Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout) - Founders Brewing Company

Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout)Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout)

Wants: 3,290
Founders Brewing Company visit their website

American Double / Imperial Stout |  11.20% ABV

Availability: Spring

Now labeled as "KBS."

(Beer added by: BeerAdvocate on 12-13-2004)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Founders KBS (Kentucky Breakfast Stout) Alström Bros
4.6/5  rDev -0.6%

Black as oil and little carbonation but nice lacing. mm tan head.

Nose- Roasted malt aromas, dark chocolate undertones, a hint of nail polish/alcohol, lots of burnt coffee scents.

Taste- So many flavors, the bitter sweet chocolate, the tangy hops, citrus and dark fruits, coffee, roasted malt, bourbon. Amazing!

Graham21, May 03, 2007
4.03/5  rDev -13%

The first thing that hit me was the color of this pouring into my glass. It poured liked used motor oil on an engine way past it's due for a change.

The first smell was of coffe and a bit of burnt wood. Smelling again I got a nice smell of the wood/whiskey combo.

T: My first taste of the '07 really hit me. This is much better than the '06 I think. First flavors of smokey charred wood/whiskey and a great finish of coffee/chocolate.

Mouthfeel: It coats your mouth really well. It's got a good "stick" to everything in your mouth leaving some flavor on your pallet.

Drinkability: Me personally the drinkability is awesome one at a time. I didn't want another one right after the first one, but now I could go for another one.

I didn't think the '06 lived up to the hype, but the '07 is very good.

TheodorHerzl, May 01, 2007
4.72/5  rDev +1.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Executive Summary: So yes, it was all I had come to hope and pray for. This is an outstanding and highly drinkable stout.

Major props to Matt at Capone's for the opportunity to purchase this.

Appearance: Engine oil black - not even a glimmer of daylight. Coffee ice cream head starts thin and recedes to a ring around the glass. Lacing, is very, very nice.

Smell: Licorice, smoke, roasted malts, woodchips (barrel?), coffee and chocolate dance around the nose.

Taste: Woody and smoky for sure. What's quite interesting is that there's really no notion of alcohol in this at all. It's tremendously well hidden, allowing a lot of the beauty to shine. Roasted malts and coffee round out the palate.

Mouthfeel: Thinner than expected, but that only serves to enhance the drinkability (see below). Low carbonation - I like that in a stout. Slightly sticky.

Drinkability: Holy crow - I could drink this all night. It's got such a complex aroma and flavor profile. I just can't get bored drinking this. I could, however, get bored being broke from buying enough to make this a session brew, so I'll dial back from an otherwise perfect drinkability score.

kpantz, May 01, 2007
4.58/5  rDev -1.1%

12 oz. stubby bottle with a twist off cap. The label is just a plain and simple vintage looking label that looks like Founders ripped it off one of those old 19th century medicine bottles. You know the ones, they're the ones that claim they cure everything from a headache to a sprained toe and everything in between. This label even has that. They say that it "gives relief from rheumatism, toothache, lame back, lumbago, sprains, and swellings." There were a few more, but I didn't feel like writing them all out. Below the list is where Founders says "is good for everything a stout ought to be good for." We'll see about that! To the left of the main label is the Government warning and on the other side is where they keep barcode, refund prices, and web address. Founders dates their bottles with a small notch on the top or bottom of the label. Mine is notched on the top and toward the left. I know it means something, but I'm not too sure right now. Served in a small Great Lakes Christmas Ale Snifter.

Appearance: I don't think the word "black" is good enough to describe the color of this beer. If black could get any more blacker, then that would do the job on describing the color of this beer. Motor oil would be good, but only if the motor oil was mixed in with the blackest ink you could find. No light can penetrate the blackness of this beer. No joke, that's how black this beer is. The color was real nice, but the height of the head of foam wasn't so good. It had a quarter of an inch dark tan/mocha colored head of a foam that had OK retention that left behind a small tan film, mocha rings along the edge of the beer, and a small spatter of tan colored spots that acted as the lace. It could have a little better.

Smell: When I first twisted the cap off, this big whiff of dark roasted coffee beans and roasted malt came pouring out of the bottle and into my nose. When poured, the aroma was still strong and dark with roasted coffee beans, roasted bitter dark chocolate, dark roasted malts, dark fruits soaked in alcohol, a pinch of charred oak, a drop of bourbon, and a few roasted hop buds to send this aroma off into the taste. Hope you like the smell because you're going to taste all of those flavors.

Taste: The taste was almost exactly like the aroma, dark and heavy with tons of dark roasted flavors. If you like all those flavors you smelled, then you'll be excited to taste all of them here. That means you'll be able to taste the roasted coffee beans, roasted bitter dark chocolate, dark roasted malt, a drop of bourbon, dark fruits drench in alcohol, charred oak, and roasted hops. Like I said before, the taste was almost like the smell, except that in the taste the roasted hops are a tab bit stronger and the alcohol was a lot stronger. Damn that alcohol is strong! You can feel the alcohol burn the back of your throat all the way down to your stomach. It's that strong! If you can name a dark roasted flavor, it's in the smell and taste. Basically, the taste is just as dark as the color of the beer.

Mouthfeel: If you couldn't tell what the mouthfeel is like by reading all the strong dark flavors that are in this beer, then go drink a shot of bourbon. The amount of alcohol in that shot of bourbon has the same alcohol content this beer's mouthfeel has. That means this beer is extremely full bodied with an aftertaste of roasted malts, roasted dark chocolate, roasted coffee beans, and then tops it off with a huge helping of alcohol. If the alcohol could have been roasted, it would have been. This is the type of beer that you can feel go to work on your body. Take your time with it.

Drinkability: I just read on BA that "This stout is brewed with a hint of coffee and vanilla then aged in oak bourbon barrels for over a year." Hint of coffee? It would have been more accurate if they said it was brewed with 2 pounds of roasted coffee beans per bottle! Where was the vanilla? If it was there, it was completely covered up with the dark roasted flavors and alcohol. Not the cheapest and most available beer out there, but damn if it isn't hella good! I know it's strong, but I sure could go for another bottle. Not after this one, but in the near future. If you got the money, it's worth a try at least once.

AltBock, Apr 30, 2007
2.65/5  rDev -42.8%

Allow me to be the (presumably) first to say I didn't enjoy this at all. It tastes like burnt, old coffee with whiskey mixed in. I've had coffee stouts before, Schaffly's comes to mind, that I have enjoyed, and I love coffee by itself, so it's not that I just don't like the style. I made it through two bottles and opened a third just trying to enjoy it (because I paid 20 bucks for it, not because it is highly rated, I'm not that lame) and I gave up on the third one for a Budweiser I had in my fridge. Sorry if your a fanboy and I'm stepping on your toes, and you can flag this review all you want, and if they take it down I really dont care, but the truth is the truth and the truth must be known. I hope I can save others from wasting 20 bucks on this stuff.

Most DEFINATELY doesn't deserve to be the third highest rated on BA.com. And only 200 reviews are putting it up there with those legendary beers. They really need to weight the number of reviews before compiling lists like that.

BTW, if any of you Founder's fanboys live in the Peoria IL area and want the last one, email me. It's yours for free.

Oh, here's the mandatory stuff --

Served from a bottle.

Poured motor oil black, barely any head, the appearance was kind of a turnoff.

Smelled mostly of coffee.

Tasted like old, stale coffee with whiskey mixed in, and alcohol was prevalant. Taste was very disappointing.

liquidnoise, Apr 27, 2007
4.55/5  rDev -1.7%

Pours black with a thin brownish head. The smell as almost all coffee with a little bourbon. The mouthfeel is moderately carbonated and is quite dry. The taste is equally balanced between bourbon and coffee. The bitterness doesn't really kick in until the aftertaste, but it quite strong. Overall this is a great American Double Stout. I've been looking out for this one for a long time and have not been disappointed.

DrainBamage, Apr 27, 2007
4.9/5  rDev +5.8%

Oh, my. What a fabulous beer. Small sample pour among friends from a single bottle. Pours a thick, jet-black. Not much in the way of head, but not missing it either. Aroma is amazing... full of aromatic medium-roast coffee, mocha-vanilla and some bourbon-oak. Flavor equally stunning... chocolate, aromatic coffee tending toward dryish/bitter coffee, the sweetish "creamy" notes of the vanilla and oak and bourbon like a good "irish coffee" perhaps? Feels big and thick, making this a real nice slow sipper of a beer. At $8/12oz this is heresy, but I totally want to do something with this to serve in a dessert dish, perhaps it turns into a "foam" to top a creme brulee? or a sauce to moisten a bit of chocolate cake w/ fruit as another guest suggested? I don't know, something. I am having one of those "god, I gotta use this" foodie reactions that don't happen all that often, showing my excitement. This was absolute stout heaven.

jsbrendle, Apr 25, 2007
4.95/5  rDev +6.9%

Good God I am flipping out with excitement over my new favorite beer. I love it! Capone’s rules for carrying it and mac300 is absolutely the man. Thanks for hookin me up with this beer. Bill was willing to accept Brooklyn Black Chocolate Stout in exchange and I God did I make out. This beer is the most coffee infused beer I could imagine. Péché Mortel, Speedway and Kentucky Breakfast are in a league of there own. This one is so smooth and easy drinking, I don't even know what to say.

Appearance: Pours a elegant pitch, coal black. A thick creamy chocolaty head has good retention and finally leaves behind a heavily laced glass.

Smell: Coffee. It is a chocolate mocha vanilla coffee aroma from the start. A nice touch of earthy barrel aging woody and smoky notes with a suggestion towards boozy bourbon attributes.

Taste: Magnificent. It is rich is flavor and in body from the start. Dark roasted malts and grains and a healthy dose of blackened coffee bean, with a smoky charcoal undertone and a vanilla chocolaty milky center with just the right balance of warming bourbon and alcohol flavors but yet remains incredibly approachable and drinkable. Again I say: Magnificent!

Mouthfeel: Viscous. Thick and chewy mouthfeel. The flavors overrun the feel with a long lasting woody bourbon coffee flavor embedded deep into the cheeks. [after tasting this beer side by side with Dark Lord RIS I determined the one thing DL has on KBS is a slightly more perfect slippery rich mouthfeel that I'd like to see a bit more of in this beer. Still, It is damn near *perfect*!

Drinkability: This is a sipping beer but it is so freaking good that I could go at it day and night for as long as I can stand.

Hope this is helpful.
Cheers!

Phatz, Apr 25, 2007
4.25/5  rDev -8.2%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.5

Stubby brown bottle with a cool Kentucky-style label; this is review #100 for me, so I thought I'd make it a good one.

Pours like crude oil, black and viscous with a slight garnet hue; the head is probably the darkest one I've ever seen, a thin deep brown with slight lacing.

The nose is bourbon, oak, and loads of coffee. Some super-dark malt character. No alcohol aroma, although everything else about this beer suggests that it'll be there.

Opens up with a split second of chocolatey malty sweetness, followed by a rush of black malt astringency, coffee, and bourbon flavor that hangs on past the finish. Dryness and coffee flavor lasts forever.

The mouthfeel is heavy and slick, and suits the rest of the beer pretty well.

Drinkability isn't even a consideration here, because it's basically nonexistent. This is a barrel-aged 10% double stout, and pretty much demands sipping.

This is one beer that legitimately lives up to its inflated reputation. Next year, with luck, I'll try one with breakfast.

kajerm, Apr 24, 2007
4.33/5  rDev -6.5%

Pours inky black with a smallish dark brown head that dissipates quickly. Aroma is coffee, chocolate, and alcohol. Taste is dominated by the coffee, but the bourbon/oak flavor gives it a very nice nuance. Chocolates and vanilla also lurk in the background. I am not a coffee person, but this was pretty good. Mouthfeel was creamy and exceptional. I was surprised to be able to drink the whole thing since I am not a fan of coffee at all, but this was a pleasant change of pace for me. Very nice.

Duster72, Apr 23, 2007
4.78/5  rDev +3.2%

Got this one in as a bonus beer in a trade w/ mcallister. And what a bonus it was. This was the best dessert I have had in months. It was like a whisky filled dark chocolate.

The beer was jet black with tiny bubbles that formed a beautiful, tight, dark brown head that fell in average time. This was suprising. I thought the head would hang out like a guinness. But no biggie. The aroma was prominently bourbon and coffee with some vanilla and chocolate. The mouthfeel was velvety, full and so nice I did not want to swallow for quite some time. The low CO2 level was very appropriate for this beer. The taste was very simlar to the aroma and is very flavorful with a long, pleasant aftertaste. I found it quite drinkable and a great dessert after some very spicy thai take out. Pairing this with most things would be futile but it would make vanilla ice cream much more interesting.

Nice work Founders. Keep it up.

beersabound, Apr 22, 2007
4.8/5  rDev +3.7%

Poured this 12 oz. brown bottle into a Samuel Smith tulip glass. No date. The body was a viscous, used, black, motor oil (cliched but true). The tiny brown head faded quickly.

Smell was mild chocolate and woodiness. It reminds me of a fudgesicle --rich chocolate and a wooden stick. Cocoa powder-like. Understated bourbon.

Taste was bittersweet cocoa. Light hops. Drip coffee. Sweet without being cloying. Nice dark chocolate lingering bitter aftertaste. Very well concealed alcohol. All of the elements of this beer work wonderfully together, no one component overpowers the intermingling of the malts, hops, & bourbon. I believe that is one of the reasons this beer is so revered.

Mouthfeel was full with some hops zippiness. This was an easy drinking formidible stout.

Cresant, Apr 21, 2007
4.47/5  rDev -3.5%

Fresh ’07 bottle courtesy of hoppymeal - thanks Derek! Pours a deep, dark brown - almost black and a little oily. A light brown head foams up about a half-inch, but diminishes quickly. Some of it clings to the glass and provides a nice lacing effect, though - something I find in most Founder’s beers. Similar to the regular breakfast stout in aroma with big chocolate malts and dark roasted coffee at the forefront with a faint smokieness of wood and bourbon in the background. Huge coffee flavor still dominates, but is smoothed out and creamier with hints of vanilla. Extremely balanced, smooth and slightly chewy on the palate with just moderate amounts of carbonation. The bourbon really makes more of a presence as the beer warms, but it still maintains its incredible balance and smoothness. Very, very drinkable and some of the coffee bitterness has mellowed. I really like what the wood did for this one. Definitely a beer that lives up to its reputation. I’m glad I have more and some in the cellar from last year’s batch.

alohaC, Apr 20, 2007

Purchased at Capone's in Norristown. Pours a deep black with a little foam. Huge smell of coffee and chocolate. Taste is amazing: chocolate and coffee dominate with a hint of the bourbon aging plus vanilla. Mouthfeel is extremely smooth. I can't taste the ABV of 10% at all. This is truly an exceptional beer. My first beer rated as "5's" across the board. I am glad that I have a few more sitting in the stash.

Cheers.

SkinnyElvis, Apr 20, 2007
4.5/5  rDev -2.8%

Pours pitch black with a motor oil thickness. No head to speak of.

Aroma is smokey dark grain and generous coffee. Subdued bourbon notes.

Taste is hearty and complex. Strong espresso coffee flavoring up front with a nice touch of chocolate. Finish is dry and brings vanilla and bourbon with hints of dark fruit.

Mouthfeel is medium-full. Very smooth.

A very nice stout. I'm surprised at the smooth blending of flavor. Very tasty. Although there certainly is alcohol, it is well hidden for an enjoyable stout experience.

Blakaeris, Apr 16, 2007
4.45/5  rDev -3.9%

Arooo!

A: Into the oversized Riedel snifter it goes. Pours thick like motor oil, almost as black too. Not a lot of carbonation going on…a head conjured quickly but fell just as quick leaving a slick across the top remaining.

S: Fully roasted and choc full of nuts. Copius amounts of freshly ground espresso, bitter bakers chocolate and some oily licorice dominate the nose. In the highs the bourbon can be found, especially as it warms.

T: Begins with strong brewed coffee, totally charred. Chocolate mousse like flavors accompany the coffee and create a quite decadent moment. The more I drink it, the more pronounced and exhilarating the vanilla becomes. Totally creamy, shares a lot of traits with a chocolate milkshake thanks to abundant lactose. They don’t try to hide the alcohol here, its present and accounted for. Only faint bourbon tastes, picking up most of the vanilla and not a lot of the astringent off flavors bourbon barrels can give.

M: Full body, creamy and rich. Perfect.

D: First sip I wasn’t impressed at all. This is one of those beers that definitely grows on you. In all honesty, I could certainly use some more bourbon character…I think it would have balanced well with the rest of the flavors. It’s a great stout but I don’t think it’s the best.

Westsidethreat, Apr 15, 2007
4.88/5  rDev +5.4%

12 oz bottle, pours a deep viscous black that flows over the side of the glass and seems to sink into the rest of the beer that is awaiting the rest of the pour. 1/4 inch of tannish head that very slowly fades to leave a spotty covering.
Pleasant sweetened coffee fill my first whiff. After I poured this beer into my glass I could smell it immediately, my girlfriend who was sitting a few feet away also commented on how she could smell this beer upon its pour. There is a lot of chocolate/cocoa throughout the aroma in this beer. The chocolate/cocoa seems to almost blend into a smell that I recognize to be similar to a toasted almond ice cream bar that leads into the vanilla and subtle tinge of warm bourbon.
Wow, what and incredibly smooth beer, rich deep medium roast coffee with a shot of heavy cream and bourbon. Vanilla and toasted almond crumble drizzled with a rich melted chocolate. After each sip my mouth is filled with the remnants of the coffee, cream, oatmeal sprinkled with brown sugar and every breath is filled with the wonderfully potent characteristics of this beer.
The mouthfeel is full, creamy, and silky and just really lends its incredible texture to another level of enjoyability.
The fact that this beer is so damned tasty is enough to test any beer lovers ability to not drink every bottle you may have immediately. It lives up to the hype IMO and surpassed my expectations. This is what brewing exciting beers is about.

Matthew, Apr 13, 2007
4.68/5  rDev +1.1%

This is a very difficult beer to find in Chicago. Many thanks to a buddy of mine for his generosity in providing a bottle of this most excellent brew.

Poured a thick, blackish-brown, but appeared on the syrupy side. Head development was fairly minimal, maybe 1/8 of an inch, but this exhibited a very nice, deep brown color. Smell is malty with a good presence of roasted malt and coffee aromas. Definitely some volatile characteristics owing to the bourbon aging and high abv. Taste is simply exceptional yet complex. Bitter, semi-sweet chocolate and coffee flavors. Hint of vanilla and alcohol. Very good and nicely balanced. While very thick and syrupy, this beer goes down quite smooth. I had to pace myself so that I could savor it fully. Overall, one of the best stouts that I've ever tried and highly recommended.

hammer09, Apr 12, 2007
4.63/5  rDev 0%

Perfect pour. Deep, dark souless blackness with no hint of ruby and gigantic brown head.

Its chocolately nodes can be smelled feet away, but the coffee and bourbon don't hit you until you hold the glass up to your nose. All I can say is that it's smooth as candy. Where BCS burns like the sun, KBS lets the chocolate and whiskey odors dance gently around one another.

Tastes great. Nearly overpowering--stronger even than Bourbon County. Sweet, milky coffee starts things off along with a distinct alcohol burn, like breathing in light, pleasant gas fumes on a nice summer day. This moves into a roasted grain and whiskey middle with the strong overtones of rich milk chocolate staying throughout. The whiskey dies as the chocolate grows stronger, leaving a light, sour grain taste in its wake.

This is a world class beer. Not quite the bittersweet candydance of the regular Breakfast stout (and therefore less suited to a morning meal), but still immensely powerful, complex, smooth, and drinkable.

mynie, Apr 11, 2007
4.88/5  rDev +5.4%

12 oz bottle poured into a Corsendonk chalice.

A: Pitch black with a small (~1/4 in.) dark brown head, which dissipates quickly with minimal lacing.

S: Huge burst of almost burnt coffee, like a fresh ristretto espresson shot, slightly smoky, hints of vanilla and cocoa.

T: Surprisingly little coffee up front, more molasses, chocolate, and vanilla/oak/bourbon, with the coffee and vanilla becoming more prominent as it traverses the palate. An intriguing little dash of hop bitterness hits the tip of my tongue just as I swallow and fades instantly, leaving the coffee, vanilla, and cocoa to duke it out for dominance on the finish.

M: Heavy, viscous, nearly oily, coats the mouth and lingers.

D: Virtually zero alcohol heat despite it's abv, but perhaps just a tad too much coffee - I could easily have too many of these without realizing it if I didn't know better.

BenSammis, Apr 10, 2007

Poured from a 12oz glasss into a 20oz imperial pint.

A: Pours with the viscosity of old nasty motor oil. Pitch black. A vigorous pour reveals a bubbly and creamy, dark mocha colored, two finger head.

S: Incredible aromas of coffee, bourbon, vanilla, and dark chocolate.

T: See everything above and add to that molassas, cherry, oak, brown sugar, and hops. The finish is an an exercise in flavor balance. One second it's all coffee, then it's all bourbon, then it's bitter dark chocolate, then it's tart cherries, then...

M: Silky smooth and completely satisfying! Creamy and full and thick and rich. Amazing.

D: Drinkability if off the charts. Sure it's packing 10% but with the myriad of things going on in this beer, you soon forget all about the abv and just sip and savor this unbelievable treat. Imagine taking everything that's noteworthy about Breakfast Stout and Founders Imperial Stout, tweak the recipe slightly, and adding the extreme goodness of bourbon barrel ageing. This is what you end up with...perfection!

GbVDave, Apr 07, 2007
4.33/5  rDev -6.5%

V.07
I was one of the first to taste when it initially arrived in Cleveland, and wasn't impressed with this years batch to buy more than one bottle, which is now the one I'm reviewing. Now, I'm wishing I purchased a couple more when I had the chance.
But, not that I believe that this years model is stellar stuff. More for the cellaring aspect. I have a 2006 that I would like to vertical.
Dark pour, with thin rimmed head.
Pleasant coffee aroma, rich and complex in the nose. You will want to taste it.
Taste is an indulgence of more rich coffee & dark chocolate.
Clean, creamy, and well balanced. No harsh bourbon/alcohol characteristics to speak of.
Now, I must confess, this is a very good beer. Highly anticipated. A very well crated beer. Yet, the $20/4 isn't justified, in my opinion.
I have found solice in say, Bell's Expedition or Brooklyn BCS (the latter being highly reasonable and just as satisfying in complexity) so go out and judge for yourself.

scott, Apr 06, 2007
4.68/5  rDev +1.1%

Poured from a 12 oz. bottle into one of the new Sam Adams "Super Glasses".
The look is of the deepest darkest brown mysterious liquid you can imagine with about a 1/32 inch tan head. Belgian lace was left all around the glass.

The smell was wow! Deep, strong coffee aroma with a ton of roastiness.
The taste was amazing too - full of flavor. Coffee and roasted grain. The alcohol is masked by all the other flavors. It's hard to tell that this is a 10% beer.

The mouthfeel is very full and thick with a smooth finish.

This beer is amazingly easy to drink. An exceptional beer!

westweasel, Apr 05, 2007
4.88/5  rDev +5.4%

Let me start off by saying, "Holy Hell" this is one amazing beer! Pours a dark, viscous, dark brown color with minimal head. Smell is of roasted stout with the perfect amount of bourbon aging. I’ve had a lot of bourbon aged beers and this is the only one that has hit the blend perfectly. Taste is incredible. A very good underlying stout that features very good coffee/cocoa flavoring, again with the perfect blend of bourbon aging. It’s nice to finally experience a beer that is more than worthy of the hype.

FtownThrowDown, Apr 03, 2007
4.83/5  rDev +4.3%

I'm not much for milestones per se, but I have to mention that this coveted brew is my 900th beer review on this site and its my celebratory pick to drink during the opening day game for the Minnesota Twins. Go Twinkies! Well, right now the Twins are up 2-0 over Baltimore thanks to back to back homers from MVP Morneau and Gold glover Torii Hunter.

As for the beer... Bottled in 2007 and served at just a hair below cellar temp.

Dark, tarry black body with a solid finger of dusky cocoa brown head. Nice lacing. Nose features a healthy dose of dark coffee, accented by vanilla, bourbon, caramel, creme brulee, roasted malts, and campfire. Wow. The complexity coupled with the perfect balance of components is amazing.

Roasted malt bitterness greets the tongue, followed by dark chocolate, and sharp espresso. Bourbon flavors sneak in, along with oaky notes, vanilla, caramel, and dark fruits. Lots to process here. Bourbon notes increase toward the finish. Warming and rich. Full-bodied with a tickly, yet creamy thick feel.

Very well done and fails to disappoint this stout lover! Believe the hype.

alexgash, Apr 03, 2007