Founders Breakfast Stout - Founders Brewing Company

Wants: 1,153
Founders Brewing Company visit their website

American Double / Imperial Stout |  8.30% ABV

Availability: Fall

Released on Sept. 1, 2010.

(Beer added by: marburg on 07-26-2003)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Founders Breakfast Stout Alström Bros
4.85/5  rDev +7.3%

Suprised to stumble across this one at the store. $12 a 4pk.

A- An aggressive pour into my snifter leaves a foamy, frothy head on top of an obsidian base of beer. Very nice pour, great head retention, lacing from the start. Head settles to a film a few minutes after pouring.

S- Deep, rich, bitter baking chocolate and a strong black coffee presence. Well, it is a "double chocolate coffee oatmeal stout", so that makes sense. Smells are intense... whoo!

T- Incredibly good. More chocolatey than I would have expected from the nose. Unlike Rouge's chocolate stout, which was more milky, this one is bitter, and I think I'm in love. The roasted coffee adds to this and what we have here is an incredible beer. Malts are incredibly smooth, perhaps the oatmeal? rounding out the bitterness from the coffee. At 60IBUs, I assume there's some serious hoppage going on, but don't really notice it. Incredible balance.

M- Fantastic. Thick, but not too heavy, glides across the tongue. Enough carbonation to keep things rolling at a leisurely pace. Wow. For all it's got going on, though, it is still a beer first. I just had a Peche Mortel and found it to be almost too much like coffee. This beer hits the bullseye. No sign of the ABV.

D- High. I've never had a beer so rich and powerful that went down so easily. I want more, and I will be getting more. @$4 a 12oz, not an everyday sipper, but I want to get 3-4 4pks and squirrel them away. Prob. one of the best Imp. Stouts I've ever had and worthy of all the hype. Wow!

ShogoKawada, Oct 21, 2009
4.53/5  rDev +0.2%

Darkest brown and thick with a dark fudge colored head of creamy foam with some big bubbles and fine sheets of lace on the glass. The charred coffee bitterness, dark chocolate and anise are full bore in the nose on this one. Flavors of dark chocolatey fudge and coffee dominate, the alcohol is well hidden. The oatmeal adds a creamy quality to the full bodied mouthfeel. This is one beer that lives up to it's hype, it's fantastic.

biggred1, Oct 21, 2009
4.63/5  rDev +2.4%

Poured from a 12 ounce bottle into a tulip pint glass. Pours a creamy single-finger head that retains nicely on a black-as-midnight ale. The aroma smells overwhelmingly of a dark coffee roast and thick malty goodness. I'm salivating already.

The taste does not disappoint. The flavor is dominated by coffee, but has rich undertones of malt, milk chocolate and oatmeal. The body is as heavy as it's appearance, chewy, and has just the right amount of carbonation. This is about as perfect as it gets.

I'm blown away by this beer; it is excessively rich and yet beautifully balanced. Now I wonder... could I replace my daily morning coffee with a glass of this instead?

Knecht, Oct 20, 2009
4.45/5  rDev -1.5%

Now THIS is a beer, a man's beer. It's what you grab in the morning that will get you through the day. It's the Wheaties for beer drinkers, already mixed with your coffee. That aside, is it just me, or does the weird lookin kid on the label give anyone else the creeps? He looks like a 45 year old baby spooning crack into his mouth... anyways, here's my review, hope you enjoy it.

Note, just popping the cap unlocked this huge aroma of coffee and chocolate making me salivate like one of Pavlov's dogs.

A: Pours with a luscious rich chocolate covered head that fades pretty quickly. Its super dark colored that barely lets any light through, and the few photons making it through have been so distorted they're forever stained with darkness and probably traveled through time somehow. It doesn't pour super thick, but is much thicker than most beers.

N: OOooohhh yeahhhh!!! It's like super coffee espresso mating with chocolate and popping out babies of light alcohol. The roasted malt on the nose is so rich I can feel it charring my nasal cavity. A huge dark chalky chocolate aroma dances as it mingles with the roasted malts and coffee. A light alcohol finds its way through the crazy malts, coffee, and chocolate, to tingle your nose a bit. I think I detect a slight oat as well, feeding back into that breakfast theme. If only I could pour buttloads of chocolate, coffee, alcohol, and essence of pour roastedness into my oatmeal in the morning.

T: A heavy stouty flavors starts the taste, but it quickly changes to roasted malts. Those things dominate the taste big time. Some bitter dark chocolate and earthy charred taste start to come through as well followed by some alcohol. Then some more oats, yes it is for breakfast. A slight sweet chocolate milk runs down the back of your mouth and is mostly masked by the crazy strong flavors up front. I get some coffee on the taste, but nothing like what I expected from the plethora that poured out on the nose.

M: Pretty thick, but still slightly watery, enough so that you can actually drink it instead of having to chew it. The alcohol tingles the mouth all over. Pretty light on the carbonation.

F: Finishes semi dry surprisingly, but still has some sweet undertones. The earthy charred roasted chocolate stout bitterness flavor <taking a breath> really stick around for a bit as the liquid coats the mouth. I can almost taste the black flavor and darkness that come from it. It's like the flavor of "black". I also get a slight oat taste long after its over.

Final thoughts: A very big heavy stout. Pretty thick on taste and mouth, but not so much you can't drink it. It has a nice alcohol taste, but not overbearing. Toooons of roasted malts, chocolate malts, dark roasted tasty goodness, oats, hay... wait not that, and the essence of pure darkness. A great drinking beer, and it gets much better with age as I have experienced before. I'll probably save most of the case I got, but drink one from time to time to help me through the cold winter coming.

jlindros, Oct 20, 2009
4.1/5  rDev -9.3%

Poured into a pint glass.

Jet black with a one inch tan, rocky head. Tight, thick lace.

Smells of dark malts; coffee, chocolate and a slight raisin/fig.

Tastes rich and full bodied dark malts, roasted DARK chocolate and coffee. THere is an ever slight lactose sweetness in the finish.

Deliscious and satisfying drinkability. Get some of this!

Cheers!

GordonQuid, Oct 19, 2009
4.05/5  rDev -10.4%

Poured from the tap at the brewery yesterday during my visit there into a clean, clear pint glass.

A Black, completely opaque body with medium brown head. Impressive. Be afraid, be very afraid. 4.5

S Dark, dark roast malt, some coffee and distant dark chocolate. 4.0

T Dark dark roast malt, coffee grounds, dark chocolate. No hops tasted by me. This is simply a classic beer that should be tasted by any beer advocate. 4.5

M Big, huge beer despite its reasonable ABV. 4.0

D Fair drinkability due to its sheer size, difficult to drink several of these in a session in my opinion. 3.0

adamette, Oct 19, 2009
4.08/5  rDev -9.7%

12 oz. bottle served in a snifter. Poured a deep brown/black with a finger of dark tan head. Big coffee aroma, also some hops. Full, rich mouthfeel. Coffee is not as pronounced in the flavor as the aroma. Plenty of chocolate malt flavor as well. Fair amount of hop bitterness. Long dry finish of coffee. Better to drink on the warm side. One of the better coffee stouts.

homebrewhawk, Oct 18, 2009
4.38/5  rDev -3.1%

A - Dark black body. Sticky tan head.

S - This one has a strong coffee nose with scents of chocolate and roasted malt.

T - Deep coffee and bitter chocolate on the palate. Has a thick, syrupy roasted taste. Certainly has that oatmeal-chocolate-coffee taste with the alcohol subtlely apparent.

M - Thick bodied and strong on the tongue. This beer is full of flavor and texture too. Tolerable carbonation and a big bold feel.

D - This beer is a bit on the heavier side and definately has tons of potent flavors. I cant see myself downing too many of these but a great experience nonetheless.

Notes - Try this beer if you're looking for big flavor. Complex coffee and chocolate notes with a hearty oatmeal foundation make this beer worth its weight. This beer is one I tried by chance and I'm glad i did.

BeerForMuscle, Oct 16, 2009
4.6/5  rDev +1.8%

12oz. brown bottle - bottled on 9/3/09 printed on the neck of the bottle. Vigorous pour into a snifter created a one finger tan head over a black body, dissipating head leaves a tan ring. Dark chocolate, fresh roasted coffee, and roasted malt sweetness on the nose, a slight astringency from either hops of the coffee. Deep, smooth, dark cocoa taste, bitter coffee both dominate, a hint of sweetness from the dark malts balances this out nicely, very, very tasty. Medium to full bodied, a little bit of slickness on the tongue, the alcohol is totally hidden. Fantastic beer, great for breakfast, dessert, right now!

GrittyMug345, Oct 16, 2009
4.1/5  rDev -9.3%

Oct 10, 2009
Bottle. I'm new to this style, so my rating might be scewed. Pours pure black. Tastes of roasted malts and hints of chocolate with a hint of the coffee. Very easy to drink, very smooth and no hint of the alc.%. It still didn't wow me though, but i'm a hop head going through an adjustment here to a new style.

WeedKing4, Oct 16, 2009
4.6/5  rDev +1.8%

Had this about 3 weeks ago at the Union Brewhouse in Weymouth but decided not to review it then, I had been waiting a long time to try it, I was a few beers in so I finally found it at Atlas Liquors in Quincy and decided to pick up a 4 pack. I'm liking it, I may have to pick up another 4 pack pretty soon.

Poured it into a Sam Adams perfect pint glass (after much debate as I do with many stouts). I've never seen a beer with this look before, incredibly impressive. It pours out completely jet black with a small dark brown head that is really more like a ring around the edges. When held up to the light there is still nothing but black the whole way around, it doesn't even get lighter on the edges, very impressive. There really isn't much lacing to it. The lace slides down the side back to the liquid, there are a couple of small patches that stay on the glass, but you can count them all on one hand. The smell is so complex but amazing. You can smell dark bittersweet chocolate, espresso and coffee. It's all pretty potent and even after all that you can smell hops. Yes, this is a well hopped brew which I found pretty intriguing. ***I had to let this beer warm up a bit, when it was cold it really compromises the taste and smell, I'd recommend only leaving it in the fridge for about a half and hour than drinking it, or maybe don't even put it in the fridge at all. When drinking it too cold it taste and smells a little more like a cheap coffee ingredient which I don't believe is the case.*** The taste was just as complex as the smell. You can taste the oatmeal, both bitter and sweet chocolate as well as espresso and coffee. All that is followed by some what tastes like dry hops which again goes after the bitter taste buds on the tongue. There also tastes like there area roasted and burned malts. The balance among all the flavors and tastes is quite incredible. The mouthfeel is obviously very full bodied, it's such a thick beer it's like drinking a thick hot chocolate when it's not so hot. This beer is incredibly drinkable, I could sip on it all day.

AndyAvalanche, Oct 15, 2009
4.97/5  rDev +10%

projectflam86 hooked this one up. thanks Kyle

A - thick brown head takes shape over a shimmering black-as-tar body. okay retention and leaves some nice sticky lace. kind of looks like a black americano after the head eventually settles.

S - holy shit! this is liquid dessert and for breakfast!? who could ask for more
Sweet chocolate(plenty of it), fresh brewed coffee and burnt malt. Hops present a real grainy and earthy quality. Caramel mocha and ever so slight amounts of black licorice scents also take my nose for a ride. this brew smells huge.

T - all aromas fomr though on the palate in spades. Heavy on the mocha and roasted/burnt malts. Slightly sweet, mostly bitter, like gourmet coffee. This is absolutely phenominal.

MF - full figured, well rounded w/ low carbonation and smooth as all hell. this beer oozes down. no, wait...glides down w/ a huge fullness and rich rolling silky mouthfeel. wow!

D - Not sure what impresses me more. obviously the flavor is exceptional, but the smell and feel are almost as satisfying.

bonsreeb85, Oct 15, 2009
4.55/5  rDev +0.7%

On-tap at the Brickskeller in Washington DC.

Pours black with a half-finger brown head. The head recedes into a thin layer on top leaving thick lacing.

Smells of coffee, dark chocolate, roasted malt, and citrus hops, in that order. As it warms the roasted malt aromas fade a bit, giving the impression that the coffee and dark chocolate aromas strengthen.

Tastes similar to how it smells. Strong coffee and roasted malt flavors up front are joined by large amounts of smooth dark chocolate midway through the sip. Near the end of the sip very light amounts of citrus enter into things before a solidly bitter ending.

Mouthfeel is great. A very viscous thickness with soft carbonation.

Drinkability is also great. I downed my glass entirely too quickly and could have a few more.

Overall the coffee flavors were slightly more apparent to me in the draft version than they were from the bottle. Either way, it's well worth a shot.

glid02, Oct 13, 2009
4.85/5  rDev +7.3%

At some point, I will have a taste-off of my favorite stouts, and this will certainly be among them.
None of my pours so far have yielded much of a head to speak of, but the thin one that does show up laced the glass fully. The color is dark as night, deliciously chocolate.
What an aroma! Coffee and dark chocolate. Mocha beer!
I could go on for days describing the fine nuances of the flavor of this beer. Coffee, of course. Dark roasted malt. Dark chocolate. I really don't notice the alcohol coming through, though there is a hint of something like what I get from a bourbon stout. But this one needs no help from anything like a barrel, it stands on its own.
Thick but not to the point of being chewy. And, as I mentioned before, the alcohol is hard to detect, so I could drink these for a while.
Awesome, awesome beer.

weasbri, Oct 12, 2009
4.72/5  rDev +4.4%

Poured into a standard pint glass
Deep, dark, almost purple in color,with a thick, tan, oatmeal-like head of foam
Aroma-Roasted coffee and chocolate
Taste-Big coffee flavor,coffee and cream, creamy chocolate-Very smooth, not much bitterness, thick and chewy-An excellent, delicious coffee stout. Get Some!!!

hosehead83, Oct 12, 2009
2.68/5  rDev -40.7%

A decent, if overrated, burnt coffee stout.

Presentation: 12 oz bottle. Old fashion design around the illustration of a boy eating from a bowl, mixed with the Founders branding. Five word description: double chocolate oatmeal stout. Does not show date of bottling, but displays IBUs (60), and Alc. (8.3%) Poured into a snifter.

A - Almost opaque pour leaving a thick black color with a nice creamy head that shows good retention and leaves fine lacing.

S - Burnt coffee aromas (Espresso gone wrong, like a morning coffee maker that has been too long on the fire). Roasted malt that escapes-adds to the burnt coffee feeling, faint chocolate under the dryness of some oats. Strong and characteristic but not particularly pleasing.

T - A tone richer than the smell, the maltiness is capable of holding part of the burnt coffee closer to calling some part of the flavors "roasted" instead, but without much success. Luckily the malts don't hinder the coffee blend entirely and in fact may rescue some of that spoiled coffee taste with a distinct richness that lingers on an acidic note. Chocolate is buried under the exploded coffee wall but there is a faint semi-sweet note that embraces whatever is left struggling of that ingredient.

M - Full bodied, with smooth carbonation.

D - Hmmm, it can be drunk, but I'm feeling more and more disappointed as I progress through the beer. Unless you are passionate about the way the flavor unfolds, and also like the smell that takes a persistent front seat this is not going to be too easy to be had.

Notes: This is probably not my thing. I fear that this and others might be to some notion of style due to a discrepancy in the appreciation of coffee. This is critically burnt coffee and some aspects of the stout do rescue it, and emphatically it is not the other way around i.e. this is not coffee enhancing the brew. Now, there are brews out there doing it much better than this one (without being mind blowing Southern Tier's Jahva does it nicely, or the even their Mokah when it comes to pushing chocolate and coffee.) I have had my share of bad coffee, and this brings too many memories of it after a lifetime of enjoying straight up espresso. Then I also think that, all things considered, this is a decent brew (I do think that Founders work is typically top notch) but it suffers from over hype. Chocolate is subdued, coffee comes as burnt, and a good stout malty base does wonders in trying to rescue the attempt, unfortunately that might be the actual highlight.

As an update, I had another bottle at much colder temperature and while most of the general characteristics remain the same the burnt character that was so present the first time is not that unbearable in the second try, it has better drinkability but does not earn much in terms of memorability...

Daniellobo, Oct 12, 2009
3.83/5  rDev -15.3%

Served almost ice cold. Poured an into a Tervis tumbler.

Pours like syrup. For me there was no foam. Pretty intense. Almost black.

Smelled like Dark coffee with some chocolate, and pretty intense alcohol smell.

Tastes of Coffee and Chocolate. A little bitter, pretty sweet. Almost like a desert beer.

Mouthfeel. Very balanced. All around good. No complaints.

Drinkability. Goes down too easy. Too easy to get drunk on this one.

righthereisay, Oct 11, 2009
4.53/5  rDev +0.2%

Holy crap!! This is a serious beer. This is for a snifter and is to be shared.

Poured into a pint glass (I know, snifter next ime). Head disappeared right away leaving on top of a dark chocolate syrup body.

Smell is not overly chocolate or coffee - more subtle than I expected.

First sip is smooth - but at over 8% ABV, the sips are better slow. Quick gulps burn the back of the throat.

A great sipping beer over a rich dessert. A definite keeper. I bought a 4 pack and will age one for a year and see how that goes.

tniless, Oct 11, 2009
4.85/5  rDev +7.3%

Founders Breakfast Stout is probably one of my favorite beers, so I decided it would be a good pick for my 100th review. Bottled 9/11/09

Poured into a shaped pint, this beer is black as a stout should be, with a dark tan head and lacing. It takes a while, but the head later becomes just a rim around the glass.

Being a "double chocolate coffee oatmeal stout", this beer has a lot going on. The nose has a complex mix of ale fruitiness behind a load of "dark" character. The first thing is the gooey, chocolaty character in the nose. Black, strong coffee shares equal strength in this beer, combining to make a coffee chocolate syrupy dessert mix. Very decadent. In this fresh of a bottle I'm also picking up some hops in the form of orange peel. I bet this would pair well with one of those chocolate orange candies.

The flavor of this beer is equally impressive, changing with the temperature. When cold, the black coffee bitterness comes through the most. And with 60 IBU's of hops, it feels like a pretty bitter stout. As it warms, the chocolate comes through, tasting like a bitter chocolate lava cake. The finish is all coffee and its bitterness. What really surprises me is that there is no heat from the alcohol, in spite of the 8.3% abv.

The mouthfeel of this beer just puts it over the top, if it wasn't already there. I've always loved oatmeal stouts, but this is the first I've had or know of that uses oatmeal is a big stout. The signature creamy mouthfeel from oats is successfully achieved, creating that gooey chocolate experience you would get from a fine chocolate dessert rather than some Herhsey's syrup. The finish is long lasting and bitter, with a medium thick coating lasting on the tongue.

Drinkability is outstanding on this beer. This doesn't have to be your typical sipper Imperial Stout. I can drink it out of a pint instead of stemware, and it's perfect on a cold morning tailgating a football game. This is also a unique Imperial Stout in that it tastes good cold and cool.

Notes from a 2008 bottle, aged one year: After a year in the bottle, the aroma is a lot more fruity. It has lost almost all of the coffee in the nose, softening it quite a bit, and bringing out more chocolate. I actually prefer the sharpness of a fresh bottle.

The flavor has become much more balanced, loosing a ton of bitterness from the coffee. Chocolate bar sweetness comes through much more, loosing some coffee flavor. In my opinion, this beer is good after a year but hasn't really improved. It became more fruity, and tasted more like a typical Imperial Stout. I don't think there's a reason to age this beer, and I don't have the willpower either.

jeffthecheff, Oct 11, 2009
4.93/5  rDev +9.1%

Poured an '08 bottle in my Chimay chalice. None of my local stores seem to have this years version.

A: Pours a deep blackish brown as a frothy light brown head forms. The head quickly disappears as only a few bubbles stick to the velvety looking surface. Appears very thick.

S: heaps of deep roasted coffee notes with a sturdy roasted barley backing it up. Hints of dark chocolate compliment the robust coffee in the nose.

T: Like the nose, heaps of coffee roll around the tongue. Coffee bitterness fades in to a dark chocolate sweetness. The flavor left on the tongue begs you to take your next sip. This is truly an amazing beer.

M: chewy and thick. The texture matches the bold flavor profile. Excellent balance all around. This is a hearty beer, perfect for breakfast as the name suggests.

D: Everything about this beer is delicious. From the moment the bottle is opened, its presence is known. It looks great in the glass and smells even better. Words don't do justice to the flavor of this beer as it marries three of my favorite things (stouts, coffee, and chocolate) so perfectly. This is a big beer at 8.3%, but you would never know it. There is always room for a 4 pk or two in my fridge!

homebrew311, Oct 11, 2009
4.4/5  rDev -2.7%

Poured from bottle to snifter.

Appearance - This beer is as dark as dark, even held up to light I cannot see a speck of light through it. Deep dark black with maybe a bit of brown on the edges, poured with 1/8th inch brown frothy head, receded quickly.

Smell - The oatmeal comes right through, very noticeable. After I can pick up coffee, chocolate and milk like qualities. Nothing in the nose of alcohol or hops. Smells very sweet and rich. A bit weaker in the nose than I remember or thought it would be.

Taste - This is a great beer, so rich and deep and silky smooth. The chocolate sweetness comes out right away with that coffee right there to greet it. The oatmeal ties in well on the end to give you that rich finish. A bit of bitterness on the end rounds this one out perfectly. Dark woods also tasted.

Mouthfeel - Exceptional, it is velvety smooth almost in the mouth, feels like milk and is just the right weight. This beer just gets it right.

Drinkablity - 8.3%? Couldn't have fooled me, this beer drinks like its 5% just perfect, I think I could knock down the entire 4 pack. Beers like this remind me why I love craft beer.

Love this beer a ton.

cvaypai, Oct 10, 2009
3.95/5  rDev -12.6%

I believe other beers have surpassed Founders Breakfast Stout in the coffee stout catagory. Still a good stout. Pours black with a small brown head that sadly goes away very quickly even with an aggressive pour. Just a few specks of spotty lacing is left on the glass. Has an aroma of roasted malt, coffee, and hints of chocolate. The malt really comes through in the flavor. If this was not marketed as a coffee infused beer, I would rate the flavor higher. The coffee and chocolate play in the background. Bitterness is moderate. Alcohol is not detected. Medium to full body with nice carbonation. Texture is a tad unremarkable. A good stout but I can't help but feel there are better examples of coffee stouts.

morimech, Oct 10, 2009
4.83/5  rDev +6.9%

A: The stout is black and murky, mysterious in its darkness. Nothing escapes through the glass. Atop the body of the ale is a mocha-colored head that laces extensively.

S: The nose is rich, full of bitter coffee and sweeter chocolate notes. The aroma is quite strong, showing off more coffee than roasted malts.

T: Coffee flavors abound upfront, rich and robust they set the tone for the ale. Of all the coffee stouts that I've had, this does to coffee aspect nicely. Most are quite strong on the coffee grounds angle. This one is softer, not as bitter as a few that I've had. The roasted grains nicely compliment the coffee, adding a dark toasted flavor to the body. The combined body is sweet with an excellent flavor. To top it all off, the alcohol, which is pretty high, is nicely hidden.

M: The swirling flavors keep the mouth happy from first sip to last, especially when the ale warms up a bit. This is an excellent pairing of stout and coffee.

D: I had several snifters, allowing each to warm, and loved every one of 'em. This is the kind of beer that, if it comes up on tap anywhere near you, is worth the trip.

Anthony1, Oct 09, 2009
4.68/5  rDev +3.5%

Let me preface this review by saying I am NOT a coffee drinker. I have tried a few other coffee beers and have not liked them. That is until now.

A- Poured from a 12oz pry-off bottle. Let it sit 10-15 minutes after taking it out of the fridge. Pours a dark black/brown. Totally opaque. No light coming through this bad-boy. I had it in a standard pint glass, and it initially created a 3 finger head, which slowly but surely deteriorated to a steady 1 finger head. Very beautiful beer.

S- Coffee. Freshly ground, sweet, bitter coffee. Hints of chocolate, but mostly coffee.

T- BAM! This beer may very well turn me into a coffee drinker. The taste explodes with a rush of coffee, followed closely by a dash of chocolate, and perhaps a hint of oatmeal, but its very subdued. Sweet, malty, so satisfying. As it warms up, the flavors reach a new level of kick-ass-ness.

M- Smooth. No other word for it. Coats the mouth with a wonderful sticky, somewhat bitter layer, leaving the lush taste of the coffee and chocolate lingering on your tongue.

D- Highly drinkable. The moderately high ABV is totally undetectable, and it finishes so smooth, you instantly want another.

Other- I was tentative to try this one, as a relatively new BA, and only entering the world of stouts in the past month, and as someone who has never had a great love of coffee or coffee beers, I was skeptical. I almost bought a single 12oz bottle, but I decided to trust the hype around this beer and grabbed a full 4-pack, and I am glad I did. I will be returning to Table & Vine shortly to buy a couple more 4-packs of this amazing beer.

mdale13, Oct 09, 2009
4.25/5  rDev -6%

A -- Dear. God. Is this stuff straight from Satan's colon? Blacker than a Minnesota Midnight. Even when held up to light, I can't see jack. Nice thick pour that dissipates into a nice foam.

S -- I get coffee, chocolate notes, and sex.

T -- A one - two punch of coffee and chocolate with a nice complement of what seems of spices and malt.

M -- Thick (but not too) and resinous. Just like a good stout should be.

D -- A great winter warmer when Irish Coffee isn't your thing, a great beer for a fall campout or just when you're out of milk for cereal...

CPeterson, Oct 09, 2009