Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout) - Founders Brewing Company

Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout)Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout)

Wants: 3,512
Founders Brewing Company visit their website

American Double / Imperial Stout |  11.20% ABV

Availability: Spring

Now labeled as "KBS."

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 12-13-2004)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout) Alström Bros
4.35/5  rDev -5.8%

oh man, seeing that A+ average is daunting to start a review! i hope my tastes can manage such high standards! (only kidding)

im usually not crazy about reviewing the beers that i drink, i enjoy them much more when i simply take my time, and pay attention as i please. but after sipping this for over an hour (a couple bottles) i feel compelled to write something about it.

its 2009 vintage

a. super dark, barely a dark red tinge around the edge of the glass when held up to light. a rich dark brown head is agitated with the pour and raises between one and two fingers width. settles gently with a thin line of lace and maintains a partial head through the entire session. in general, it looks very very appealing as a stout, the heaviness though is slightly unappealing, in terms of the weight of the head and its inability to persist. it gets sucked into the dark depths of the brew. ominous.

s. smell is overall bourbony, but very intricately composed of sweet chocolatey and malty fringes. its not alcohol im smelling, its bourbon barrels. the chocolate vibe is more of an atmosphere surrounding the more pungent bourbon aroma.

t. i like the use of the bitterness here, it attacks bitterly at first. the bitterness opens the door so to speak for the bourbon to introduce itself midpalate. the end is very gentle, simple, fulfilling chocolate. lingering aftertaste is coffee grounds and faint reminiscence of the alcohol and barrel and toasted baked goods. really nice.

m. very smooth at first, silky. then the carbonation pops up and settles dry, but not too dry, but it leaves a heavy coating of KBS in its wake.

d. very very very very lots of "very"'s drinkable. its just overall so enjoyable and pleasant that there's no trouble at all taking down a couple bottles, as im doing. there's nothing difficult about it, its pleasant (instead of pungent, strong, intense...), and to me, that's the main appeal.

brendanbeer, Mar 14, 2011
4.35/5  rDev -5.8%

Had on-tap at KBS release party 2011. Served in a snifter.

A- Pitch black. Came to me with a thin tan head. Dissipates into a minute lacing forming a tight ring around the edge of the snifter. Did not notice any lacing on the glass.

S- Blown away by the strong bourbon overtones. Picked up some roasted malt goodness, but my nose was held hostage by the wonderful delicious bourbon smell. Quite amazing, but a little less bourbon would make it perfect.

T- Good stuff. Heavy bourbon flavor matches well with coffee and chocolate notes. I can now understand why my co-workers enjoy a little bourbon in their Monday coffee. Plenty of alcohol. Hops are present; overpowered in a correct way by a good mixture of bourbon meets chocolate coffee.

M- Thick full body with some carbonation. Nice lingering bitterness with a tad of sweetness.

D- I stayed at KBS for five drinks over a couple of hours and had two. Probably would have had more, but the abv convinced me to hold off. It is also rich and wasn't sure if my stomach could handle any more. Would gladly drink one every month.

betsona, Mar 13, 2011
4.9/5  rDev +6.1%

I have had the 09' the 10' and now the 11' vintage. This 11' has been Aged 1 year in Oak Bourbon barrels. This is the best I have had so far.

A: Pours pitch black with hardly any head. What little head that is there is very lacy dark brown.

N: Bourbon, coffee, dark chocolate. I wish it had a stronger nose to it.

T: Bourbon, espresso, dark chocolate, toffee, molasses, brown sugar, vanilla and oak.

M: Creamy, silky and warming.

D: Extremely smooth, delicious and balanced! Goes down a little too easy. This is the most drinkable 11.2% beer on the planet

Serving type: Tap at Founders

bjorumj, Mar 13, 2011
4.63/5  rDev +0.2%

My first KBS, 2011 release

Beautiful black pour with a espresso-esque colored 1 finger of head.

Smell is super coffee, not getting much oak and almost no bourbon.

Flavor is dominated by coffee. The oak and vanilla come through in the middle/end. I'm still not getting very much bourbon if any, had to re-read the bottle to make sure it wasn't just 'oak' aged.

Mouthfeel is much lighter than I expected. Having trouble scoring it b/c I think it should be thicker, but it works and makes the drinkability great. The drinkability is outstanding, I wanted more and more. By far the most drinkable stout I've had.

wchollif, Mar 12, 2011
4.53/5  rDev -1.9%

Bottle from 2010 Release

A - Jet black poor. Very little head and moderate carbonation.

S - Vanilla, bourbon, a bit of oak, coffee, wet coffee grounds, a bit of heat and that wonderful charred-barrel character that is so unique to Founders.

T - Smooth vanilla and roast, along with oak and char--all flavors of the nose are immediately present. Bourbon obviously present, although it does not overpower. Heat is especially pronounced in the finish, melding well with the vanilla and coffee. Getting more chocolate up front as the pour warms. Complexity is amazing. All flavors meld together perfectly.

M - Fantastic mouthfeel; one of the best imperial stouts out there in this respect. On the heavy side of medium, perhaps, but still drinks so smooth.

D - For an 11.2% beer, this beer goes down far too easy.

Overall - I am not a huge fan of this beer fresh, as I always find the coffee overpowering. However, with a year on it, this is just unearthly.

SummitVA, Mar 12, 2011
4.75/5  rDev +2.8%

Had the Kentucky Breakfast Stout on tap at Lord Hobo before Extreme Beer Fest.

KBS was brought to the table completely black in a tulip glass with a thin coffee-colored head. The smell at first was very lightly coffee at first, but as the beer warmed the stronger coffee and subtle vanilla flavors became more apparent.

Coffee is the dominant flavor but is very balanced against the background vanilla and oak. It felt very full but not particularly heavy. This KBS was easy to drink, and benefited from slow warming as I drank. If you are hesitant about coffee in your beer, beware, but if you appreciate the flavors, jump right in.

tr0n, Mar 11, 2011
3.78/5  rDev -18.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Appearance: Pitch black no opacity, beautiful chocolate brown colored head, 1/2 finger thick. No significant lacing. The head is really what makes this beer look so good.

Smell: Way too much of the bourbon up front. Besides that, plenty of vanilla.

Taste: Bourbon all day. It's not bad, I just wish it left room for the other flavors. Besides that I get vanilla primarily again from the barrels and "supporting" chocolate flavors. This beer also has a very significant alcohol presence. All in all, it's a pretty simple beer that rests most of it's flavor on the barrel aging. I wish there was more to the beer and less of the barrel to be honest. As per usual though, the bourbon barrels come through in the finish with a beautiful long and smoky finish that makes you think this beer is worth it after all.

Mouthfeel: The alcohol makes this too spice but otherwise a well built beer.

Drinkability: This isn't a bad beer by any stretch. Given the choice though I would reach for Ten Fidy over this every time. The beer just doesn't balance it's flavors well, it's too boozy and it's best attribute is the finish, rather than it's taste on the palate.

websherpa, Mar 10, 2011
4.93/5  rDev +6.7%

On tap at lord hobo for the week of extreme beer fest.

A- Motor oil black with a light brown head that quickly receded. Not the darkest beer ever but pretty damn close.

S- A big whiff of honey, vanilla, oak and bit of the stout flavors. I would say bourbon here, but there was absolutely no alcohol kick that I've come to expect with most bourbon (and bourbon stouts)

T- Chocolate and Coffee more on the coffee side of things, I get the breakfast aspects here. Some incredible roasted notes This then turns to bourbon flavors: honey, vanilla, and a big big amount of oak. The thing is though, all the flavors make sense and blend well. Most of the time I don't like bourbon beers because it doesn't feel like the flavors meld well. Here the flavors meld and then some. Delicious.

M/D-Thick silky mouth feel with a big body, not a ton of carbonation. Drinkability is where this beer shines. Halfway through my first glass, I stared in awe at how smooth the beer was. I could drink this all night, for 11.2, that's unheard of, especially for a bourbon beer.

Holy hell this is good, words can't do it justice. This coming from someone who isn't big on bourbon beers. I recommend doing horrible horrible things to get your hands on some. Drink one now and save some for your wedding/birth of your first child/other life milestones.

Someguy1989, Mar 10, 2011
3.45/5  rDev -25.3%

Late to the party on this one but happy to be here. And hey - the bros. haven't done a review yet either!

Poured into my new little "Dry Dock" taster glass I got in my first ever BIF trade.

Thought I did an aggressive pour but got zero head. Pitch black. When I swirl it, I get a mollasses syrupy coating on the glass and a teensy bit of cafe brown foam that dissipates very quickly.

Smells bourbony, coffee-ish. Maybe too much coffee for me. We'll see. Not getting much, if any vanilla or oak.

Too cold. Aaaand way too much coffee grounds taste for me. Guess that's why it's a breakfast stout. I get it now. Not going to drainpour but not lovin' it. Maybe it will sweeten as it warms up.

Nope. Sorry, not my style but I can see why some folks love it.

radioscooter, Mar 10, 2011
4.9/5  rDev +6.1%

Cracked open a 2010 in anticipation of the 2011 release coming up...

a: pours solid black...no transparency at all. Look like oil in a glass, though not ask heavy. Nice cappuccino color head about half an inch...stays around just long enough to get your mouth watering.

s: like I am inhaling chocolate. Each breath gets a new scent. First pull got heat from the bourbon...the next a strong whiff of cocoa. Caramel and wood definitely in the mix as well. I remember smelling more coffee when I had the 2010 back in March/April 2010. In 2011, the smell is surely chocolate.

t: oh my! I remember getting more of the heat from the bourbon in the aftertaste, though here it shines up front. It isn't as intrusive as I recall though. Lots of chocolate, vanilla and bourbon with hints of wood (oak? gotta be oak). I'm telling you, there used to be more coffee in this, but with age that chocolate is aggressive.

m: light carbonation, smooth...slick on the tongue. Slides right down, though it is hard to make yourself swallow as my taste-buds don't want to say goodbye just yet.

d: it's a sipper, that is for sure. while you wouldn't want to drink a bunch of these, that is only because it is a rich beer...to be honest with you, you'll only need a few with the high ABV. However, one is VERY drinkable...past that is just not needed.

Preismj, Mar 10, 2011
4.83/5  rDev +4.5%

Pours black with a thin mud of head

I can't think of a stout that smells better, extra roasted coffee chocolate, molasses and of course tons of bourbon

Taste: Lots of coffee chocolate and bourbon obviously, notes of vanilla, nuts, oak and alcohol, lots of flavors develop as it warms, pretty much greatness in glass finishes with somewhat astringent coffee and oak notes

Mouthfeel: thick oily coating, not the heaviest though, medium low carbonation seems right

Drinkability: Sip worthy, but I want to drink it like a milkshake because its so chocolatey

Imsothirsty, Mar 07, 2011
4.38/5  rDev -5.2%

2009 (I think...)

Totally black under a thin, bubbly brown head. Rich dark chocolate and sweetened, oily coffee bean aromas. Light char, a smooth oaky vanilla note, and a whiff of bourbon. Heavy sweet cocoa flavor. Fudgy coffee and bourbon, vanilla bean, sugary espresso. Heavy and silky smooth. Very rich, but damn tasty.

wedge, Mar 06, 2011
4.33/5  rDev -6.3%

12oz bottle into 25oz snifter. Bottled on 2/15/2010. Huge thanks to the BA who traded me this a year ago. Consumed 3/2/2011.

A: Pours a deep dark brown with a thin dark brown head that quickly bubbled away into a faint collar that left a few wisps of lacing down the glass.
S: I can only describe the smell in adjectives: bourbony, choclatey, spicy and woody. The barrel-like quality to the scent is outstanding. There is kind of a spicy oak texture to the nose with maybe a hint of vanilla.
T: Rich flavors of roasted coffee mixed with sweet malts, a hint of vanilla, and spicy woody bourbon. Chocolate comes through in the finish, and the aftertaste is creamy and warm with just a touch of caramel as well. Everything is so well integrated that, while the flavors are all very bold, no single aspect overshadows another.
M: Light frothy carbonation creates a medium body with a lighter than expected mouthfeel. This beer could be thicker, but it is a minor nuisance. Alcohol is warm but never hot or uncomfortable.
D: One of the best bourbon stouts I've tried. I was very impressed at how well the flavors worked together. Another great beer from a great brewery!

EDIT: Bottled 2/8/2010, consumed 3/12/2012.
Two year old bottle is incredible smooth - almost too smooth. All of the warming bourbon heat has vanished from the brew, and the boldness as seemed to have mellowed. An amazing beer, but I think I prefer it with a little bit more heat actually.

scottfrie, Mar 02, 2011
4.55/5  rDev -1.5%

Thanks to Skuter for having the beers for this, which was a vertical tasting of the 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, and 2010 Kentucky Breakfast Stout from Founders, even my wife who has liked less than 10% of the Barrel Aged beers I buy, LOVED this beer all around.

The vertical was hosted at my place, and was done blind as well. Each beer was bagged with a letter A-F, and everyone received a 2 oz pour from each bottle (there were 9 people at the tasting & two bottles of each beer). So everyone had a little over a total of 12oz. of this beer.

We had some plane walnuts, roasted unsalted almonds, dark chocolate, water, Swiss, gouda and Havarti cheeses to go with the beers while tasting ( and lunch afterwards with Irish stew and mash potato's)

Anyhow, on to the beer.

First, I've had this beer many times, and since this beer has so many reviews of how it taste, most of which are spot on, so instead I'm summarizing this into my initial impressions of each beer in the vertical directly from my notes.

2006 - Roasted malts, wood, vanilla

2007 - Oak, coffee, roasted malts

2008 - Heat, alcohol, light chocolate, low carbonation, stringent, medicinal, like dirty pennies.

2009 - Coffee, bitterness, vanilla, bourbon

2010 - Bourbon, vanilla, roasted malts, figs, dates.

Out of the group, I actually guessed three out of the five years right (2006, 2009 & 2010)
The favorites in the tasting were the 2007 and the 2010. (4 votes each as the best)
The 2006 was the thinnest, and the 2008 was the worst. (Could have been bad bottles, or just a bad vintage that year)

We also each had a blend of all five years, which was also incredibly smooth as well, and recommended if your able to.

Overall, this was a great vertical tasting with friends with a world class beer. There is a reason this beer has been in the top 10 of the top 100 on BA for a long time now.

Retsinis, Mar 02, 2011
3.1/5  rDev -32.9%

1/2 pint on tap, oily and shiny body with a wisp of head that recedes to a bubbly ring. A bit of lacing.

Whoa, right from the first sniff loads more bourbon than I remember from the bottled version. Roasted malt and coffee are no match. Come sippin' time, the bourbon once again drops the hammer. Coffee's actually pretty strong as well. Dark fruit and chocolate are overwhelmed by the bourbon/coffee 1-2 combo, and roasted malts are mostly an afterthought. Holy mackerel this is boozy. Kinda like Bourbon County Stout randalized through chocolate chips and espresso beans. An intense experience, but not something I'd seek out.

PDXHops, Mar 01, 2011
4.5/5  rDev -2.6%

Appearance: Wonderfully dark with only a little bit of head. Oh it's dam dark like an abyss of sinister darkness.

Aroma: Tons of sweet malty aroma very much like molasses with nice dark roasted malts on top. In the world of the hops those are roasted nicely dark and little bit burnt that's so great.

Taste: Molasses notes off the charts and tons of dark roasted malt and hops. Espresso notes with a little bit of vanilla in the back.

Notes: The first time I got to try this beer was a sample at the Extreme beer fest. Now it's from a twelve ounce bottle and dam it's amazing. Cheers.

horshack7, Feb 28, 2011
4.93/5  rDev +6.7%

A- Dark dark doo doo brown. small head and just enough of a lacing to tell you it's carbonated.

S- Amazing. I couldn't wait to drink this beer, once I smelt it. coffee, vanilla, raisins, and bourbon lingering in the background

T- There is a roasted coffee, vanilla, I want to say slight maple, the aftertaste lingers for quite some time, occasionally revealing hints of chocolate, port and quinine. Very complex, yet very well integrated. A classic bourbon stout.

M- Coats your throat. The aftertaste sticks around for a while and morphs as it goes. I'm waiting minutes between sips.

D- This beer is delicious and goes down surprisingly well for this style. I also like that it is not terribly sweet for this style. It IS on the sweet side, but not as cloying as some.

biggied, Feb 26, 2011
4.7/5  rDev +1.7%

2010 vintage on-tap during Flying Saucer Raleigh's 11th Anniversary. Served in a tulip glass a deep opaque black with a thin light tan head that diminishes to a ring and leaves slight lacing on the glass. The aroma a nice amount of oak, roasted malts and vanilla. The taste is loads of vanilla and oak in front of roasted malts, cocoa, Bourbon and mild licorice, wonderfully complex. The beer is medium bodied with mild carbonation, very easy drinking for its high abv. This is certainly a wonderful beer, one that lives up to the hype and ages even better!

atsprings, Feb 26, 2011
4.58/5  rDev -0.9%

Date: 25 February 2011
Glass: Sierra Nevada XXX snifter
Type: 12fl oz bottle
Vintage: 2009

Poured at 50 deg F and poured aggressively, 1-finger head, pours like black oil, head is caramel-colored, lacing is runny, carbonation is light.

Aroma is delightful and roasty. Aromas of bittersweet chocolate, iced coffee, black molasses and raisins, all wrapped up in a blanket of heavy dry oak. My gosh, further smelling brings out much more oak... this is a lovely oak beer. Bourbon is ever so light on the nose, but increases and pairs well with the chocolate as the beers descends the glass. Towards the end of the glass, aroma of chocolate-covered strawberries comes out, or at least that part of my brain is triggered.

And onto the taste! Taste is extremely chewy, with molasses, dark chocolate, raisins, sweet bourbon, and light-roasted coffee. Heavy molasses and chocolate linger between tastes, and bitterness is difficult to gauge when surrounded by such heavy flavors. Booze is completely hidden.

I don't want to write anymore. It is time to sit back and sip this with my eyes closed. Cheers!

ToAzwethinkweizm, Feb 26, 2011
4.33/5  rDev -6.3%

Vintage 2010 bottle poured into a chalice... fridge temp and warming before I indulge! First ever tasting of KBS.

A- Very mischievous and non-absorbent of light. Vintage has next to no head.

S- Strong alcohol, bourbon, smoke, wood, and bitter chocolate. Complex and rounded. Nearly medicinal alcoholic scent.

T- Slight bourbon and heavy roasted oak. Rich chocolate malts and dark roasting. Vanilla and sweet dark coffee are also present. A tad less sweet and we would have had a perfect 5.

M- Perfect in terms for an RIS. Had an appropriate lower level of carbonation that many RIS cannot compete against. Rich and thick on the palate. Very warming.

D- This one is a sipper, as to be expected for a world class RIS. The alcohol is not present in the taste as much as the scent, due largely in part to the fact that the flavors are so rich and well balanced.

I cannot wait for the 2011 release!

TheSupremeAJ, Feb 26, 2011
4.6/5  rDev -0.4%

Been waiting to try this a really long time. Got it in my first trade from trapper2408. Did a side by side comparison with a FBS.

Pours a dark, dark black pour with absolutely no light shining through. Head is not as thick as the regular FBS and it disappears rather quickly, leaving behind a rim of lace on the top of the glass.  Lacing looks consistent, but again, not as impressive as the non barrel aged version. The FBS head is also a lighter shade of mocha.

Initial stench is an overpowering whiff of bourbon, which leads into smells of vanilla and wood. I'm picking up some string coffee smells as well. Not as heavy on the chocolate as in the FBS, which is one of my favorite components of the FBS.

Initial flavor is again dominated by the bourbon, but it mellows into the palate very smoothly, more so then any other barrel aged stout I have ever had. The bourbon leads into vanilla, which leads into the coffee, which flows into the chocolate. There are some more bourbon overtone in the aftertaste, which also mix with a strong alcohol presence and some mild wood notes.

Drinking them both side by side has been a pretty cool experience for me. While I respect the bold flavors of the KBS, I am enjoying the drinkability of the FBS a little bit more. As far as bourbon barrel beers go, KBS is by far the smoothest and most impressive that I have ever had, and I am excited to sample the one other one I have in my cellar in a fee years. I am really glad that I got to try it, but I am not devastated that I don't get to drink it all the time.

***edit***

Okay so this was my initial reaction to the beer. I was drinking the KBS outta the fridge, and the FBS outta my cellar. I let it warn for about 20 minutes, but now that it is warmer, so much more flavors are coming out. There is some smoke present, and the warmth has brought out a really terrific roasted coffee and chocolate flavors that weren't as present was it was a little colder. The alcohol is a little more present, but that brings out some more of the strong bourbon barrel notes. Overall, a wonderful beer and I def recant my statement that FBS is better.

mjsheehan08, Feb 23, 2011
4.58/5  rDev -0.9%

Big upps to a great detroit BA "detroiter" for this one.

2010 Bottle served at 55 Degrees.

A: Poured reasonably firm into my Lucifer goblet. Looks pretty much like what you would expect, except that it looks so heavy during the pour -- like used motor oil! Not much in the way of head, but leaves some spotty lacing. Body is pitch black even when held up to a back light.

S: Chocolate is very present. Bourbon is there but much more second fiddle than I expected. Coffee of course plays a major part in the scent orchestra as well. Alcohol is present, but does not sing too loudly

T: I figured i'd like this beer a lot, but this is just.... WOW. This destroys any Bourbon barrel beer I've had by a large margin. It's just so balancedt, smooth, yet complex at the same time. Bourbon does not take over the whole flavor profile like the others, but works in tandem with the other flavors to create a masterpiece.

M: This hits my palate somewhere between thick and very thick. Its got a nice long dry aftertaste, much less sweet feeling than i expected.

D: Obviously not a session ale, but I'm gonna give it high marks here for an incredibly easy to drink %11 beer. In a blind taste test I would probably guess this to be around %6-7

This beer lives up to the hype!

uno99, Feb 21, 2011
4.28/5  rDev -7.4%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

2/15/10 bottling, so just a few days past one year old - drank from Unibroue tulip. The beer poured typical stout-y black, with two fingers of rootbeer foam colored head that clung tightly to the sides of the glass. It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

Bourbon smell dominated the nose. Behind that was a rich, chocolety malty smell along with oak and vanilla. There was some coffee, but it was pretty subtle. The taste closely matched the smell. Bourbon up front, followed by a rich roasted chocolate vanilla blast of goodness. The finish was slightly bitter. The alcohol, while noticeably present, was very well integrated into the overall flavor of the beer.

It was very rich, coating and creamy. Carbonation was close to spot on to my liking - not too much, not too little. This was a very superb and drinkable beer.

surlytheduff, Feb 21, 2011

Fresh. 2011.

A: Pours black and silky with a thin brown head that dissipates quickly. Decent lacing and light carbonation.

N: Bourbon, dark roast coffee, dark chocolate, vanilla and oak.

T: Starts with bourbon, oak, dark roast coffee and bitter dark chocolate. This is followed by vanilla, molasses, toffee, subtle dark fruit and some booze. Finishes bitter with some floral hops.

M: Medium bodied, silky, creamy, smooth and dry.

O: Still an exceptional beer fresh but I definitely prefer to put some age on it.

---

Aged 1 year. Vintage 2010.

A: Pours pitch black with hardly any head. What little head that is there is very lacy. Almost no carbonation.

N: Bourbon, coffee, dark chocolate, vanilla and caramel.

T: Bourbon, espresso, coffee grounds, dark chocolate, toffee, molasses, brown sugar, vanilla and oak.

M: Creamy, silky and warming.

D: Extremely smooth, delicious and balanced! Goes down a little too easy. Yes, it lives up to the hype.

justintcoons, Feb 20, 2011
4.88/5  rDev +5.6%

Review based on 2010 vintage.

A: Pours a nice rich black with only a thin head and the slightest lacing.

S: Smells of bourbon, coffee, a little chocolate, and more bourbon.

T: The taste follows the nose. Bourbon, coffee, chocolate, and more bourbon. There is also some vanilla and wood character to be found. Definitely, but I doubt such a bourbon foward beer could be done much better than this.

M: Feels smooth and soft. Not really thick, but definitely not too thin.

D: This is so drinkable because of how good the taste is. I could easily polish off a pack in a day, but I know the ABV would catch up. I also wouldn't want to drink up my supply.

I have had these ranging from fresh to 2 years old. While the beer evolved its character over time, every bottle was excellent.

BigTomZ, Feb 20, 2011