Green Man ESB - Green Man Brewery

Extra Special / Strong Bitter (ESB) |  5.30% ABV

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 02-02-2006

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last
3.31/5  rDev -11.3%

I had this on draft at Twelve Bones in Asheville, NC. Nice beer, with a great brown color and decent head. Not as much on the aroma side of things as I would expect, but that could have been part of sitting outside. I got a malty backbone to this, and not so much of the hoppiness that I would have expected out of an ESB. Tasty beer, just not what I had expected. (364 characters)

3.62/5  rDev -2.9%

a: Has a nice amber color and little head retention.

s: Interesting caramel malts and some unique hops.

m: medium body and average composition.

t: Some hop flavors and a moderate bitterness. I wish there was just a bit more to this one.

d: Real easy drinking, like most Green Man offerings. (294 characters)

3.66/5  rDev -1.9%

It's funny, at first I was not impressed with this ESB, HOWEVER, through finishing the glass casually I learned to enjoy it. Maybe it was the brewmaster giving the history of ESBs or just grew to liking the beer, but I believe I could enjoy a few more of these. It's a nice caremely color, like a golden amber if that makes any sense. Mouth-feel is about what I expected from a beer of it's stature, but after a few sips/gulps I really liked it. (445 characters)

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last