Tart Cherry Tripel - Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery

No picture uploaded.

Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery visit their website
Minnesota, United States

Tripel |  9.00% ABV

(Beer added by: mothman on 08-09-2009)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
Mistofminn

3.9/5  rDev -3.2%

Well, when I saw Ben reviewed this beer (nice job on misspelling the name by the way) I figured since we'd been having the same beer lately I might as well finish off the weekend with the same beer. So me and the girlfriend went to lunch at Town Hall today.

Not sure where the "Tart" came from, as it wasn't on the chalkboard but I could be wrong.

Served in a medium chalice. Color is pink, almost like a dark pink-lemonade. Not much head on this serving, only a small ring. Not much lacing either.

The nose is almost completely dominated with tart cherries. Honestly, it's hard to pick up the base Tripel, but it's there. I'm not a huge fan of cherries (more of a raspberry guy personally) but this is some good smelling stuff.

I can get a lot more of the base Tripel in the taste for sure, but I'm not even sure I really like that. It's not bad, it's just missing something. Tart cherries dominate again.

Mouthfeel is light and smooth. Little to no carbonation bite. Drinability is insane. The 9% is not noticeable at all.

Not a bad offering from Town Hall, but I'm not sure I'll be ordering this again. On a side note, Ben will be happy to know I took notes at the bar this time, rather than doing it from memory.

08-09-2009 22:15:56 | More by Mistofminn
mothman

United Kingdom (Wales)

4.15/5  rDev +3%

10 oz goblet

Hardly any head, hence no lace. Color is a hazy ruby grapefruit. Nice color.

Aroma: a nice spiced tripel with fresh cherries. Some cloves also. Not to much here. Reminds me a little of mn tan.

Taste: a big fresh cherry tart, some nice spices, mainly clove, and a blend of other ripe fruits. No alcohol, beware.

Mouthfeel: not to tart, but it is there. Fairly smooth. Light bodied with a decent amount of carbonation. Ends with a pretty clean aftertaste.

Overall, I really like this beer. I like the tart addition to the style. Extremely drinkable for 9%. I could drink a lot of this! Highly recommended.

08-09-2009 02:48:38 | More by mothman
Tart Cherry Tripel from Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.