1. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Black Mamba - Microbrasserie Sainte-Hélène

Black Mamba
No picture uploaded.

Microbrasserie Sainte-Hélène visit their website

English Stout |  4.50% ABV

(Beer added by: bishopdc0 on 10-30-2012)
View: Beers (9) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 13 | Reviews: 2 | Show All Ratings:
thagr81us

South Carolina

3.63/5  rDev -7.9%

Had this one while out in New Orleans! Served from tap into a snifter. Poured a dark red brown with a two finger light tan head that subsided to a half finger slowly. Maintained phenomenal lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, citrus, citrus hop, roasted malt, and cream. The flavor was of sweet malt, citrus, cream, citrus hop, roasted malt, earth, and orange peel. It had a light feel on the palate with medium-high carbonation. Overall this was a pretty decent brew. If I’m honest here, this one really took me back upon first inspection of the nose. Based on the appearance of this one I never would have seen all the citrus notes coming at all. So much so if it would have been a blind tasting, I likely would have thought this was a pale ale until I picked up on the roastiness going on. A really well done incorporation of citrus hops in this one on the nose. The flavor fell a little short, but not by much. Really glad I got the chance to try this one as it was rather interesting.

01-04-2013 16:28:02 | More by thagr81us
bishopdc0

Maine

3.63/5  rDev -7.9%

Had at novare Res served in a 12 Oz tulip
The color is black with snug tan head. I would deceive it as sexy with it's wispy heady and threading infomercial.

The nose is dark chocolate with hints of melon and flowers.

The taste is very roasted dark chocolate earthy and

Dry very dry almost chalky mouth the same feel you get with real chocolate

10-30-2012 21:47:16 | More by bishopdc0