Cherry Bourbon Barrel Teddy Bear Kisses - Upland Brewing Company

No picture uploaded.

Upland Brewing Company visit their website
Indiana, United States

American Double / Imperial Stout |  11.50% ABV

(Beer added by: mothman on 08-20-2010)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters

3.5/5  rDev +4.5%

03-29-2012 13:33:30 | More by thewimperoo
kbutler1

2.73/5  rDev -18.5%

Draft at the Great Taste. Poured a brown murky color with a tan head. The nose is pretty confusing to me with notes of dark fruits and pear. This is one odd brew and almost tastes like a cider mixed with an IS to me. Not at all what I was expecting nor am really wanting. Medium mouthfeel. Overall, I choked down the one sample but this is not a beer that I would search out anytime soon although I would try it again to see if I liked it any better.

09-24-2010 14:04:07 | More by kbutler1
mothman

United Kingdom (Wales)

3.43/5  rDev +2.4%

On tap at the Great Taste 2010. I was looking forward to this all day.

Pours 1/2 finger of tan head. Color is a dark mahogany brown near black. Slight red hue to it when held to the light.

Aroma/Taste: This beer has exactly what it says in the name but it just doesn't work. It has chocolate and cherries which one would think would be great together but then the oak comes in with a light bourbon flavor and really messes everything up. The beer just doesn't flow together very well. It is a big stout, but the cherries throw it off making the beer hardly drinkable.

Mouthfeel: Warm and smooth. Medium to full bodied with a decent amount of carbonation. Ends roasted with some cherries.

Overall, I was very let down with this one. All the people in my group agreed as well. I had a large pour of this, but didn't even want to finish my glass.

08-20-2010 01:17:18 | More by mothman
Cherry Bourbon Barrel Teddy Bear Kisses from Upland Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.