Mr Spock Eisbock - Fitger's Brewhouse

No picture uploaded.

Fitger's Brewhouse visit their website
Minnesota, United States

Eisbock |  12.00% ABV

(Beer added by: ZAP on 03-19-2006)
Reviews by ZAP:
4.7/5  rDev +11.1%

Dark brown..almost black....mild tan head....I expected a lot of booze on the nose but instead I get a deep malty toffee front with some spicy herbal hop backing and a bit of dark cocoa...

Body is full but creamy and smooth...I expected more heat but this is exceeding my expectations once again...

Flavor is rich sherry flaovor..I'm guessing munich malt but I could be off on that....a good dose of dark cocoa...also lighter notes of toffee...vanilla...oak...tasting the ABV now a little on the finish...

This is a 1 or 2 a night type of brew...I'm amazed at the smooth, rich body that was achieved..finishes a little harsh and boozy and I know they are planning on aging this for another year...My guess is this will be a 5.0 beer in a year...as it sits it is still damn well worth the effort to try it...

ZAP, Mar 19, 2006
3.1/5  rDev -26.7%

Originally reviewed on March 17, 2006. On tap at the brewpub. Aroma of phenolic bitter hazlenuts, with a dash of Frangelico and my grandmother’s alcoholic bourbon breath. Strong. A hint of bananas and papayas. Pour of reddish amber, with a thin rim of ivory. Flavor is a wicked, crushing flaming hot alcohol, mixed with burnt pecans and ground peanut skins. Bitter as it could be. Alcoholic to a death defying level. I’ve had 100 proof vodkas smoother than this beer. Scortches the tounge. Smoothness? This beer needs time. I’d say give it four or five years, at a minimum, taste and see. Then maybe give it a few more. It does have potential to say the least. I did enjoy the opportunity to try this now, so I can see what an aged version is like in the next couple of years.

CharlesDarwin, Dec 08, 2006
4.6/5  rDev +8.7%

Nice dark crimson tone. Clear. Very thin brown head. Lacing is spotty in nature, but fairly abundant for the high a/v this one packs. Great aroma of thick malts, caramel, nougat, rum soaked raisins and a little fig as well. Richness of malts hits the palate first and foremost. Thick and luxurious. Gooey caramel and toffeeish in base. Vanilla. Raisins, dates, figs and other dark fruits become noticeable as well. Black cherry. Plum. And a bit of spice. Very smooth profile, with the minimal alcohol that is present on the buds integrated nicely. For a 12% brew, this is incredibly smooth and drinkable.

Bighuge, May 09, 2006
4.53/5  rDev +7.1%

Note this is from my review backlog and was written at least a year ago just not entered until now.

A- Black as night with a good looking head.

S- Wow a nice fruity malty nose just wonderful I couldn't ask for anything more.

T- Hugh beer, just big. Good heat form the alcohol a slow sipper but very nice, great malt flavors.

M- Good but its hard to keep in your mouth because you just want to drink it.

D- Its a sipper but so nice. Really a great beer doesn't get much better then this.

beckje01, Jan 12, 2008
Mr Spock Eisbock from Fitger's Brewhouse
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.