Already subscribe? to manage your subscription.

Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout) - Founders Brewing Company

Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout)Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout)

Wants: 4,183
Founders Brewing Company visit their website

American Double / Imperial Stout |  11.20% ABV

Availability: Spring

Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 12-13-2004

Now labeled as "KBS."
Reviews: 2,776 | Hads: 10,594
4.69/5  rDev +3.1%

Pours black with thin brown head. Wetter than typical for imperial stouts.

Nose is vanilla, alcohol, roasted malt, wood, coffee.

Taste is sweet vanilla cream soda, a roasted chocolate malt blast,
bourbon, finishes with a hint of wood and warming alcohol.

Creamy, with an alcoholic aftertaste and warm bourbon burn.

You could have more than one but you probably don't have more than a few. (393 characters)

4.62/5  rDev +1.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Finally got around to this bad boy after having it sit in my fridge for a while - props to my friends up in Totowa. College and finals week will take the life out of anyone but now that that's over, I had a chance to open 'er up this afternoon and go through her. This may be the most hyped up beer that I've ever had, as it was nearly impossible to find here in Jersey. It wasn't 5's all across the board for me, but I'm glad I was able to try this out. It's not bad by any means!

Like "motor oil" pours? This is a good example of it and brings new meaning to the term "Irish Breakfast". Do you like vanilla, caramel, dark chocolate, and roasted coffee? This beer has all of those with a strong bourbon undertone. The alcohol packs a wallop here but you'll enjoy this so much that the bottle will be empty by the time you realize that this is a stout and not something to have at 8 in the morning. I can't say that this is like anything I've ever had before because quite frankly, there's nothing out there like this. Most stouts are too strong, too bitter, or too harsh to go down this easily. It's a bit more than a sipping beer but by no means is this something to chug down on. Like any good bourbon, this has to be savored!

Yes, it's strong but if you don't like that, there are plenty of other brews out there to try. Normally, I get repeated tastings of a beer to see if my first instinct was right but since this was in such short supply, I only got one bottle. No matter, while the aroma and pour were a bit understated, most everything about this was excellent. So good in fact, that this would fit in before, during, and after dinner. Kudos to founders for upping the ante on the versatility of beer and for brewing this; every brewery should have an offering on this level in their portfolio! (1,807 characters)

4.73/5  rDev +4%

After an aggressive pour, a dizzying aromatic displays unfurls from the glass that calls to mind one of life's great pleasures: standing in a bakery in the morning when the air is filled with freshly brewed coffee and hot pastries are coming out of the oven. The minimal head looks like a dollop of dark chocolate mousse while the body shimmers with the blackness of a Betty Page costume. The first taste is as shockingly rich as you can imagine. Vanilla beans dance on the tip of the tongue. Exquisite chocolate coats the palate followed by an intense impression of coffee and finishing with the smoky char imparted by the sweet bourbon barrel full of brown sugar and wood tannin. Just picture Ghiradelli fudge brownies by a campfire followed by a sip of your favorite single barrel bourbon. '09 seemed slightly hotter this year, but I am sure with time it will settle in to its world-class self. KBS is a fitting tribute to the Bluegrass! (940 characters)

4.52/5  rDev -0.7%

12 oz bottle that became mine through the amazing package sent to me by rhinos00. I have heard great things and I am very excited. Poured this every so slowly into my Terrapin Snifter.

A: Pours an ever so slow and thick, extra viscous deep black oil like liquid. Seriously, this looks thick and bit intimidating. The body is a pretty nice glossy black color. No light has a chance to get through this baby. Solid as a rock. About a quarter finger of dark brown head slowly bubbled up but didn't have much staying power. It fizzles out to a thin ring, but it still throws up some nice spotty lace. Swirled on the glass, the body leaves a very noticeable light yellow film on the glass. This beer has something going on.

S: I wish I could fully describe how beautiful this beer smells. I could smell it right when I popped the cap and its impressive. I want to make love to this beer now. Getting a very distinct coffee aroma that is nothing short of the aroma you get when you open up a bag of fresh, high quality, roasted coffee beans. Its rather impressive. Behind that is a really nice combo of some dark, slightly bitter chocolate and some rich vanilla aromas. The friggin oak is oh so nice on the back end. I mean, its damn near perfect and what I always want when I hear oak. Slight bourbon aroma finishes this baby off. Just fantastic and I don't know if it gets any better than this.

T: I wish this was as good as the aroma, but the flavor is damned close. Chocolate starts things off here. Getting some really rich and dark chocolate that is walking hand in hand with that amazing coffee presence. That coffee is so distinct and fine. Incredible really. Then comes that vanilla, not as rich as the nose but its lovely. Oak and that bourbon flavor are very light but still very much in the ball game. Finish is a really nice oatmeal heartiness and tastiness. Damn!!!!

M: The hits just keep on coming for sure. Full bodied brew. This is pretty much the poster child of a full bodied brew. Low carbonation lets this beer remain chewy and thick, which is very nice and appropriate. ABV is actually pretty light considering the size of this beer. With Bourbon in the title, I expect a bit more alcohol but screw it. Aftertaste is some chocolate and oatmeal. Nice.

D: This is a big beer but it is nicely drinkable. You proably don't want to drink too many because of its size and the fact that it is a bit sweet at times. Still, its a pretty damned smooth beer that has amazing qualities. The aroma is amazing, and the flavor is not far behind at all. My only gripe is that I can't get more of this at the store. Founders, bring this beer to a store near me. You buried it in the back of the net with this one and I am glad I chose this beer to celebrate tonight. Awesome beer that surpasses the hype. (2,811 characters)

4.62/5  rDev +1.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

2009 bottle pored into a tulip

A- pitch black dark brown head with a little bit of lacing around the glass

S- wow bitter coffee more then i have ever seen chocolate explosion and some boozy bourbon

T- same as the smell intense coffee real bitter dark chocolate bourbon is there but not so apparent needs a little vanilla in my opinion but still really delicious

M- super smooth no real booze at all perfect carbonation

D- great i wouldnt really have more then one of these but it goes down great

overall this beer is one the the best i have had really clean finish im really happy i got my hands on a few of these cant wait to see how these age (656 characters)

4.5/5  rDev -1.1%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 3.5

The pour on this particular brew amazed me. Motor oil black poured in to my glass with only a hint of brown showing where the beer was thin while being poured. To see a beer this dark was great. The head was a little hard to form but not bad and came out a very brown foamy head. that disapeard after a couple of mins. The flavor of this Double Stout was complex and not for me. The flavor of dark chocolated and roasted coffe were up front and strong. These two flavors blended and balanced extremely well, so well that I swore there was a new flavor every sip. Behind the major flavors I could swear to have a new taste with each sip. The mouth feel was perfect. The brew was smooth and nothing in the beer killed my taste buds. The drinkability for me has to be about average, as I owuld probably think twice on a secound and pass on a third. The flavors are very intense coffee and I just personally slowly enjoy these brews. This beer will always have a place in my fridge and tummy. (988 characters)

4.77/5  rDev +4.8%

dense black color with a minimal tan head and lacing. love the bottle label. dark dried fruit, chocolate, coffee, vanilla in the nose with just a hint of whisky. fortunately this does not smell boozy despite the barrel aging, no small feat given that and the abv. taste is lots of the above with big sweet dark malts mingling with not-overdone roastiness and just enough bitterness. again just a touch of the whisky character. big and lush mouthfeel and veeery smooth. looong complex finish is semi-sweet but manages not to be cloying. light creamy carbonation is perfect for this style. this was some amazing shit, what i liked the best was that it was not overly whiskyish or boozy. this was like having a decadent chocalatey dessert that managed not to be overly sweet. get you some. (786 characters)

4.71/5  rDev +3.5%

09 bottle:
Hours black into a tulip pint glass with a slightly thin, brown head. Great retention that fades to a patchy lace once halfway through. Smell is strong oak, vanilla, and slightly bitter dark chocolate (this was a surprise to me). Taste it extremely complex particularly for a stout. It begins with a slight hoppyness that is joined quickly by the bourbon. This lingers until the sweet vanilla shows up and a surprise appearance of chocolate. This all fades to a very nice coffee flavor that almost completely hides the alcohol. What is amazing to me (even more so than the complexity) is the crisp, clean after taste. I feel like most stouts that end on a coffee note have a lingering aftertaste. Not KBS- it's very clean and that makes it waaaay too drinkable! Lastly, the 'thicker side of medium' mouthfeel and carbonation level are matched perfectly to the taste. I love thick brews but the rich, creamy texture is what makes this brew exceptional to me- I love it! (979 characters)

4.72/5  rDev +3.7%

2009 version...11.2% ABV...70 IBUs

Jet black viscous pour into a Brooklyn snifter. Smallish mocha head with a good amount of bubbles that quickly dissipated.

Nostril tingling bourbon, black cherry, hot French roast Italian, and sultry vanilla bean aroma. Couldn't not stop smelling this brew. Complex and sexy.

Very bright and hoppy up front. Hard to tell the hop arrangement, with everything going on. But the hop flavor was very evident...floral and fruity. Maybe vanilla + hops early on? Somewhat creamy and delicious. This took a nice right turn into big bourbon flavor town with roasty coffee flavor riding shotgun. Sweet vanilla, warm bourbon, roasty finish...very satisfying.

This is the King of the bourbon coffee stouts. (733 characters)

4.48/5  rDev -1.5%

This is it. Review No.1000.

This beer pours a pitch black color, dark as night with a brown one-finger head into my fancy Piraat glass.

The aroma is rich and creamy with a strong whiff of bourbon from the barrels, chocolate and vanilla in the nose. A bit of roasted coffee peeks out as well.

The taste is nice and creamy upfront with a strong bourbon presence that increases as it warms up. A good hint of both chocolate and coffee are still there but the bourbon and alcohol seem to dominate.

The mouthfeel is full of warm bourbon and lingering bitter coffee and chocolate. Again, the bourbon dominates the palate.

This is a very good example of the style. However, I should have aged it for a while. Still quite drinkable while young and it doesn't take away from the potential that this beer has. The aroma is intact but the taste needs some age. (856 characters)

4.61/5  rDev +1.3%

Thanks to Gorby10826 for this one I got in a trade, poured into a tulip from a 12oz bottle.

A - Pours dark brown like molasses and chocolate. Small head takes a few seconds to form but recedes just as fast to a thin film of foam around the edge of the glass. Nice bits of lacing down the glass.

S - Dark chocolate dominates the nose, perhaps it's to cold, but I don't detect the bourbon smell from the aging process. I do get a good hint at some hops for balance, but mostly this is big on the malty, chocolatey nose. Other than that I get some real good toffee notes. This promises greatness.

T - Wow, amazing. Exactly what I smelled, HUGE chocolate taste, with some roast coffee and toffee. Slight hints at hops to balance. The bourbon comes through, but is not overbearing like the Bourbon County Stout. Amazing oak wood flavor as well.

M - Heavy body, medium to high carbonation. Very good alcohol warming and so very very creamy on the pallet. Leaves the mouth completely coated and helps the taste linger for a long time.

D - At 11.2% alcohol, this is remarkably drinkable. As with most great bottles, I would like to have this on Tap! (1,150 characters)

4.35/5  rDev -4.4%

This spent some time on the shelf before I cracked it open pouring motor oil darkness with a forced sheen of dark head barely covering the surface.
Nose was full of dark chocolate and coffee, maybe the slightest bit of vanilla and raisin in the background.
Taste was just the same with to me much more dark chocolate than coffee, full but not distracting alcohol from middle to end and certainly nice warming effect throughout the finish. Coffee is there as is some vanilla, raisin. Very smooth mouthfeel and the bourbon aging comes through nicely without taking away any of the other notes. Drinkability will always be low at >10% ABV but truly I could have had another if it weren't so bloody hard to find. I rarely give a 5 for taste but this is an exemplar for the style. (779 characters)

4.82/5  rDev +5.9%

Poured from a tap at Capones in Norristown at his bourbon event into a snifter glass. This is the 2009 version now known as just "KBS".

A: A deep dark thick black with no light filtering through. Full ring lacing that does last on the glass, minimal head on the pour though with a light brown color.

S: So complex. Coffee, chocolate, bourbon, dark fruits and a hint of alcohol.

T: Again, really complex. First flavors of dark coffee and espresso with the dark fruits. Second wave gives you the bourbon flavors and the barrel flavors of dark chocolate and vanilla coupled with some candy sweetness. Finish is a bit bitter with a nice alcohol warming. Just a great, great beer. It just all melds so well together. I will say I think the tap version is a bit smoother and even more so balanced with all the flavors working together.

M: Full and bold with a nice warming alcohol feel, smoother and creamier than the bottle.

D: Really? High, I had one snifter and I could have just gotten started. So drinkable for that high abv that it's insane.

Overall I think this beer is just a bit more drinkable on draft, as it was soooo good. This is a world class beer folks, don't ever pass it up if you get to try it. Wonderful, one you will remember. Founders does it again. (1,271 characters)

4.02/5  rDev -11.6%

09.

An oily liquid is dripping down, one in which can be seen the reflection of the dreary day from the picture window. The love of my life lies lifeless in the next room, and the inky blackness reflecting the gloomy, Londonish outdoors seems but fitting. So young. Too young. A quick flash of brown atop the liquid, then nothing but the reflection.
I take a sniff and the memories come flooding back... her love for thick espresso, her black, wispy hair, her deep eyes, she looked through me. Every morning. Espresso and bourbon. The log cabin, the smell of the wood, last night's fire, the smell before the rain, almost metallic, tannins...
Black chocolate, as she loved it. Black chocolate covered espresso beans. Chase each with another shot of whiskey, it lingers in the throat. I can't bear the thought of the next years. A time machine, I need a time machine. Another shot of espresso, another shot of bourbon. Give me peace. The dying trees in the garden, the black earth below the drooping, lifeless branches. The grey drops plunging earthward, and then shattering.
Thick. Oily, viscous, but so warm in the finish, so oily a clean, warm, dry finish. Earthy. Like her, tomorrow. It always comes back. I can't ignore it. The bourbon lingers in my throat, I will see her again. I will see...
She knew Him. Now He's all I have. Put down the drink, I must go back to battle. (1,380 characters)

4.08/5  rDev -10.3%

Updated review (now reflects KBS 2010)...

Appearance: Thick, black, and unusual (if not totally unique). KBS is viscous, opaque, and very low on carbonation. An aggressive pours yields only a half-finger of khaki head, which dwindles to a filmy cap throughout drinking. The body of the beer, though, looks heavy and thick enough to warrant high marks. This is a STOUT.

Smell: Coffee is predominant, followed by dark chocolate, burnt toast, and bourbon. I was told to expect a blast of bourbon and vanilla, but I don't find it here. In my view, this smells more like a "coffee stout" than a "bourbon-barrel stout." As a big bourbon fan, I hope I'm wrong...

Taste: Aw, man, I'm not wrong. Coffee and dark chocolate are foremost in this beer's flavor profile, with a hint of bourbon tagging along for the ride. I pick up a good amount of wet oak, but bourbon and vanilla are afterthoughts relative to that dominant coffee. Still, I don't hate coffee or chocolate, so the beer tastes good to me -- it's just not the bourbon bomb I was hoping for.

Mouthfeel: Not as thick and viscous as the mouthfeel would lead you to believe, but still pretty heavy in the mouth. Low on carbonation (which is fine for the style) and fairly sticky. I like it.

Drinkability: The coffee and dark chocolate flavors may not hide the alcohol entirely, but this year's (2010) edition of KBS does a fine job of distracting the drinker from the relatively high ABV. This is a strong beer, and you'll feel its effects after even a single 12-ounce bottle. It's good stuff, but you've got to exercise caution while drinking it.

I certainly wouldn't discourage anyone from trying KBS, but it's not the bourbon-aceous miracle I'd been led to expect. Give it a try, but don't expect a ton of bourbon character -- for that, look to Goose Island Bourbon County Stout or Founders Nemesis 2009. (1,862 characters)

2.38/5  rDev -47.7%

Appearance- dark brown to black, light tan head quicly fades away, very dark no light

Smell- very strong coffee and espresso, so strong and unique
smell, some roasted malts, but mostly pure coffee more then anything else

Taste- im a blown away how strong the taste of burbon whiskey is, infact way stronger then i had been hoping or expecting when i had put off to save trying this, not well balanced nearly enough as it should have been, literally not literally hint o f burbon taste like im drinking straight burbon, way to much alcohol to call it purely enjoyable, way overated and not enjoyable, unbalanced too burbony not enough beer,

Mouthfeel- semi sweet and syrupy but nothing impressive, the body is actually very light believe it or not in a way

Drinkability- tastes way to strong of liqour, i hope my other kbs tastes way better aged big freaking let down a terrible beer as of now that tastes too much burbon to be called beer, could never drink more then even one of these overerated beers, in my opinion had much better stouts (1,044 characters)

4.35/5  rDev -4.4%

Kentucky Breakfast Stout pours a midnight black into the glass with a small, creamy brown head on tap. The foam dissolves quickly to a thin ring around the surface of the beer. A few spots of lace cling to the side of the glass.

The robust aroma has strong notes of chocolate, oak, vanilla, coffee and alcohol. The aroma may best be described as a combination of bourbon and chocolate. Each sip of this full bodied beer is very smooth, silky and slightly chewy. The flavor is much like the aroma. Mainly bourbon and chocolate, but neither dominate. Nice notes of vanilla, oak, and coffee are also present. It finishes dry with an alcohol taste and mild burn. Once gone the chocolate and oak flavor lingers on the palate.

This is definitely an interesting and tasty beer. The flavor is much more balanced than the standard Founders Breakfast Stout, which to me seemed like a pint of cold coffee. The 10% alcohol is hidden pretty well and sneaks up on you before you finish off one bottle. Definitely give this beer a try if you can find it. (1,041 characters)

4.35/5  rDev -4.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 5 | overall: 3.5

Thanks to Beejay for this one.
Thick and black, just like the original. It's like pouring spent motor oil. Not much carbonation, but the beer does manage to keep a thin head layer throughout.
Bourbon's the first thing that jumps out in the smell, but it's not overpowering like some bourbon aged beers can be. It's there, but you also clearly get some roasted coffee and baker's chocolate, too.
The beer does a good job of keeping flavors cycling. At first you'll pick up the bourbon and vanilla from the wood, but then you'll get waves of black coffee, roasted grain, strong hot chocolate, and then everything comes full circle. The bourbon comes on a little strong in the front of your mouth, but you'll pick everything else up quickly. With some sips, it's barely there at all, which can be welcome to keep it from being too much.
Just like the normal breakfast stout, the texture on this is amazing. Silky smooth. The only beer that can do it any better than this is BORIS.
Goes down easy, but not quite as easy as the normal one. The bourbon brings a potency that makes this more of a sipper. The extra alcohol and whiskey flavors keep this in check a bit more.

I honestly prefer the original just because it's so drinkable, and is almost perfect as is. This is still an absolutely killer beer, but I lean in the direction of the normal BS.

EDIT: A second bottle was even better. Granted I gave this one a pretty stellar score, but my second bottle was on par with the normal Breakfast Stout. The bourbon had mellowed slightly and the flavors had layered more. I'm thinking that holding on to one of these for a long time might be REALLY amazing. (1,654 characters)

4.33/5  rDev -4.8%

GLASS: Snifter
TEMP: Approx 50 degrees
Had on-tap @ Founder's on 4-22-2009

Pours an opaque black color, which was expected. About a one-finger head of mocha colored foam sits on top. Retention is very good. Lacing is spotty and slightly sticky.

Big coffee notes dominate the nose. There is a nice presence of chocolates, both milk and dark. Nice roasted barley malts. The bourbon is fairly understated. It does bring a nice presence to the table. Nice vanilla notes and a certain butteriness. I guess I just expected it to be more pronounced, from all the hype surrounding this one.

Coffee still dominates in the taste, like the nose. Good chocolate taste, also. The bourbon is, thankfully, a little more present here than in the nose. Good floral vanilla quality. Nice, big, brown sugar notes. Hints of oak and toffees.
This one is actually quite well balanced. If GI BCS is too over-the-top for you, give this one a try. It's much more subtle.

Nice, upper-end of the scale, medium body. Almost makes it into full bodied. Nice smoothness with a low level of carbonation. Low enough that I think it would benefit from just a little more. Then it could be creamy and delicious.

Yes it is 10%ABV, and you get an indication of that when drinking it. But the flavors are so wonderful and it is so smooth that you tend to want to overlook that part and just drink another. (1,372 characters)

4.32/5  rDev -5.1%

So I was slightly disappointed in the bottled 09 KBS and heard that the on-tap version was immensely better. When I heard Party Town in Florence, KY was getting a keg and selling growlers, I had to give it a try. Review is from a pour into a snifter.

Appearance: Pours super dark brown with slightly oily-looking residue sitting atop the completely headless liquid. Little specks of cream-colored lacing attempt to cling to the glass, and slide away quickly.

Smell: Delicious aromas of bittersweet chocolate and dark coffee combine with slightest hints of vanilla, chewy malts, sweet oak and very subtle bourbon.

Taste/Mouthfeel: So much milder than the bottle pour! The feel is smooth as silk, with a slight sticky wetness that's heavy enough to hold the flavors on the tongue awhile. The taste is full of delicious bourbon that doesn't overpower the accompanying flavors of dry, charred oak, barely sweet bitter chocolate, dry roasted coffee and subtle bitter hops. Really nice balance that isn't overpowering in any way. Even the alcohol, while present, isn't overwhelming.

Drinkability: Moderate for the style. The warming sensation is really nice and the mouthfeel is very satisfying. I certainly wouldn't drink too many at once, but only because I know better.

I have to say that I'm so much more impressed by the draught version of this beer. The flavors were much more well-blended and balanced and the alcohol was better contained. In the bottle version I really felt like the bourbon came across in the nose and taste waaay too hot and seemed more like rubbing alcohol. I'm hoping the rest of the 4 pack I have aging comes out like this growler did. (1,667 characters)

4.58/5  rDev +0.7%

Well I think I picked up one of the last 4 packs in the Midwest not spoken for in 2009.

Pours pitch black with a very thin head. The smell is all Bourbon, distinct and alcoholic. The taste was very smooth. Complex, rich, earthy, strong bourbon finish. Wow. This is legit. A sipper to be sure. Alcohol heat is present but not dominant.

This is an excellent beer, def worth trying if you can get it. Not something I'd drink a lot of but it's a really nice beer. (462 characters)

4.5/5  rDev -1.1%

One hell of a big brew. Looks kinda flat then the head appears at the end of the pour. Nice rich Bourbon nose. Taste you have to experience. If you like Bourbon or whiskey in general you'll love it. Exceptional in every way. Loses a few points for drinkability because it's so damn dominating. A one at a time brew, but it's also priced that way too. A can't miss if you like world class stouts. (395 characters)

when we got this into the store me and the guys had to try it. the aroma is light coffee with a hint of chocolate. the body is thick and rich. the flavor is is full of coffee and chocolate with a nice lacing of bourbon in the finish. In my opinion it is worth every penny you pay (279 characters)

4.77/5  rDev +4.8%

Served on tap at TJs in a 10oz glass

Pours a coal black with a really small line of a tan head.

The nose has a strong roast, with a big bourbon back note. The malt is overpowered by the coffee at first, but appears at the end with what I perceive as a hint of vanilla

The bourbon pops out at first, but the coffee roast and malt comes through pretty quickly. The vanilla is there at the end, a sweet touch at the end of the sip.

The finish is powerful and the whole experience is warming and beautiful. A classic beer that is worthy of any quest to find it. (561 characters)

4.89/5  rDev +7.5%

12 oz. bottle split with friends into some tasting glasses.

Appearance: Not much head on the black-as-night brew, but of course a gorgeous opaque body. Swirled head's a mocha color with seemingly a bit of amber.

Smell: Huge bitter black coffee at first, and as it starts to warm the oak and wood notes come through, along with clean and beautiful vanilla aromas, and the sweeter bourbon aromas. Wonderful and heady and hugely complex.

Taste: What I love about this, in addition to the finish, which seems endless, is the transformation of flavors and complexity going on. Bitter black coffee at first, along with dark fruit, and then it slides into the honey and vanilla and wood flavors, with beautiful oak notes. There's no oak monster here. The barrel notes are complimentary and perfect overall, while the bourbon also doesn't dominate, but adds its own layers of flavor.

Mouthfeel: Big and chewy and creamy with near-perfect carbonation levels letting all the flavors do their thing.

Drinkability: Hell. Yes. What an amazing beer. All of us were blown away. It takes smart and talented people to craft such a beer, and thankfully Founders has done it. Glad I finally got a chance to try this. Worth going out of your way for. (1,240 characters)

Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout) from Founders Brewing Company