2. BeerAdvocate on your phone?! True story. Try the beta now.

Founders All Day IPA - Founders Brewing Company

Founders All Day IPAFounders All Day IPA

Founders Brewing Company visit their website

Formerly Endurance - All Day IPA.

(Beer added by: Avagadro on 06-05-2010)
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Reviewers
Ratings: 3,516 | Reviews: 585 | Show All Ratings:
rogueleonardi

A - Poured Vigoursly into a plain pint glass, awesome carbonation, tons of bubbles rising from the sides and bottom. Has a gorgeous golden blonde color, pretty clear, no sediment floating around. Leaves a nice inch and a half white head with some decent size bubbles. I love the label on this beer, it pretty much it explains the beer to a T. Old station wagon headed to the beach. a 4.7% ipa that tastes like its from Cali.

S - Has a strong west coast aroma, lots of citrus, pine, and floral hop characters with little to no malt aroma at all.

T - No way is this under 5% abv. The hop profile strongly resembles Double Trouble, only thing missing is the strong alcohol taste that double trouble leaves behind. This is much cleaner, and has no alcohol taste. It leaves a refreshing crisp taste. A lot of reviews I've read about this on here mentions a metallic taste but I didn't notice any from the bottle.

M - Wonderful! Very crisp, clean carbonation that is extremely refreshing. If there's a beer out there that makes your mouth water, its this. Obviously since it's only 4.7% there is no warm alcohol feel. A very light viscosity adds to the overall drinkablity of this beer.

O - The name of this beer describes it perfectly. This is exactly what i'm looking for in a session beer. Lots of flavor refreshing mouthfeel and low abv. I could drink a whole six of this while playing a round of golf or fishing with no problem. For your next poker night be sure to grab a six pack of this.

02-20-2012 17:14:44 | More by rogueleonardi
RavenForBeer

Georgia

4.83/5  rDev +25.5%

This is an amazing beer. Something that you can truly drink ALL DAY! Hmmm, wonder if that has anything to do with the name of the beer?

Great golden color and very clear. Small inch head that dissipates quickly with mild lacing. Probably one of the reason I enjoyed drinking this beer so much was from the mouthfeel. It was so smooth and light.

It is not an overpowering hoppy IPA, but still has a great hop taste. Minimally bitter. And can be enjoyed ALL DAY as it is a session beer.

Overall: I loved it and would drink it as a go to daily beer. In fact, I might just do that with St. Patrick's Day coming up in Savannah, Georgia in a week!

03-11-2014 00:43:28 | More by RavenForBeer
MirkoCroCough

Croatia (Hrvatska)

4.8/5  rDev +24.7%

Can into pint glass.

Awesome amber, golden color. Lacing all the way down.

Glorious hops and malts balanced in the nose.

Wow. Flavor is outstanding

Goes down smooth and easy.

This beer is amazing! Throws down the gauntlet for what a drinkable, clean full of flavor beer should be. All day indeed. Good job Founders. Awesome, awesome beer. Do not miss it. Buy it when you see it.

Serving type: can

11-03-2013 20:05:09 | More by MirkoCroCough
ZAP

4.79/5  rDev +24.4%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.75

I don't care if this is a 6.5% IPA or a 4.7% IPA. Bottom line it is juicy hop laden treat and one of the best tasting IPA's I've had.

Big fresh citrus aroma of oranges and tangerines. Pineapple mingles in next along with more tropical fruitiness from Mango's and Papaya.

The flavors mimick the aroma....big on juicy citrus fruits ad tropical fruits. Malt is clean and light and gives a nice unobtrusive backing.

Bitterness is held in check but finishes real clean. Body is maybe a little light for an IPA but makes this very drinkable as well. Carbonation is spot on. I could see kicking back a ton of these particularly once they come out in 12 pack cans. This is one of the best IPA's I've had. If you are a sucker for jucicy citrus/tropical fruits in your IPA this one is for you.

04-25-2013 04:26:13 | More by ZAP
camil1mj

4.78/5  rDev +24.2%

A: Light golden hue. Bubbly white head. A small amount of lacing.

S: A great balance of sweetness along with fruity hops notes.

T: Lots of citrus flavors: grapefruit, lemon and orange. The flavors are perfectly balanced with a slight hop bitterness.

M: Light-bodied with a good amount of carbonation.

O: This stuff is great. Exactly what it says. The kind of beer I could drink all day. I am sure hardcore hopheads will not be satisfied by it, but I see this becoming a beer I keep stocked in the fridge.

12-30-2011 12:06:44 | More by camil1mj
bigflatsbeerman

4.75/5  rDev +23.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

Appearance - A darker IPA than some. It pours with a very slight head and seems to be unfiltered.
Smell - The most prominent smell is grapefruit which I especially like in a good IPA.
Taste - Again, the grapefruit takes center stage which is more than adequate for me.
Mouthfeel -Light mouthfeel and a decent amount of carbonation.
Overall - This is a fantastic IPA. This has been my go to beer for the last two outings of a fishing weekend that involves playing long sessions of Texas Hold' Em. Everyone else at the table thinks I'm drinking a 8-9% DIPA and they are drinking 5% Buds. so I think I have a leg up on them.

01-31-2014 01:39:28 | More by bigflatsbeerman
AndyP612

4.73/5  rDev +22.9%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Poured on tap at Pizza Luce St. Paul

A- Light Golden with minimal head.

S- Overwhelming citrus hops hit the nose with hints of tropical fruit. First sip was highly anticipated as I have sold numerous 6 packs of these in the LQ I work.

T- Crisp with citrus flavor, very hoppy yet very light. I had to pace myself given the taste.

M- Very dry not puckered out bitter but dry which I like to experience on a new level when not drinking something as tanic as the wines I usually enjoy.

O- After the one pint, I wanted more of it. I assume after the second I would want more as well. Truly a session IPA which I must confess this is the first of the kind I have tried coined as such but very appropriate. It really presented itself as a double/imperial IPA without the big syrupy mouthfeel I perceive in many. Cheers.

03-20-2013 04:42:25 | More by AndyP612
BeerFMAndy

Wisconsin

4.68/5  rDev +21.6%

12 oz bottle poured into a Sierra Nevada imperial pint.
Bottled 12/26/11, 42 IBU, 4.7% ABV.

A - Vibrant golden hued, plenty of carbonation streams through the perfectly clear beer to a well-retained ivory head. Thin, clingy lace dots the pint delicately.

S - Holy dry-hopped aroma Batman! All Day IPA smells incredible! Voluptuous citrus; lemon wedge, cubed pineapple, and balled mango make up this very tropical aroma that finishes out with a touch of pine. Pale graininess and smooth pils sweetness back up the near-orgasmic hop nose.

T - Pale and pils malt provide a great base and delicious flavor behind the bold hop profile that mirrors the aroma. Tropical but balanced.

M - Lighter bodied, perfect for a session ale, this crisp IPA has an impeccably balanced finish that allows the moderate bitterness to be accented without becoming a chore to drink.

O - Damn near flawless, All Day IPA is a session ale packed with hop flavor and character that's exciting but not overwhelming or taxing after a few. It's not often I want to drink pint after pint of a beer but, I'd be overly willing to put six of these back. Founders has nailed it; All Day IPA is the quintessential American session ale!

01-12-2012 13:04:39 | More by BeerFMAndy
trxxpaxxs

4.63/5  rDev +20.3%

Bottled on 5/5/12...

A: Pours a clean translucent light yellow. There is a full finger of pure white foam that settles fairly quickly over time. I'm only getting a bit of lacing as it drinks.

S: The nose is crisp, clean, slight citrus, and pine. It packs a punch for a 4.7% brew. There are way more hop characteristics than I would have expected.

T: Boom! Pine and Lemons! Wow. This is solid. It's super light and super flavorful. This has to be the king of session beers. It's just so damn light, and so damn flavorful.

M: Light bodied beer. The flavors are remarkable. It's super refreshing, clean, crisp, and delicious.

O: This is one of the best (if not the best) lower abv beers I've ever had. It's just so flavorful and drinkable. I could pound these stubby bottles all day, and that's the point. Heading home after a long day of work, and cracking this beer open on a hot summer night on the deck is something to look forward to.

05-21-2012 01:40:28 | More by trxxpaxxs
ev4life

4.61/5  rDev +19.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Incredibly drinkable with great flavor and aroma. The low alcohol content is remarkable considering how much hop taste they are able to maintain. Great finish with no butter lag. I have also had on tap with similar, but surprisingly less stellar, flavor. My current bottle favourite.

08-17-2013 02:08:26 | More by ev4life
BierStein711

4.6/5  rDev +19.5%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.75

Bottle poured into pint. Not bad at all.

Three finger head after a rough pour faded after ninety seconds

Burnt orange color

Smells of pine and resin

Taste: alcohol, floral hop, and pine

Mouthfeel: oily and pleasant

Overall, this is a good beer!

06-27-2013 07:47:26 | More by BierStein711
AntyGravity

4.6/5  rDev +19.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

I could drink this beer all day. Hey!!! I think that's what Founder's had in mind. One of the most deliciously refreshing beers I've ever had. Perfect for a hot day by the pool. Won't get you too smashed either. Really a very solid, well balanced IPA. Citrus notes, pleasant bitter finish. I honestly can't think of a better beer to accompany you while mowing the lawn or on a trip to the beach.

03-08-2014 16:02:14 | More by AntyGravity
weiserr

Connecticut

4.59/5  rDev +19.2%
look: 4 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

Poured into a standard pint; bottled on date not entirely visible. Having enjoyed this beer quite a few times, I can tell that it is nothing less than fresh.

Appearance is decent, yet nothing to get overly excited about. I realize we have to grade this criteria and while sometimes the super sticky lacing left behind by a standout IPA does get me excited, it means NOTHING, if the beer doesn't taste good. Medium copper/champagne hybrid with delicate foam and sparse lacing to boot. The smell is a refreshing combination of pine, orange peel and lemon zest. This really tastes magnificent and I would warn IPA lovers to have a few before giving a concrete review. I wasn't in love immediately because I kept wanting to compare it to other favorites that I enjoy. Despite the ABV, this has a hop kick that is immediately noticeable and thoroughly consistent. Extremely crisp and prickly, it goes down smooth and begs you to enjoy more. While I would never compare this to heavier West Coast style IPAs, I think it needs to be judged for what its brewer intended. This is a session ale that is spot on for an IPA. I could and have consumed multiple brews of this seasonal offering from Founders without feeling the side effects of your typical IPA. This beer is completely underrated. Give it a chance before it's out of rotation.

05-26-2013 19:39:02 | More by weiserr
yuenglingfan101

Indiana

4.56/5  rDev +18.4%
look: 4.75 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

A decent beer by Founders but I am a bit disappointed with this particular beer. I expected more from Founders as usually I am not disappointed by their beer. Appearance light in color is good but the taste is a little flat from what i expected the smell of hops in great but that is the extent of my feeling towards this beer.

11-11-2013 16:42:08 | More by yuenglingfan101
mikesgroove

South Carolina

look: 5 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

golden amber color was transposed into the glass. Lots of carbonation actively searching for a place to go, lands it up at the top of the glass and into the mix of a rich white frothy head. Nice two inches of head quickly races by and leaves with it a nice fluffy and intact pillow across the top that slowly deposits tones of spider web like sticky lace down the sides of the glass. This was a good looking IPA.

The aroma was pungent and fresh, dripping with hop resin so bitter you could feel it through your nose. Very floral, with big notes of orange and tangerine, hints of grapefruit and lemon, with a bit of pine tar thrown in for good measure. This was what it was all about. The flavor was more f the same, and this could have been quite possibly the best tasting IPA I have ever had. Right up there with Sculpin for sure. Huge, sticky fresh hops, loaded down with candy coated sugar. Big notes here of orange all over the place. Lots of citrus of every conceivable kind just literally dripping in here. This is what I would imagine chewing on a still growing hop vine would be like. It was intensely fresh. Nice medium body, almost chewy at time

Serving type: growler

08-24-2011 03:24:10 | More by mikesgroove
dorianmarley

4.53/5  rDev +17.7%

Appearance is honey gold with a white head and some lacing.

Nose is fresh, roasted hops, with some nuttiness and light caramel.

Taste is a great balance of sweet honey and nuttiness, with mild hops and some spice.

Mouthfeel is smooth and absurdly refreshing, with great carbonation.

Overall, could you imagine if all Sessions were this good?

02-26-2012 05:09:31 | More by dorianmarley
WoodBrew

4.53/5  rDev +17.7%

The founders All Day IPA is awesome....its Zombie Dust Light...coming in at 4.7% vs the 6.2% for ZDust and 8% for Holiday Sucks Ale. This beer is for anyone who enjoys the citra hop....the most amazing hop. The taste and smell of this beer is a perfectly blended pine and bitter citrus. The malt is just enought to give me a woody. Mouthfeel is lighter in body good carbonation... an absolute winner!

03-24-2012 23:26:28 | More by WoodBrew
Lemke10

Wisconsin

4.53/5  rDev +17.7%

I picked bottle of this up at Binny’s in Plainfield, IL as part of M&M 6-pack in summer 2012.

Pours a semi cloudy amber orange color with a very little head. Scent is strong with hops and more hops. Taste is smooth, mellow, and mildly bitter. There is a crisp, clean, hoppy after taste. Overall this is a very well made beer, too bad is in such limited distribution.

08-18-2012 04:43:17 | More by Lemke10
AdamBear

4.53/5  rDev +17.7%
look: 4.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.5

A-darkish gold with a stable cream colored head

S-yes, a fist full of grapefruit...exactly what I'm looking for. Strong scent.

T-comes in with a light flavor of cooked vegetables, corn, and a hint of grapefruit. Very crisp and tasty. Lasting flavor of vegetables.

M-medium creamy carbonation with a creamy finish

O-I really wouldn't say this is an IPA. It's just not hoppy an bitter enough. I really like it, but I did like the Lagunitas Daytime better.

03-10-2013 16:50:02 | More by AdamBear
AlmaMatters

4.53/5  rDev +17.7%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.5

Pour - Tap
Glass - Glass Cask Mug; Pint

Although I've had this in a bottle, I must say, the pour from a tap really helps this beer stand out from other session IPA's.

SMELL - There is a spicy, nutty smell with a hoppiness that spikes the nose. The head brings an airy and woody feel too.

LOOK - The body of the beer levels out towards the bottom, with the cloudiness and texture trending towards the head of the beer, which dissipates slowly. An opaque amber color throughout.

TASTE - The crisp first sip is just as strong and current as the last. A rich hop and mild honey flavor, this medium carbonation session IPA is easily drinkable and full with each sip.

Overall - A very rewarding IPA that maintains carbonation and it's plentiful flavors throughout - perfect for a spring or summer day!

11-11-2013 21:03:02 | More by AlmaMatters
jeremyd365

4.5/5  rDev +16.9%

Appearance is a nice clear amber with a little haze and not much head. Nose is super floral and citrus--yum. Mouthfeel is thin to medium. Taste is a delightful hoppy bitter at first then a solid malt after taste as well. This has quickly become my current session ale of choice--it's just delightful!

08-09-2012 22:23:06 | More by jeremyd365
Bitter_Echo

4.5/5  rDev +16.9%

Pours a fast fading low head with only little lacing. Looks to be a dark pils, clear, deeper orange but still on the light side for an IPA. Smells of intricate citrus, pine, pitch, balsam, and something I can't identify. Taste is grapefruit up front, the lightest rind nearest the pulp. Really terrific, high carbonation, fast, and cool, bitter notes are medium high, but somewhat muted, with inviting sustain. Mouth-feel is fast, refreshing, but the hop echo is of moderately long notes, with bitterness fading near the end. I really think this is a terrific IPA, and I've had lots of this since my first sip in April. Of all the craft beers I love, and I've loved lots, this one maybe really is my 'go to' session ale. A repeater, for sure. Does different things than some of my favorite ales out there...standing somewhat alone in my experience... A good follow up after a higher % (D)IPA.

08-20-2012 03:07:22 | More by Bitter_Echo
delta490

4.5/5  rDev +16.9%

Poured a cloudy amber with a short lived head. Aroma is rich and sweet, with strong fruit notes. The taste is a wonderful mix of hop bitterness (pine, citrus) and the tropical fruit, citrus, and pine. Little carbonation and a smooth mouthfeel. A great big flavor IPA with a session-able ABV.

04-07-2013 15:32:05 | More by delta490
Purp1eOne

4.5/5  rDev +16.9%

A - This poured a nice orange/apricot color with gold highlights

S - Very appealing citrus complex smell

T - Very nicely flavored IPA with all kinds of smooth citrus flavors with this bear. With just enough bitter to compliment.

M - Had a very nice body with good carbonation and a nice mix of bitterness and smoothness.

O - Overall I was very, very pleased with this "Every Day IPA" and wasn't expecting it to be such a good beer. This a definitely a fridge filler with the price point and I will always have this one on hand.

06-03-2013 01:06:05 | More by Purp1eOne
Dost0ybrewski

4.5/5  rDev +16.9%

Wow this beer is good. Aside from the rarer Green Flash "Citra Session", this is by far the best session IPA I've tasted.

Appearance is hazy and golden. Aroma is bursting with citra but not overwhelming. Taste matches the smell. Perfect blend of lemon, orange, and grapefruit. Lightly floral. Unbelievably refreshing. What really makes this beer great is the mouth feel. Highly carbonated. Almost like drinking an orange soda. Minimal bitterness.

OVERALL: Citra is my favorite hop. I love an IPA that makes you pucker. This beer is an ode to those who love citra. Incredibly refreshing and bursting with citrusy floral goodness. Personally, one of my top 5 favorite IPAs (Also a great transition beer for those who are new to IPAs)

11-04-2013 04:31:10 | More by Dost0ybrewski