Chipotle Wee Heavy (Hot) - Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery

Beer added by: morimech on 02-08-2009

to view more.
Ratings: 2 | Reviews: 2
3.27/5  rDev n/a

Yowza's!! This beer is hot stuff. Poured a dark amber color with no head or lacing. Strong, smokey, jalapeno-laden aroma with just a hint of sweetness in the background that gets thoroughly muffled by the smoked chile. Flavor is starts out sweet and smokey and then BAM! The jalapeno heat hits the throat and back of tongue and burns as it goes down. It's a very interesting flavor, lots of smoked jalapeno (chipotle) flavor, but not a lot of beer flavor going on. It's like an amber ale with shots of hot sauce in it. It was pretty tasty but I found it VERY difficult to drink much of it. An interesting brew, and I'm glad i had a chance to try it out.

4.16/5  rDev n/a

I looked to see what was available and saw a Chipotle Wee Heavy on the board. A variation of their Wee Heavy. I ordered one and the bartender asked if I would like the hot or mild. Now I was intrigued. I ordered a hot of coarse since I am no pussy when it comes to spicy food. It was served in a small goblet which I believe was 10 oz. at $5. The beer had very little head and had zero lacing. Very dark, almost black in color. The aroma was very smokey but I could not pick up any other attributes. The flavor was heavy on the smoke at first then the chile spice hits hard. It really is hot. Some of the other chile flavors are noted but are barely perceptible. Not undrinkable for me but I could see many Minnesotan's thinking this is horrid and a hell brew. By far the most chile heat I have tasted in a brew. It has a high ABV as well so combine with the spice I was limited to one. It was hot enough that I would not combine this with spicey food but something more in the line with a breakfast menu or very savory meal.

to view more.
Chipotle Wee Heavy (Hot) from Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.