Founders Mango Magnifico - Founders Brewing Company

good

good

Founders Brewing Company visit their website

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  10.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Jason on 07-19-2013)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Founders Mango Magnifico Alström Bros

I think this one is getting better with age. Such a nice and warm finish. Lots of mango flavor from start to finish as well. Aged quite nicely so far.

PPIV, Tuesday at 09:44 PM

DrewSimm, Jan 11, 2014

basickness, Jun 24, 2014

Kmischo, Aug 31, 2014

Stout_Combo, Aug 09, 2013

CAbeerCAbeerCA, Oct 21, 2013

$20. Purchased @ The Fridge. Poured in my beat up Spiegelau snifter.

A: Brilliantly clear golden fire orange with perfect white head. Just right lacing.

S: Aroma is soapy and sweet mango and full of pepper promise.

T/M: Taste is out of this world. Brown sugar sweetness coats the palate while mangoes burst and that unmistakeable habanero pepper acidity and flavor ride the currents of the expertly crafted base as they cut and linger long into the finish.

It's sweet. So sweet. And viscous. The mouthfeel is coating and thick and sweet and perfect for this beer.

The flavors are intense but never unpleasant, harsh or overpowering.

The progression reads like this: Thick sugary sweetness, blooming mango awesomeness, beautiful pepper flavor and heat.

The heavy sweetness carries the pepper and is then cut away for a most satisfying finish.

O: Not to oversell it, but this is my new favorite beer of all time. And I didn't even know it was a thing before I bought it two hours ago. Damn. I'm in love.

froggyfrog, Aug 07, 2013

PapiMagnum, Nov 05, 2013

This was the best beer I have ever had (that was not a Stout). The Mango brought a slight sweetness while the Habanero Peppers had a great punch and offered a very spicy ending to the beer. I would love for Founders to brew this one again, or make it a yearly special.

TBuikus, Feb 17, 2014

Jasonchair, Jun 22, 2014

bmjivi221, Aug 28, 2013
4.9/5  rDev +35.4%

this is a surprisingly amazing brew...! I like Founders but do not LOVE them, they have some really solid beers and some that are very very good but they also have some that leave a lot to be desired.
a: had a clean filtered golden color with a half inch dissipating white foamy head
s: mostly mango aromas coming from head with a very faint spiciness but not much. not hops or other aromas really, mainly mango
t: this is sooo perfectly balanced for what it is! The mango is definatly in the forefront of this but not overpowering or sickeningly sweet or syrupy tasting by any means the habanero is in the aftertaste and becomes more apparent as you drink, balanced completely by the mango just as the mango is balance perfectly by the heat....DELISH!!!!
m: I was afraid that the carbonation was going to be higher or too high for my liking on this one but it was not, again very pleasant. The body of the beer also had a softness to it that helped out the overall roundedness.
overall: this is a gem from founders that should not be passed up if found!

Beerlover, Aug 09, 2013
4.88/5  rDev +34.8%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

1st off thanks my hookup at Spec’s (TOP SECRET - REDACTED) for saving me some of this very rare allotment. Great news I had 2 bottles, the bad news is I had 2 bottles, past tense; very sad.

OK, I have no cheese to go with that whine.

The initial pour is a very clear amber with a barely noticeable hint of cloudiness, about 5%. The head is relatively this with a decent bit of lacing down the sides of the glass.

The nose is a bit on the interesting side; very unique and extremely pleasant. When I say unique I do not imply something bad, I mean unique, very different; a one of a kind. Mangos and Habanero are both quite sweet and, apparently, when mixed with malt even sweeter smelling. The sweet smell really manages to mask the hops which are there, but subtle and somewhat dominated. There is also a subtle peppery spice nose.

The flavor is near outstanding, but not likely for everyone. The sweetness is stronger than I typically like, but the dryness is there too. It starts very sweet and finishes dry. There is a pinch of heat from the habanero and the mango blends surprisingly well with the malt and hops.

Bottom line this is exceptionally flavorful and delicious. The mouthfeel is great and the unexpected blends of all these atypical ingredients is masterful in their combination.

Pints high to the boys at Founders, this is a magnificent brew and a true show of exceptional talent; not to mention the courage it takes to put such a combination of ingredients together and place them out for the world to taste and review.

AtrumAnimus, Sep 25, 2013
4.8/5  rDev +32.6%

Very tasty beverage here. Unfortunately I was only able to salvage about 2 ounces from my bottle because it shattered while being taken out of a cooler. So if I can deduct points for Founders using cheap bottles I would but what I did try was a bit of heaven. I was skeptical of it when I first heard about it, but this vastly exceeded my expectations. Definite Mango flavor with a wonderful note of spiciness that hits the back of your throat. I sincerely hope I can get my hands on another bottle of this before it's gone forever.

wpqx, Aug 12, 2013
4.78/5  rDev +32%
look: 3.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

On tap at the Founders/Southern Tier Tap Takeover at Tap & Mallet.

Poured a hazy burnt orange with no head. Bubbles rising quickly from the bottom of the glass. Aroma is amazing. Sweet and spicy is the name of the game here. Honey, tropical fruits (pineapple, mango, lychee) mixed with sweetness of a pepper, then a touch of pale malts. The spice is most apparent in the finish, where the habaneros sneak up on you a couple seconds after the swallow. I know it's personal preference, but I actually would like just a tiny bit less of heat and a little bit more sweetness from the fruits. But regardless, this is a delicious beer. 10% abv? I would never have guessed. I get exactly zero alcohol when drinking this. Such a well made beer.

DmanGTR, Oct 20, 2013