Indecision Ale - Round Barn Brewery

Indecision Ale
No picture uploaded.

Round Barn Brewery visit their website

American Amber / Red Ale |  5.30% ABV

(Beer added by: JohnnieNepal on 11-03-2013)
View: Beers (13) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters
Reviews by DMarlinJ:
DMarlinJ

2.48/5  rDev -20.3%

Whoa! This is like Mentos in Coke! Foamed up so fast almost shot out of bottle and out of glass. One finger of beer 7 of foam.

After the head settles there is slight ring and no lacing. Golden amber color but somewhat hazy. Not much smell to make note of. I can't get past the carbonation. This is so overly carbonated it is tough to drink, if you can get past the pour.

The mouthfeel is so unpleasant I don't want to drink it. It foams up in your mouth when you sip and hold in your mouth. Biting on your tongue and burns down your throat.

I don't even care about commenting on the taste. Overall they need to fix this if all bottles come out like the one I bought. I am glad I only bought a single.

01-16-2014 02:32:40 | More by DMarlinJ

01-27-2014 18:01:24 | More by krome
Alextricity

2.78/5  rDev -10.6%

*UPDATED REVIEW*

After sending an e-mail to Round Barn about the issues I had with their previous bottle (they mentioned it was a fermentation tank issue), I unexpectedly got sent a six-pack of Indecision Ale.

Appearance: Pours beautifully. Without being aggressive, filled my pint glass to the brim. Beautiful slightly hazy dark amber oclor with a sand colored head on top. Fantastic lacing, and the head sticks around. Loving it so far.

Smell: Different than the infected/messed up bottle. The apple note isn't so much there so much as a sweet "dirty malt" sort of aroma. Smells like an amber ale with a bit more sweetness to it. I suppose there's a fruity essence there as well, but it's very slight.

Taste/feel: Far better than the other bottle... far, far better. While the last one was insanely carbonated and unbelievably thin, this one has a nice body and moderate carbonation with a bit of prickliness. The flavor is like a combo of a brown and amber ale. There's a caramel sweetness that an amber would provide (although it has an "off" sweetness to it), but then a chocolate characteristic that'd be found in a brown. Not a legendary beer by any means, but actually not bad. There does seem to be a feeling of... cheapness? In the flavor? But it's still decent. Almost tastes like there could be adjuncts in it.

Again, thanks a lot Round Barn for the unexpected sixer. This brew is completely different than the last bottle I had, and I like it. Not quite as good as the Oronoko Stout, but this isn't bad at all.

*PAST REVIEW*

The short review? I'll solve the "indecision" -- don't buy this shitty "beer."

The long? Well, it still won't be all that long.

Appearance: I read ahead of time that this beer was a gusher, so I made sure to take it slowly out of the fridge and not move it much to minimize it. Welp, within seconds anyway, it gushed all over the place for about 3-5 minutes, so it's a good thing I was near a bathroom... it would have been a LOVELY mess otherwise. I had a pint of foam and ultimately lost about 3 ounces out of the beer. Nice start, Round Barn! (1.5/5)

Smell: Sweet. Sort of Belgian-y apple. Spicy. Sweet. A bit of malt. Actually quite nice. (3.5/5)

Taste/feel: Dreadful. Certainly one of the worst beers I've ever had. Thin like water, harsh carbonation that prickles the tongue so it drinks like a pop. Artificial sweetness sort of thing going on in the finish... it's like drinking dirty copper water. Aftertaste has the decent apple characteristic, but it's also loaded with that horrific artificial sweetener/copper flavor that really just ruins it all. (1.75/5 and 1/5)

Not a good beer. At all. Truthfully awful. I'd much sooner drink an adjunct lager than this atrocious home brew gone wrong. Round Barn, next time you're Indecisive? Don't brew the God damned beer. This beer is so bad, it tried drain pouring itself the moment I popped the cap.

1.5/5 overall simply because of the smell and the nanosecond of reasonable apple flavor.

01-26-2014 17:08:52 | More by Alextricity
AdamThomas

Kansas

2.5/5  rDev -19.6%

01-09-2014 18:43:02 | More by AdamThomas
Mavigo

4.25/5  rDev +36.7%
look: 4 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

Got this from the local grocery. Served in a chalice.

A: Holy smokes, do not pour this too fast! Pours a deep rich amber-ruby color with a huge caramel colored head that lasts a few minutes before dying down to a thing layer with bits of lacing.

S: Very interesting, hard to put my finger on it but it's quite good. Smells of wheat, barley, malts, yeast, has some woody essences to it. A bit smokey as well.

T: Very smooth and balanced, mellow as well. I guess I haven't had anything like this but it sits with me quite well. Tastes a bit different from other amber ales that I've had. Got wheat, barley, malts, interesting yeast strain, spices.

M: Medium bodied beer with medium amounts of carbonation, has a smoky, earthy feel to it.

O: Overall this was quite a pleasant surprise, I haven't had anything unique like this before, the name says all. I really enjoyed it though, I'd recommend it too. Buy local.

11-29-2013 00:47:18 | More by Mavigo