Microbrew Invitational

3.8

Brasserie Grain D'Orge
Belgium | website

Style: Witbier

Alcohol by volume (ABV): not listed

Added by ManforallSaisons on 09-23-2012

Reviews: 1 | Ratings: 1
Reviews by ManforallSaisons:
3.8/5  rDev n/a

Confusingly, this summer I bought two 33cl bottles in Brussels with the same name, both labels bearing a picture of an orange but otherwise in inverted colors, and one described itself in small print as 'fruitée' or fruity. But the tastes were so similar I had a hard time distinguishing them, and suspect that I had the same beer with different labels. So I will just review the first I tasted, not marked fruity. It poured into a tulip glass with a light scrim of ivory head on opaque, spun-honey gold brew. The color description might have been inspired by (or vice versa) honey aromas along with a nice but subtle blend toast, apricot, banana and clover. Flavor also was subtle but had a nice wheat character, as in a bit of vegetal sweetness, with a touch of orange zest. Wheat can be a bit weighty in the mouth but this was effervescent, quenching and quaffable. This is a bit of a restrained take on a wheat beer, not the most outgoing character, but I appreciate any different interpretation of the style.

Bérangère from Brasserie Grain D'Orge
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.