Hideaway Brown - Upland Brewing Company

Awaiting 10 Reviews

pDev: n/a
Upland Brewing Company visit their website
Indiana, United States

American Brown Ale |  ABV ?

Beer added by: karengarys on 01-27-2005

Reviews by karengarys:
3.33/5  rDev n/a

This looks pretty good, pours slightly hazy brown with little head. There is a small ring that retains around the glass.

Smell is okay, like a brown, nothing outstanding.

Taste is very brown like too. ...not being very descriptive here, am I? The flavor is a little malty, a little dry hoppy - no pine at all.

The mouthfeel is a bit thin, with some of the hop prickling on the tongue. I pick up a bitter dryness.

The finish is watery and bitter, and a slight bad aftertaste remains.

This is a decent brown worth trying. If you like English browns, then you MUST seek this one out and try it! I have more American tastes, and for me it is just okay.

Update six months later: I am trying this again and noticing a bit of coffee in the taste that I didn't notice before. It really is a good beer, I should not have been quite so negative - however I am only changing the "drinkability" rating (from 3 to 3.5), but I think the rest reflect what I am tasting. I think overall it should get a higher rating than the tally shows, but that is how the chips fall. I think the problem for me is that it isn't quite as rich as I would like it. If you like brown ales, GIVE THIS A TRY!!!

Hideaway Brown from Upland Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.