2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

No. 06 Oatmeal Stout - Gella's Diner & Lb. Brewing Co.

No. 06 Oatmeal Stout
No picture uploaded.

Gella's Diner & Lb. Brewing Co. visit their website
Kansas, United States

Oatmeal Stout |  6.00% ABV

Full-bodied stout with hints of caramel, coffee and chocolate. True “Liquid Bread”and a meal in itself.

(Beer added by: Quaffer on 10-06-2005)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 22 | Reviews: 12 | Show All Ratings:
udubdawg

Kansas

4.22/5  rDev +0.2%

my pint arrives black, with a tall beige foamy head. After quickly receding, I am pleasantly surprised by the staying power of the final quarter inch of creamy cap.

Nose features coffee, but it is rather mild and not overly roasted. Chocolate follows in cocoa powder form, and there is a nice toffee background.

Flavor follows aroma but in amped up fashion. This is a rich brew. I'd like to session it but I generally feel pretty full after a couple. Body feels quite full, with a nice creaminess. Carbonation has been a little hit and miss - sometimes spot on, sometimes a bit prickly.
Anyway, where was I? Oh yeah, delicious beer. In addition to the chocolate and toffee I get a hint of liquorice, balancing hop bitterness plus a bit of bitter char. In addition to the moderately bitter finale the finish is slightly sweet and dry.

as mentioned, it isn't quite as drinkable for me as I'd like. Then again, as I'm always on a road trip when coming here, I suppose that's a good thing. Very good beer, highly recommended.

01-20-2008 16:18:59 | More by udubdawg
karst

Missouri

4.35/5  rDev +3.3%

Pours coal black with a dark brown fine creamy 3 finger head. Aroma of caramel, coffee and chocolate malts. Flavors follow with a medium full mouthfeel and excellent complexity suggesting a Kalamazoo Stout! Perfect finish with lingering malts and well bounced hop bitterness. A absolute session beer!

04-09-2006 02:02:06 | More by karst
No. 06 Oatmeal Stout from Gella's Diner & Lb. Brewing Co.