Founders All Day IPA - Founders Brewing Company

Founders All Day IPAFounders All Day IPA

Founders Brewing Company visit their website

Formerly Endurance - All Day IPA.

(Beer added by: Avagadro on 06-05-2010)

Bpc24, Jul 07, 2014

bertram, Feb 19, 2012

Satan70, Mar 30, 2013

MrBallz, Sep 27, 2013
2.54/5  rDev -34.2%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 2.5

Appearance - Crisp, golden yellow. Slight bubbly haze as the carbonation rose up. Looked nice. Eventually settled and looked like a basic American macro.

Smell - Immediately picked up the Amarillo hops. Very nice. Hints of bread. Not much else.

Taste - Blah! This is what I feared. Empty, hollow shell of a body. Can almost taste the alcohol, it's so thin. Distant hints of pine and citrus. Bitter, funky aftertaste. Ugh.

Mouthfeel - Light body, med/high carbonation, damp finish.

Overall - Big disappointment. I really wanted to like this beer too. Oh well. There are plenty of sessionable beers out there for similar prices that actually have flavor and body. I wouldn't bother with this one.

sbxx, Mar 11, 2013
2.55/5  rDev -33.9%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

Poured to about a one inch slightly offwhite head. Brew itself was brownish gold in color. Left a little lacing, but nothing to brag about. Had as light hoppy smell. Maybe a little sweetness going on. Not a real strong hoppy flavor noticed. There were notes of citrus and pine. Also had a quite strong bitter aftertaste. The bitter left as fast as it was noticed to me. Felt good in the mouth. Carbonation was good. I thought this would taste like Two Hearted, but there was no comparison. Two Hearted was better. But then again, Two Hearted with its higher alcohol content isnt (to me) a session beer.

youngleo, Feb 27, 2012
2.56/5  rDev -33.7%

CGA2, Sep 21, 2014
2.58/5  rDev -33.2%

Appearance: Golden with good lacing. An appetizing ale.

Smell: Pear and pineapple. I especially like the pear, but this is a bit sour.

Taste/Mouthfeel: Extremely bitter, and not in a good way. Skunked pine cones. It is smooth, but definitely flat.

Overall Drinkability: I can officially say I've found a Founders beer I don't like. They say every dog has its day. Whatever the opposite of that saying is...this is it for Founders.

tjsdomer2, Apr 10, 2013
2.68/5  rDev -30.6%

Let me start off by saying that this whole "session (insert beer here) drives me crazy. A session IPA is a pale ale. A session imperial stout is a stout. A session doppelbock is a bock. This is not an IPA, no matter what you call it. My review reflects rating this as an IPA, of which classification it officially belongs.

Pours a wonderful golden amber color with a small and slightly wispy white head. There is some sporadic lacing, but nothing like most IPAs I see.

The aroma is wonderful. Full of fresh hoppiness. Citrus and piney. Grapefruit, lemon zest, caramel malts to a lesser extent.

The flavor is awesome for a pale ale. Plenty of hop flavor, some fresh baked bread, a bit of grainy malt which I love, light malts, dry as a bone.

The mouthfeel is nowhere close for the style. Very watery and thin, super dry, high carbonation, but a solid bit of bitterness. Think IPA plus tap water.

I enjoy the aromas and flavor but the mouthfeel and alcohol are completely non existent, which is a big part of an IPA.

SaCkErZ9, Sep 01, 2013
2.71/5  rDev -29.8%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3 | feel: 1.75 | overall: 2

I really wanted to like this beer. When I first tried it, I thought "Oh, a nice clone of New Glarus Moon Man." But that's where the similarities stopped. It's like a beer spritzer. Weak, yet hoppy, and I felt myself not really wanting to drink it. It quickly went flat, and I'm only drinking more to try and catch a buzz. I wouldn't buy it again, and I'm wondering now if Founders has gotten too big for their britches. I think their quality is slipping, and a brewery I once thought could do no wrong, is proving me wrong. Don't bother.

schwabej, Mar 16, 2013

SmellTheGluv, Jun 22, 2014

kuishinbo_tantei, Aug 10, 2014

mikerap100, May 25, 2013

bilhelm, Dec 01, 2013

-NESTO-, Sep 01, 2013

WiscoBrewsco, Jun 20, 2013
2.75/5  rDev -28.8%

I'm surprised by how many high marks this had. Maybe I got a bad 6 pack or something, but this was nothing special. No malt at all, only piney aroma and taste. I'm not saying it's bad by any stretch, but just not enough going on to give it superb marks. I'd compare the sixer I had to a Sierra Nevada Pale Ale, with less taste and aroma.

All I got from this was some piney hops and that's it. No complexity at all to round out the beer.

Clonefan94, Jul 20, 2013