Persimmon Lambic - Upland Brewing Company

Persimmon LambicPersimmon Lambic

Upland Brewing Company visit their website
Indiana, United States

Lambic - Fruit |  ABV ?

(Beer added by: Thorpe429 on 05-03-2010)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
thagr81us

South Carolina

4.13/5  rDev -3.3%

Big thanks goes out to my boy aasher for giving me this one during our MASSIVE in-person trade when he came down to visit! Thanks Al! Slight gusher! Served from bottle into a Mikkeller taster flute. Poured a hazy straw yellow with a one finger white head that subsided to half a finger very slowly. Maintained nice lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, tart, sour, subtle funk, passion fruit, persimmon, and slight sour apple. The flavor was of sweet malt, persimmon, tropical fruit, tart, sour, and a very slight funk. It had a light feel on the palate with high carbonation. Overall this was a solid brew. I really have to say, that I quite enjoyed this one. I have had a lot of these in the series and this one is definitely up there as far as one of my favorites. The persimmon is definitely the star of the show on this one and keeps reminding you of this fact throughout every sip. A really well done brew that should be tried by anyone who likes the style or persimmon. You won't be disappointed.

12-11-2011 01:30:17 | More by thagr81us

jh1982

Nevada

11-24-2011 17:03:51 | More by jh1982
cpetrone84

Pours a very light yellow hazy liquid, violent inside with a creamy white head. The nose is sweeter than the peach with some mineral notes up front. Lots of fruity aromas, peaches, mango, light touch of sour in the nose. There is a tang on the fruits which I am told is the persimmon (never had one). The taste is balanced and subtl, lightly sweet, hints of tang with a faint mineral brett note. There is some spice in the back and a nice level of sourness, not overpowering but adds depth and is balanced wel. The feel is creamy, lively carbonation, rather dry, light crispness in the finish.

11-22-2011 18:23:54 | More by cpetrone84
SpdKilz

11-21-2011 02:03:56 | More by SpdKilz
antoines15

4.1/5  rDev -4%

So far, this is the best of the Upland lambics that I have had. Better than kiwi, raspberry, and strawberry, well, maybe not strawberry.

Resembles a watered down mountain dew with some pretty active bubbles.

Smells like what I imagine a persimmon smells like. Peach-like, possibly? Definitely more fruity smelling than the others that I have had.

Taste has more of that nice fruit flavor, almost tastes like the outside of a peach. Pretty sour, its no Cantillon, but what is? The fruit flavor lingers for quite awhile and is very enjoyable.

Mouthfeel is tiny bubbles dancing on my tongue, very active carbonation, too much for me.

It doesn't get you all the way in the back like Cantillon does but all in all, a pleasant beverage to share with friends. Too much for me and my SB to finish in one sitting.

11-19-2011 23:18:16 | More by antoines15
Soonami

11-18-2011 23:57:12 | More by Soonami
Reagan1984

2.78/5  rDev -34.9%

Thanks to Masterski for sending this along last month. Shared this bottle with Jctribe last night.

Well, we had a GUSHER!!!.. Seriously, this bottle was never shaken or disturbed. As I released the cage, I noticed the cork was moving out on it’s own right away. I popped it and thought we struck oil. 1/2 the bottle was immediately all over my coffee table.

After finally getting the situation under control we poured the beer and it was a very hazy dull pale yellow/straw color. Not sure if this is what it’s supposed to be or if the sediment was suspended in the remaining beer. A touch of fizzy white head capped the beer.

Aroma was so thick and perfume like it was unreal. I used to work in a produce department, so I’ve had Persimmons, but it’s been years. The smell was a bit familiar, but it also was so strong and perfume like that it seems a woman put on way too much. Almost chemical like.

Flavor was also very perfume like filled with a flavor that matched the distinct fruit notes in the aroma. But the chemical like flavor or just overbearing perfume was also center stage. After this initial hit there was a lot of vanilla and oak.

Strangely smooth and silky mouth feel. Would have to guess that the suspended yeast and knocked down carbonation contributed to this.

I have to say I wasn’t the biggest fan here, but I am happy I had the opportunity.

11-18-2011 22:23:04 | More by Reagan1984
brandoman63

11-18-2011 21:32:00 | More by brandoman63
Kaydogg

11-18-2011 21:09:54 | More by Kaydogg
tjkinate

Nebraska

4.18/5  rDev -2.1%

Best sour beer I have had, which I must admit isn't many.

A: A short lived single fingered bright white head forms atop this deep yellow, partly cloudy brew leaving no lacing in its wake.

S: Strong scents filled with what I assume are persimmons, along with other acidic fruits. Brett funkiness shows its face, but isn't as prominent as in others from similar varieties. Made my mouth water.

T: Big sour front, much more prominent than the smell led me to believe. Fruit does follow nicely, but I still wish they were stronger. Like the smell, the Brett funkiness is more subtle than others.

M: Highly carbonated, crisp, medium light.

O: Best I have had of the variety, but these sour beers really aren't my favorite.

11-18-2011 18:40:24 | More by tjkinate