Microbrew Invitational

good

Ol Woody Pale AleOl Woody Pale Ale

Mad Anthony Brewing Company
Indiana, United States | website

Style: American Pale Ale (APA)

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by zerk on 08-02-2002

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last
Reviews: 55 | Ratings: 84
1.82/5  rDev -48.3%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2 | taste: 1.5 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2.5

I sampled this Pale Ale even though I am still not a big fan of Pale Ales overall.Once again, another Pale Ale that I was not impressed with other than the fact that it had good lacing.I could not decide on its aroma and I definitely did not like the taste of it.In other words, I was not impressed and this one did not do anything to try and get me to like Pale Ale's any more.

This brew poured a weak head of small bubbles and formed a good lacing as it receded. Its body was a cloudy dark orange. It has a medium apricot finish. Was not the best of their beers IMHO.

4.46/5  rDev +26.7%

This beer was a beautiful hazy golden amber color with a moderate head that died after a couple minutes. Aroma was floral wilt mild fruitiness. Taste was a blast of floral hops and refreshing malty smoothness. Semi-sweet middle with a tangy, fruity finish.

4.22/5  rDev +19.9%

Pours a coppery-amber with a thick creamy head. Great retention, with a lot of thick clinging lace on my glass. The beer has a wonder smell of citrus hops that made my mouth water. The taste has quite a bit less citrus hop taste than I expected (based on the smell), but I wasn't dissapointed. The brew is pretty nicely balanced, though the smell gives the impression of an over-the-top hoppy brew. Still, the hops holds the proper dominant place in the taste but still allow the character of the caramel malt to come through. Great session brew, and good thirst quencher on a hot day.

3.72/5  rDev +5.7%

Pours gold amber, with a cream colored head. Head dissapated fairly quickly, and didn't leave much lace on the glass. Citrus and hops in the nose, and a very smooth taste. A mild hoppy flavor, but not very complex. Very drinkable, and a decent session beer.

firstprev| 1-25 | 26-50 | 51-75  | next → last