Erie - Fitger's Brewhouse

No picture uploaded.

Fitger's Brewhouse visit their website
Minnesota, United States

Belgian Strong Pale Ale |  9.00% ABV

(Beer added by: jjanega08 on 04-27-2011)
Reviews by joshuaseresse:
4.7/5  rDev +7.3%

Thanks once again to my father for snagging me a few bottles of this while up in Duluth. Bottle #126 of 204. My friend didn't really have any trouble with the cork, but with the other Fitger's bottles I've skipped trying to open it with my hands and just went straight for the corkscrew. Shared with a friend:

A - Golden with a creamy white, sort of light head. Lacing is decent. Good amount of carbonation.

S - Slight citrus notes of pineapples, oranges and a bit of red apples. Noticeable tones of Belgium yeast and sort of a bubblegum aroma.

T - Kind of sweet honey and those grains of paradise spices really come through nicely. Lemon and orange and a bit of wheat. There is pepper in the after taste which is unique and welcomed. A slight burn/spice in the after taste but not from and boozy heat but from the spices. Really, really intriguing. These after notes had me thinking about them for the rest of the night.

M - Creamy with good carbonation. A light zest and tingle.

O - I really, really like this one. I think I like the Ontario a little bit better, but this one did not disappoint. Really unique, unlike anything I've had before. I'm lucky to have another bottle of this one hanging out and am interested in seeing what happens to it after a bit of age. Well done, Fitger's.

joshuaseresse, Jul 19, 2011
3.95/5  rDev -9.8%

Stubborn $&# cork.

A - Yellow colored beer with a white head that had a decent amount of lace and retention.

S - The smell is quite fruity, almost thought it was an apricot wheat at first. Some mild yeast, and sweet pale malts. Not bad.

T - Taste is actually pretty pleasant, and considering we were drinking crap beers all day it probably gets the benefit of that. Light fruit and wheat character and a little bit of yeast.

M - Smooth, lower level carbonation.

O - Not a bad beer, never had a Figer's offering before, and this was solid. Alcohol seemed very well hidden and I enjoyed it.

AgentZero, Jul 09, 2011
4.25/5  rDev -3%

Phocion, Nov 16, 2011
4.63/5  rDev +5.7%

Great Lakes series 2011
Bottle Number 97/204
Brewer Bjorn Erickson

A= Impossible cork had to get cork opener. Pours a nice slightly hazy deep yellow color with an active finger of pure white head on it. The head is the most pure white thing I've ever seen. Steady retention and lacing on the glass.

S= Pungent smell. I can smell it from quite a ways away. Nice fruity yeasty smell. Apricots come to mind! Wow sweet sweet apricots. I'm suprized there isn't fruit added. The label on the bottle says they added grains of paradise so maybe that is where the intense fruity smell comes from. Wonderful mix. Smells like an apricot cake or something. Really amazing.

T= The taste is just as unique and amazing only in a different way. The taste has a bitterness to it that isn't a hop bitterness but more of an astringent type of bitterness. Not bad just different. The apricot still comes through but is a little lighter. There is also a nice doughyness to it. Almost a wheat character. Creamy doughyness. Beautiful.

M= Creamy and smooth. This is actually ideal for me as far as mouth goes. Seems slimey at times but I love it.

O= First beer from this small but famed brewpub and I am blown away. This beer is everything I wanted and more. Worth checking out if you can get a bottle. I was lucky enough to have an ex girlfriend in the area and she picked me up a bottle. Seek this out. I know I may be making a trip up if these are still around.

jjanega08, Apr 27, 2011
Erie from Fitger's Brewhouse
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.