Hoosier Hops - Upland Brewing Company

1 Rating

pDev: 0%
Upland Brewing Company visit their website
Indiana, United States

American Amber / Red Ale |  ABV ?

Availability: Spring

(Beer added by: GreenWBush on 04-04-2006)
Reviews by GreenWBush:
GreenWBush

Oregon

3.35/5  rDev 0%

Wow, that's some ugly artwork. This beer commemorates the level of insanity Indiana usually feels during March, but we're not too mad this year with our team losing early. But I digress.

This beer comes out of the bottle a dark, steeped pekoe-tea red with a fluffy and buoyant head. Excellent lacing is observed, likely from the bottle-conditioning and hoppiness.

The nose of this beer catches me way off guard - it is intensely and unrepentantly yeasty, like opening a fresh packet of active dry yeast. Underneath this yeast-blanket I get some fresh hop aromas (citrus) and vague suggestions of powdery malt.

The taste is equally uninspiring, a yeasty mess whose only redeeming qualities are the intense and fresh hop burps at the end.

Mouthfeel of this beer is pillowy and soft. This adds to the drinkability, but I had trouble getting through one (fresh mind you) 12 oz. sample.

I sampled this beer again and found myself more interested in it. Is it simply an American (hoppy) Red Ale with Belgian yeast? Either way, its interesting at least.

04-04-2006 19:29:03 | More by GreenWBush
Hoosier Hops from Upland Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.