Founders Breakfast Stout - Founders Brewing Company

Wants: 1,209
Founders Brewing Company visit their website

American Double / Imperial Stout |  8.30% ABV

Availability: Fall

Released on Sept. 1, 2010.

(Beer added by: marburg on 07-26-2003)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Founders Breakfast Stout Alström Bros

rphx88, Yesterday at 05:54 AM

Northisfrore, Sunday at 09:27 PM

StormKing92, Today at 02:15 AM

rizlazz, Oct 16, 2014

SamLynchburg, Oct 15, 2014

zwade01, Oct 15, 2014

My favorite beer hands down I can drink this every day just sipping on it as I relax

swaggtoater, Oct 14, 2014

curlyotter, Oct 13, 2014

This is the epitome of stout beer brewing that all other stout beer should try to achieve. The subtle smooth flavor make this a very enjoyable experience.

rhsmoke, Oct 12, 2014

What Auraan said exactly as described. First try of this beer thought omg this really is for breakfast what a great way to start the morning. High ABV it is not for seriously thinking you will get anything else done besides lift sip enjoy repeat. Flavor really opens the longer it sits and warms a bit. Been waiting months for it to come back into season.

Jgldillon, Oct 12, 2014

Willkelsey, Oct 16, 2014

Thought I would knock two big ones out for tonight. Poured the 2014 edition into a cognac snifter and off I go. It pours a small brown head and is inky black.

The smell is dominated by coffee. Its smells almost like a cold mocha or one of those iced coffees that the pour chocolate syrup in. If I smelled this without knowing what it was, I would assume that it was not a beer. It really smells rich and full without being overbearing. The smell is one of the best parts of this beer.

When I started to taste this beer, and it took a couple, I really can appreciate just what a job Founders has done with it. This blows much heavier stouts out of the water, and I feel that this should be drank as fresh as possible, because the coffee is just right. The predominant taste is chocoloate coffee with hints smoky dark roasted malts. It's warming, refreshing, and just excellent.

Founders is my favorite brewery for a reason, and honestly it held that title before I ever tasted this beer. I think they have gotten dark beers just right. Between this, their always excellent porter (a go-to), and KBS, I don't think any other brewery makes such excellent darker beers. These aren't the biggest and boldest of beers, but there excellent balance is precisely why I think they excel past any over-hyped IPA or stout.

TCJ0100, Oct 13, 2014

cawley333, Oct 07, 2014

joel_bou, Oct 16, 2014

Tastes like double crooked tree with a hint of coffee

Doc1182, Oct 06, 2014

parris43, Oct 01, 2014

Tgriswold, Oct 01, 2014

clausr, Oct 04, 2014

Pintsnob, Sep 27, 2014

I don't even like coffee, but I love this beer. This is the quintessential imperial stout, we'll until I try the KBS next spring.

Goes down so smooth, and is so drinkable for 8.3 ABV. Was fortunate to set a 4 pack at my local go to beer spot. Hopefully, there will be some more when I go back.

DaveHopSculp, Oct 08, 2014