Founders Breakfast Stout - Founders Brewing Company

Wants: 1,305
Founders Brewing Company visit their website

American Double / Imperial Stout |  8.30% ABV

Availability: Fall

Released on Sept. 1, 2010.

(Beer added by: marburg on 07-26-2003)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Founders Breakfast Stout Alström Bros
4.9/5  rDev +8.4%

Having reviewed this beer on tap from a growler I find that the bottle version is every bit as good. Chocolate, coffee, beautiful nose and a smooth magnificent taste. What's not to like? What a fantastic stout!!! Pours new black with a medium tan head. Great netting left on the glass. When I retire I am going to replace my morning coffee with this Breakfast Stout.

4.5/5  rDev -0.4%

4.75/5  rDev +5.1%

4.05/5  rDev -10.4%

Finally I get to try this fresh... Poured into Czech pilsener glass.

A- Black with a touch of dark maroon where the glass tapers inward. Has a cm of head that crawls out from a vigorous pour of the very viscous liquid. Not very stable, but very clingy head.

S- Smells like breakfast! Ha, but really it does have a mild roasted coffee aroma and strong oatmeal backing. Hints of chocolate throughout.

T/M- Hmmm, ok? Definitely not what I expected- I get a hefty dose of acetone on the finish at first (cools down as the beer warms though). The roast and earthy hop bitterness is there to a large degree. Damn this is a hoppy stout, but I like that about it. Just a splash of sweet caramel and dark chocolate adds a level of complexity. Nice medium body and moderate carbonation. Stays alive on the palate.

O- Good, not outstanding though. My only objection is the acetone aspect I got briefly. I will definitely find myself drinking this again and again, but it's not world class...

4.97/5  rDev +10%

One of the best beers I've ever tasted. It had a great coffee chocolate taste. Carbination was perfect. I couldn't put it down. I wanted to order another, but I was at a bar that had many fine micro brews, so I didnt. I'm looking forward to drinking one tomorrow.

Founders Breakfast Stout from Founders Brewing Company