local brews, but I was hoping for a bit more.

3.8/5  rDev n/a

12 oz from WCBF judging

A - Pours dark brown, no head, light carbonation, no legs (duh). Should have more carbonation and head.

S - Nutty, roasted malts, and coriander. Nice recovery!

T - Nutty with roasted malts.

M - Could be slightly more viscousy, but very smooth.

D - I'd lie if I didn't say I was disappointed in the appearance and mouthfeel, but overall, tastes like a decent session beer.

4/5  rDev n/a

2.85/5  rDev n/a

It tastes… brown. How else to say it? The smell is distant and the taste is somewhat nondescript, or shall we say minimal or lacking definition? Any way it’s said, there are no problems inherent in this beer aside from the unglamorous name. Its lack of defining assets casts the beer adrift in the ambiguous realm between inspiration and offense, making for a routine ale of casual dimensions.

Butt Crack Brown from Klamath Basin Brewing Co. - The Creamery Brew Pub And Grill
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.