Join our email list →

Macaroon
No picture.

Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery
Minnesota, United States | website

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  ABV ?

Beer added by: mothman on 06-29-2011

4.74/5  rDev +14.5%

Review 100

Poured into a pint glass from the tap.

Pours a nice golden honey color. A scant amount of white head. Lacing is pretty much nill. Smells strongly of roasted coconut and sweet malt. Downright heavenly. This beer drinks so smoothly. A damn near perfect summer drinker. The taste is coconut and sweet caramel malt. A liquid candy bar. I wasn't expecting this to be this damn good.

I came for a pint. I could have sat there all day so I left. Not before I bought 3 growlers of it though. I hope this beer is yearly.

Poured on draft into a pint glass.

A- Yellow bronze color, a little cloudy, slight carbonation, nice lacing, ½ finger white head,
S- Unique aroma, sweet coconut, kind of a fruity aroma to it.
T- Really tasty, coconut upfront, sweet, creamy, some bitterness comes out on the finish, really enjoyable.
M- Medium mouthfeel, really smooth.
O- Interesting beer, the first coconut style beer I’ve had, and I was impressed, would gladly have this again.

4.15/5  rDev +0.2%

I asked the style but no one knew. (edit: I guess it would be placed under the fruit/vegetable category).

Served in a pint glass with white head and little retention. Left a bit of lace. Color is a Orange hued gold.

Aroma: coconuts and mounds bar. Pretty malty. Sweet and creamy.

Taste: cream soda and coconuts. Reminds me of a mounds bar. Marshmallows. A bit sweet. No hops present. Pretty awesome flavor.

Mouthfeel: creamy and smooth. Lighter bodied with a medium amount of carbonation. Ends with more coconut.

Overall this was a great beer. Very tasty and really drinkable. A must try.

Macaroon from Minneapolis Town Hall Brewery