Microbrew Invitational

Style: English Stout

Added by bishopdc0 on 10-30-2012

Reviews: 2 | Ratings: 18
3.65/5  rDev -1.4%

Had this one while out in New Orleans! Served from tap into a snifter. Poured a dark red brown with a two finger light tan head that subsided to a half finger slowly. Maintained phenomenal lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, citrus, citrus hop, roasted malt, and cream. The flavor was of sweet malt, citrus, cream, citrus hop, roasted malt, earth, and orange peel. It had a light feel on the palate with medium-high carbonation. Overall this was a pretty decent brew. If I’m honest here, this one really took me back upon first inspection of the nose. Based on the appearance of this one I never would have seen all the citrus notes coming at all. So much so if it would have been a blind tasting, I likely would have thought this was a pale ale until I picked up on the roastiness going on. A really well done incorporation of citrus hops in this one on the nose. The flavor fell a little short, but not by much. Really glad I got the chance to try this one as it was rather interesting.

3.65/5  rDev -1.4%

Had at novare Res served in a 12 Oz tulip
The color is black with snug tan head. I would deceive it as sexy with it's wispy heady and threading infomercial.

The nose is dark chocolate with hints of melon and flowers.

The taste is very roasted dark chocolate earthy and

Dry very dry almost chalky mouth the same feel you get with real chocolate

Black Mamba from Microbrasserie Sainte-Hélène
- out of 100 based on 2 ratings.