Wildfire - Fitger's Brewhouse

No picture uploaded.

Fitger's Brewhouse visit their website
Minnesota, United States

Chile Beer |  5.30% ABV

(Beer added by: fantome on 07-23-2004)
Reviews by GeezLynn:

3.25/5  rDev -4.7%

2.48/5  rDev -27.3%

Originally reviewed May 22, 2005. On tap at the brewpub. A brown-red tinged crystal clear golden pour, topped with a thin line of white head. Bouncy fresh and roasted perppar aroma, that is quite delectable. Mellow cheery light roasted musky jalapeno notes. Nice aromas. HOLY S***! FIRE! FIRE! FIRE! You get a tiny hint of musky pepper, then a little dusty malt, then BURNING! over powers everything! Dear god. Palate is fire. Such a deceiving beer. Starts all smooth, watery and a little crisp, then it just burns like a mofo, especially in the throat. This would be a great trick beer. "Thirsty man?" "Sure, I could really go for a refreshing cold one right now." I now have ulcers and acid reflux and I’m sweating. I give this a three for flavor: 1 for the actual pepper flavor, 1 for the light malt, and 1 for the burning. A true wildfire. My ears are now flaming. And this is scaled back?!?! The bartender said it was good for cooking, but what the hell else is it good for. I don’t like pepper beers, that’s why the flavor is a 3. But, overall as a Pepper beer, this is pretty impressive. It doesn’t have that sickening half rotten pepper flavor.

4.05/5  rDev +18.8%

"This was the most ridiculous beer I have ever tried." That is taken directly from the middle of the notes I took on this beer, and it holds true. My friend who works at Fitgars first gave me some in a sampler glass without telling me what it was. After losing most of my nose hairs while smelling it, I simply said "Wildfire" having heard of this fabled beer before, so I got a pint while filling growlers.

Cloudy but still see through, reddish amber color, with just a little ring of head. The smell is so pungent it was scary to my friends who were with who don't like unusually hot food like myself. It stings and dances with sweet smelling but obviously hot hot hot peppers. I couldn't smell anything like a jalapeño though, it was a lot more like a green bell pepper than anything, but chile hot. The taste was of course strongly dominated by hot peppers, flavorful sweet but hot peppers. Trying really hard I could detect some of the cloudy amber malt. Its sweetness helped take the edge off a little but I was still tough to find behind all of those peppers. I rated the mouthfeel pretty high, for me this beer was not so hot I couldn't drink it, but it was hot enough not to have more than one in a single sitting. I imagine someone who doesn't like spicy food as much as I do would hate this beer. The burn was detectable a good 45 minutes or so on the drive further up the shore. Novelty beer, but fun as hell to try.

3.25/5  rDev -4.7%

Wildfire from Fitger's Brewhouse
- out of 100 based on 5 ratings.