Founders Mango Magnifico - Founders Brewing Company

good

Founders Brewing Company visit their website

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  10.00% ABV

Beer added by: Jason on 07-19-2013

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Founders Mango Magnifico Alström Bros
Reviews: 197 | Hads: 1,149
3.97/5  rDev +7%

750ml bottle into tulip. Thanks Matt!

A: Pours a golden color with a dense bright white head that left sheets of sticky lace as it faded into a thick lasting film.
S: Sugary mango on the nose with hints of grape, biscuit dough malt and stone fruits coming through.
T: Sweet and sugar mango fruits, with a clean lingering burn in the finish. I get caramel and grape in the middle with some decent heat dominating most of the flavors. Only the sweet mango pokes through. There’s a lingering heat in the aftertaste.
M: Tingly mouthfeel from the heat, but well executed though. Full bodily, heavy slick mouthfeel, soft low carbonation.
O: Better than I expected. Well hidden alcohol. It's not just the flavor but the way the thick mouth, clean heat, and syrupy sweetness all work together. Would definitely drink again. (818 characters)

4.38/5  rDev +18.1%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4 | overall: 4.5

Pours clear light amber in color with a big frothy white head that has decent retention.

Smell is great. Sweet fruity mango and a slight funk. I had this a lot while it was fresh and there was no funk but noir there is a slight musty aroma along with a slight sour aroma. Pepper aroma kicks in at the end and finishes.

Taste is awesome and remains the same. Sweet rich crisp mango flavors are balanced nicely with a very light pepper flavor and a big spice that stick in the back of the throat.

Mouthfeel is medium bodied with moderate carbonation and a mild sweet sticky feel.

Overall I wished I had rated this back when it first came out and I had it a bunch of times. The fruit seems to have turned a little bit however not in an off putting way,but this was awesome when it was fresh. So I'm rating it according to my memory. (835 characters)

4.11/5  rDev +10.8%
look: 4.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 4 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4.25

Thanks big bro, great share! 6 oz. into a FFF Rastal on September 2nd, 2013.

A - Brilliant golden coloring, soft fluffy head, quick retention down to a white ring, fair lacing.

S - As predominant a note of mango as I've ever experienced in beer. A hint of cayenne, brown sugar, buttered bread, and lime.

T - Smooth, fresh mango juice, banana, melon, stronger malty bread than in the nose, strong habanero pepper on the finish with an interesting leafy vegetal note.

M - Medium body, lower carbonation, plentiful alcohol warming and peppery heat in the backend.

D - Perfectly sweet and spicy and I could really pair this with some great sushi or Vietnamese food. Unique and balanced and worth a try.

Edit - I had this a few times, and it didn't revisit nearly as well as the first bottle (which was honestly incredible). Gotta dock just a pinch. (850 characters)

3.92/5  rDev +5.7%
look: 2.5 | smell: 4.25 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Bottle #1 on a cellar dive night:

Nice thin white foamy head with mildly cloudy orange fluid. Missing much lacing.

Lots of mango and lime on the nose. Very fruit forward followed by a nice kick of pepper.

Nice fruity tartness, but not sour. High heat output at the last minute, lingers in a good way. Mango is well done and slight awkward bitterness. Licorice? Kinda funky and odd. Totally unique!!!

A totally recommend spice/fruit brew. It was well worth the wait for it to arrival. Get some!! (500 characters)

3.44/5  rDev -7.3%

bomber poured into a Highlands Brewing snifter

A - clear gold with initial 1 finger head that dissipates quickly, initially leaving lacing, but even that stops after awhile.

S - very fruity nose with some booze present

T - two basic flavors mango/pineapple and habanero. Finish is an alcohol/habanero burn.

M - leaves a warm salsa like burn.

O - I think Founders accomplished what they wanted to do with this, but my main beef is that it is a sipper. It's not really all that drinkable. I'm glad I tried it, but it's not my thing. (535 characters)

2.83/5  rDev -23.7%

The latest Backstage Series beer that I have yet to review...and sadly my least favorite of the bunch. Poured Mango Magnifico into a balloon glass and gave it a hard pour to coax a finger's worth of cream-colored head that quickly dies to nothing but a thin layer on top. The color is an orange-gold color, with brilliant clarity that shows minimal carbonation rising in the middle. It does not appear to lace well either.

Allowing this to warm up considerably, since when it was out of the fridge, it seemed to have no aroma. At about 45 degrees, there is a very subtle fruitiness to the aroma. It doesn't quite jump out at me, and it certainly is not a highly artificial mango aroma. A little tropical fruit aroma (mango, banana) and not much else.

There are only two dimensions to this beer: mango and habanero. Up front is a mildly sweet, indistinct mango flavor, which then quickly fades and is taken over by a hot finish. Not much of an aftertaste. It is interesting that this beer attempts to balance the sweet, mango/malt flavor with heat, and I think it certainly succeeds in that. It is worth mentioning that the beer is considerably hot in comparison to what else is out there (maybe on par with Ghost Face Killah?) but it is certainly not unbearable heat, even my my low standards. It's medium to full bodied, and has a smooth texture. The heat lasts well after the swallow.

As I said before, this isn't my favorite in the Backstage Series. It is experimental, and I think that is one of the purposes of this "series" of beers, and so in that sense the succeed in what they are trying to accomplish. It's unique to blend a tropical fruit with a hot pepper in a big beer, but I think this could have been accomplished in a better way, especially if they chose to amp up the malt profile. Also, I'm not sure the mango flavor came out so well. I respect the effort nonetheless. (1,890 characters)

3.56/5  rDev -4%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

On-tap 10/31/2013 at Track 84 in Warwick, RI, served in a tulip glass.

A: The beer is a deep amber color, with a thin off-white head that fades quickly and leaves a thin lace on the glass.

S: The aroma contains mango, caramelized malts and some hops.

T: The taste starts out sweet with a strong mango flavor followed by a burst of chili pepper heat. The heat intensifies as you continue to drink the beer and disguises the high ABV. The malt character is hearty but not too heavy and there’s a mild but complementary hops presence creating a good balance. The after-taste is all heat.

M: A little crisp and a little smooth, medium body, light-to-medium carbonation, finish is slightly sticky.

O: Flavorful, goes down ok, not too filling, deceptively strong kick, decent representation of style, if you like the heat it’s worth drinking for a while. (857 characters)

3.7/5  rDev -0.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

750 ml bottle, with no apparent bottled on date present. Managed to snag a bottle of this from the local beer store. Expectations are decently high given Founders' good reputation. I'm excited to have it. My first beer from Founders in a larger than 12 oz. bottle.

Poured into a clear balloon snifter glass.

A - Pours a light honeyed golden-orange color with some sediment visible. Two fingers of thin bubbly off-white head that falls to a spotty ring of soapiness quickly.

S - I'm really not getting much in the way of smell aside from some candied malt presence and some juicy fleshy mango / peach. Mild alcohol fumes on the end.

T - This is where the beer kicks it up a notch. Juicy mango / peach sweetness up front, with the habanero heat lingering on the finish long and hard. Very nicely made & balanced, but I would definitely say the habanero outdoes the mango a lot of the time.

M - Feel is smooth, wet, and clean. Syrupy. Some fruit sweetness lingering, with a long hot habanero pepper finish.

Overall, I thought this was pretty damn spicy. Definitely the hottest chile beer I've ever had; and this beer classifies itself as a fruit beer. Alcohol content is well-masked, all the heat is from the habanero. Definitely unique and well-executed, although this isn't the ideal bottle to take to the dome. Very glad to have tried it, but I wouldn't want it again.

Founders Mango Magnifico ---3.5/5 (1,409 characters)

4.78/5  rDev +28.8%
look: 3.75 | smell: 5 | taste: 4.75 | feel: 5 | overall: 4.75

On tap at the Founders/Southern Tier Tap Takeover at Tap & Mallet.

Poured a hazy burnt orange with no head. Bubbles rising quickly from the bottom of the glass. Aroma is amazing. Sweet and spicy is the name of the game here. Honey, tropical fruits (pineapple, mango, lychee) mixed with sweetness of a pepper, then a touch of pale malts. The spice is most apparent in the finish, where the habaneros sneak up on you a couple seconds after the swallow. I know it's personal preference, but I actually would like just a tiny bit less of heat and a little bit more sweetness from the fruits. But regardless, this is a delicious beer. 10% abv? I would never have guessed. I get exactly zero alcohol when drinking this. Such a well made beer. (737 characters)

3.75/5  rDev +1.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

Bottle to CBS snifter.

A - Translucent hazy medium orange colour with a thin layer of white head.

S - A big bready sweetness is noticeable first, followed by mango that isn't nearly as prominent as I expected. A slight touch of heat is noticeable in the background.

T - Fresh mango up front with a big bready sweetness. The habanero pepper kicks shows up in the finish and lingers considerably. Some warming alcohol is present throughout.

M - Medium body; slightly creamy. Moderate carbonation. (501 characters)

3.71/5  rDev 0%

Shiny copper penny color with brilliant clarity. Just a faint wisp of foam. I think the acidity from the pepper kills the head retention. Aoma is light malt, mango, and you can smell and even get a faint burning sensation in your nostrils from the habanero pepper. Sharp and jolt to the palate. Carbonated mango fades and a warmth and slow burn to the tongue that fades down your throat. Clears the sinuses. An adventure in a bottle that would pair well with spicey Mexican food. (479 characters)

3.38/5  rDev -8.9%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3 | feel: 4 | overall: 3.25

Reviewed from notes. Poured from a 750 mL bottle into a CCB pint glass.

A: Pours a somewhat hazy gold, with medium visible carbonation and roughly a finger of white head with poor retention.

S: Cracker malts, fruity sweetness and a somewhat subdued spicy pepper and black pepper presence. It reminds me a bit of a saison with the tropical fruit additions.

T: Big mango tropical fruitiness up front, some light malts and black pepper, then the spicy habenero pepper burn in the back of the throat and lips. The pepper burn lasts with the fruity sweetness into the hang.

M: Light body, good carbonation sensation, and low alcohol presence.

O: Not bad for what it is, a fruited pepper beer. But the spice burn got to be too much during the pint, and the mango flavor got to be a little artificial and tiresome. I think I would have enjoyed a taster of this at a festival, but I didn't need an entire pint. (907 characters)

4.01/5  rDev +8.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4.25 | feel: 4.25 | overall: 4

750 ml bottle poured into a Founders snifter.

Appearance: Pours a hazy pale gold with a nice one-and-a-half finger white head. Leaves a nice lacing down the glass.

Smell: The nose is pretty sweet with a definite mango presence. Quite a bit of caramel malt in there as well which adds to the sweetness. The presence of the habanero is very subtle - there's a slight pepper flavor that flickers in and out, but no real heat. It smells nice, but it needs something to balance the sweetness.

Taste: Starts off sweet - similar to the smell, although it packs a bit more mango flavor along with the caramel malt - but then the habanero takes over. You get the flavor of the pepper followed by a healthy dose of heat, which lingers well after the finish. The heat balances the sweetness perfectly. Alcohol is completely masked. This is certainly a unique flavor profile, and I, for one, love it.

Mouthfeel: Medium to full-bodied with lingering heat from the habaneros. Low carbonation level. I'm loving those peppers.

Overall: I realize that this is a very polarizing beer, and you can add me to the side that loves it. The balance between sweetness and heat makes for a great beer. (1,180 characters)

3.79/5  rDev +2.2%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.75

I know a lot of people are down on this beer because it was not what they were hoping Founders would make, but I have a solution. Send the bottle you do not want my way. I will happily consume those pesky bottles.

Appearance - The beer was a golden orange color with a slight white head. It was a reflection of modest carbonation.

Smell - There really was not anything about the aroma that would suggest this beer to be unique. Would it be to vague to say it smelled like regular beer?

Taste - On the initial taste, one gets the sweet of mango. Here comes the heat. The heat starts on the front of the tongue before moving to the back of the throat. The taste is almost sticky sweet which makes me wonder if the texture is helping the sweet to stick. It is tough to note other notes once the heat kicks in. The heat is not unbearable, but people with low tolerance for spicy food would probably not like it.

Mouthfeel - As noted earlier, there is a stickiness to this beer. The thicker texture and sweetness certainly are not typical of beer.

Overall - I know many people are disappointed that this is not ___ by Founders, but it is actually a good unique beer. (1,166 characters)

3.56/5  rDev -4%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Served on-tap for Friday Night Flights at Party Town (Florence, KY). The pour is golden-amber, cloudy, and sports a nice fluffy white head. The nose is sweet and reeks of over-ripe fruit, primarily mangoes, peaches, and pears. There is a slight hint of booziness to the nose as well.

The beer is medium-bodied and has a really sweet, almost cloying, flavor. Lots of fruity sweetness hits you up front and doesn't let up. There's no bitterness at all, just rails of sweetness. At the back of the palate, a nice hint of pepper complicates matters as you swallow. The sweetness hinders the drinkability, but I was impressed that there was no hint of the 10% ABV.

Overall, I don't think an ``imperial fruit beer'' is something I want to experience again. Granted, the pepper notes were extremely well done - just a suggestion of spiciness and not enough to rattle your palate, but the overwhelming sweetness made this a little tough for me to drink. I think I prefer the lower ABV fruit beers. This stuff reminded me of a ``fruit drink'' made with high fructose corn syrup. (1,071 characters)

2.43/5  rDev -34.5%

Pours a bright golden color. Little head nor lace.
Sweet malt, generic fruit and musty yeast in the aroma.
In the taste, mango and small hop, with a pepper heat that most certainly builds through the experience. Sweet, hot, boozey, but balanced in its ways. Indigestion in a bottle. Experiments don't always work, as this became tiresome to drink. But make no mistake, it's an extreme beer. (390 characters)

3.63/5  rDev -2.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

Served well chilled into a fluted tulip.

Pours a dark straw/gold color with half inch light beige head that quickly recedes with very light surface layer and lacing.

Sweet aromas of tropical fruit with a hint of the pepper in the background.

Immediate flavors of sweet tropical fruit with the peppers following through mildly. Habanero is nicely balanced in both flavor and spice. Recommend drinking well chilled, the flavors seemed to break down as it warmed up.

On first sip it is surprisingly light and crisp but for a 10% brew with light carbonation. Heat from peppers does not overwhelm.

Overall, I was very impressed with this beer, and I'm not a big fan of pepper beers. It is sweet and spicy in equal measure and would be good intro into pepper beers. Was excellent paired with some spicy orange chicken. (818 characters)

4.49/5  rDev +21%
look: 4.25 | smell: 4.5 | taste: 4.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4.5

750 mL bottle originally purchased in the greater Washington D.C.area, 2013 vintage, poured into my The Bruery "Rue the Day" tulip (and wishing I was drinking a Tart of Darkness right now), drank 9/25/13 over several hours.

A: 3/3 - classic Founders...clarity predominates and totally impressive for the flavors pouring off (see below)

S: 11/12 - mango, mango, cha cha cha...sweetness like Walter Payton...

T: 17/20 - on the anterior tongue, there's a strong mango flavor - other tropical fruits also peek out; in the middle of the mouth, the flavors continue to bounce, and, towards the end, the habeneros start emerging but not overwhelming - bringin' the heat!

M: 4/5 - moderate-to-high bodied; appropriate carbonation; where's that booze for a 10%er!?!

O: 9/10 - probably the best to date in the Founders speciality series; maybe if I knock my glass slippers enough I'll wind up in Grands Rapid, MI for the NHC 2014...there's no place like home(brew)!

TOTAL = 44/50 (975 characters)

3.9/5  rDev +5.1%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 4 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 4

A- Pours a one finger head and dissipates quickly with minimal lacing.

S- Very subtle aroma. Definitely sweet but not positive where it is coming from. If I didn't know it were "Mango" I'm not sure I would say fruit.

T- Very sweet on the initial hit. I get some fruitiness from the mango then when the beer hits my throat the backbone is very much habanero. The spiciness stays with me for some time after each sip. Very enjoyable.

M- Nothing too crazy here. Medium carbonation with the habanero giving some heat.

O- I did not know what to expect - I had never had a spiced beer like that before. I don't know if I could finish the 750 by myself but I would highly suggest giving this a try. A well made beer indeed! (724 characters)

3.63/5  rDev -2.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.75 | overall: 3.5

750 ml bottle poured into a Bell's Tulip

A- Pours a 2 finger white head, dissipates quickly to a thin layer on top, sticky lacing, very clear golden orange color, bubbles come up from the bottom.
S- The aroma is interesting. Very mellow, the notes are very subtle, slight hints of grassy notes, some pine, some the mango is very hard to pick out in the aroma, its there but very subtle, if i didn't know there was mango in this ahead of time it would of been very hard to pick out, same goes for the habanero.
T- Taste is something else completely. Very sweet upfront, slight bitterness, kind of a artificial mango taste to it that is not the greatest. What really stands out is the heat on the backend. Once it goes down your throat its straight up habanero, nice hot spiciness. Im typically not a fan of any beer made with habanero but this is rather appealing.
M- Medium mouthfeel, the habanero heats up the mouth, really nice, sticky mouthfeel.
O- It was not what i was expecting. I thought it would be allot harder to drink, but its not too bad. The habanero is what makes this beer stand out which is surprising for me. Its very rich though and may be tough to finish by myself. Definitely a beer to share. (1,214 characters)

4.87/5  rDev +31.3%
look: 5 | smell: 4.75 | taste: 5 | feel: 4.75 | overall: 4.75

1st off thanks my hookup at Spec’s (TOP SECRET - REDACTED) for saving me some of this very rare allotment. Great news I had 2 bottles, the bad news is I had 2 bottles, past tense; very sad.

OK, I have no cheese to go with that whine.

The initial pour is a very clear amber with a barely noticeable hint of cloudiness, about 5%. The head is relatively this with a decent bit of lacing down the sides of the glass.

The nose is a bit on the interesting side; very unique and extremely pleasant. When I say unique I do not imply something bad, I mean unique, very different; a one of a kind. Mangos and Habanero are both quite sweet and, apparently, when mixed with malt even sweeter smelling. The sweet smell really manages to mask the hops which are there, but subtle and somewhat dominated. There is also a subtle peppery spice nose.

The flavor is near outstanding, but not likely for everyone. The sweetness is stronger than I typically like, but the dryness is there too. It starts very sweet and finishes dry. There is a pinch of heat from the habanero and the mango blends surprisingly well with the malt and hops.

Bottom line this is exceptionally flavorful and delicious. The mouthfeel is great and the unexpected blends of all these atypical ingredients is masterful in their combination.

Pints high to the boys at Founders, this is a magnificent brew and a true show of exceptional talent; not to mention the courage it takes to put such a combination of ingredients together and place them out for the world to taste and review. (1,544 characters)

3.73/5  rDev +0.5%
look: 3.75 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Another thank you to Steasy66!

Appearance. Pours a fairly clear gold with a finger of white head.

Smell. Ripe mango, spicy peppers, light malts and a little yeast.

Taste. Sweet (like sugar added sweet) mango and other tropical fruits ...pineapple mainly, spicy habaneros, a little smooth light malt.

Mouthfeel. Full body, fairly sticky. Low+ carbonation.

Overall. I was warned it might be a task to drink this whole thing solo. First glass went down well, but I'm thinking the second will be a slow go. Good stuff and different (which I like). (549 characters)

3.54/5  rDev -4.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Acquired at me local HEB Grocery. 10% ABV confirmed per the label. "Mango ale brewed with a hint of habanero." 750ml brown glass bottle with stylized label art and a black branded pry-off pressure cap served into an Independence Brewing pilsner glass in me gaff in low altitude Austin, Texas. Expectations are quite high given the brewery, which makes some beers I love. Reviewed live. Reviewed as a fruit beer because it identifies as such on Founders' website:

Served cold, straight from me fridge, and allowed to warm over the course of consumption. Side-poured with standard vigor as no carbonation issues are anticipated.

A: No bubble show forms as I pour.

Pours a one finger wide head of white colour. Fluffy. Okay creaminess and thickness. Decent frothiness. Light lacing clings to the sides of the glass as the head recedes. Head retention is good for the ABV - about 4 minutes.

Body colour is a clear pilsner yellow of average vibrance. I didn't expect that colour from a fruit beer; it's weird to see the appearance and think that it's a 10% beer because I'm so conditioned to associating this colour with low-average ABV beers. Transparent; translucent. No yeast particles are visible.

Overall it's generally appealing but not unique or special. I'm looking forward to trying it. Has no obvious flaws.

Sm: Mango fruit; it seems authentic, not artificial as if from extract or syrup. Pilsner malts. Light honey. Refreshing tropical fruit burst. A hint of vague pepper; I couldn't identify it as habanero blind. Munich malts. Clean barley. Complementary floral hops.

A pleasant subdued aroma of mild strength. I find it a bit mouthwatering. Looking forward to trying it.

No yeast character or alcohol is detectable. I don't detect any off-notes.

T: True to its epithet, it's got plenty of refreshing mango fruit - which primarily occupies the open through the second act. Hints of habanero hit on the climax and linger through the finish and into the aftertaste, but the heat is never overwhelming or unwelcome, nor does it limit drinkability. Pilsner malts, munich malts, and light nectary hops fill out the rest of the flavour profile for the most part, though I do get some juicy watermelon up front as well. It's a nice pairing of refreshing fruit with spicy peppery heat, and the execution is good. It's balanced, both in terms of flavour and structurally. Though the heat of the habanero is far more intense than the mild fruit up front, the former never overwhelms the latter. The candi sugar in the body lends a sweetness that tames the heat. On some sips, I don't even notice the heat until the aftertaste hits. Impressively balanced, indeed.

Like most beers out there, it could use more complexity and subtlety. This is hardly a subtle beer, but rarely are chili peppers used with nuance. For the premise of the beer, I think Founders does well here, but there's room for improvement.

Intensity of flavour is well above average, as is duration of flavour - both due to the habanero. Depth of flavour is average for the style, though I do want to point out that Founders does a magnificent job of delivering the mango flavour; I can't imagine how difficult that'd be with actual mango fruit.

I could use more of a hop presence, as well as a bit more flavour in the second act. I like the beer overall.

No alcohol or yeast character comes through. At 10%, that's pretty impressive. Watch out, lads, this'n will hit hard if you don't mind your consumption.

Mf: Smooth and wet. I'm hesitant to call it refreshing, but it certainly is up front - just less so once the habanero hits. Well-carbonated. Not as crisp as I'd like. Good presence on the palate. Full-bodied. Good thickness. Complements the flavour profile well, mostly by staying out of the way and letting the flavours do the talking.

Not oily, gushed, hot, boozy, or harsh.

Dr: It's difficult to say whether this is a true "fruit beer" (if that's even a style) or a chili beer, but that difficulty is a testament to its quality; it hybridizes the two styles seamlessly. I think the chili heat is just about right, but I'd like to see them bring up the mango just a bit more. It's very drinkable for the ABV - which is quite sneakily concealed; I'd even say dangerously so. I certainly wouldn't want to drink two in the same night, and I think Founders is right to recommend that each bottle be shared. That said, I'll enjoy killing this bottle alone tonight, but I'm betting it'll be an inadvertent nightcap.

Overall, it delivers on the premise - there's plenty of mango and habanero here - as well as on the level of quality I've come to expect from Founders. A dangerously drinkable fruit/chili beer hybrid from one of the best breweries on this continent. Certainly worth trying. I'd recommend it to friends and trade partners.

Low B (4,943 characters)

4.17/5  rDev +12.4%

Was lucky enough to snag a bottle of this after my favorite local bottle shop ran out immediately and another got it in stock a few days later.

Split it with a friend and was wishing I hadn't haha. Certainly not the best beer I've ever had but a totally unique drinking experience.

In the smell I got mostly habanero, you can feel the heat in your nose.
The taste starts with the sweetness of the mango and ends with the heat of the habanero. Have had a few pepper beers before but not as balanced as this or one that leaves the heat lingering in your mouth as much as this.

Another great one from Founders (really not sure why so many people are hating on it, maybe they didn't read the label before they bought it?), hope they bring it back at some point in the future. Now can we get CBS this year as a backstage release? Please? (835 characters)

2.81/5  rDev -24.3%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 2.75 | feel: 3 | overall: 3

Pours a pale gold, it's a shade darker than a macro lager. The beer is crystal clear with a very quickly fading white head. Little lacing. Aroma is sweet mango with a faint hint of spicy pepper. The palate, much like the nose, is mango. The heat comes in the middle notes, and it is spicy! Mouthfeel is slick, with medium body and light carbonation. Overall, it's not an overly complex beer, and the mango sweetness fatigues the palate pretty quickly, but the spicy habanero does an OK job of balancing it somewhat. (516 characters)

Founders Mango Magnifico from Founders Brewing Company