Founders Mango Magnifico - Founders Brewing Company

good

good

Founders Brewing Company visit their website

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  10.00% ABV

(Beer added by: Jason on 07-19-2013)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Founders Mango Magnifico Alström Bros
3.5/5  rDev -3.3%

3.25/5  rDev -10.2%

3.76/5  rDev +3.9%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 4 | feel: 3 | overall: 3.75

750ml bottle into a Brooklyn Brewery snifter. Shared with schen9303.

Pours a frothy 2.5 finger white head with moderate retention. Beer is a clear orange. Lacing is thick and layered with good stick. Really a pretty good looking brew.

Nose is mango puree, citrus zest and hint of spiciness. As described and moderately aromatic.

Opens very sweet mango puree. Habanero heat comes in right towards the middle and just continues to build and build. Mango sweetness lingers in the background. End is boozy, hot and sweet. Aftertaste is the same. This is what it is. Mango puree and hot pepper. I like it!

Medium bodied with moderate to low carbonation. Thick and filmy in the mouth and goes down abrasive and hot. Quick, clean finish with a lingering, sticky sweet aftertaste. Could use a bit more carbonation and a touch too thick.

Overall, certainly one of the most interesting beers I've had to date. Straight and to the point. The mango and hot pepper presence is simple and prominent which leads to many probably either hating or loving this one. I'm honestly pretty impressed by it.

2.93/5  rDev -19.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.75 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 2.5

A very enthusiastic friend brought this 'round.

A: Nice light amber color with very head and retention

S: Mango hits primarily

T: I haven't got the foggiest notion as to what would compel someone to conjure up this odd mix of ingredients. You're first hit with a VERY SWEET beer (not something I tend to like to begin with), then the mango and finally the jalapeno burn which lingers too long for me. The only way this makes any sense to me is sipping it like a cognac in a small dose. Otherwise finishing a tulip glass of this is impossible for me.

M: Fine I reckon

O: Just odd and all I can ask is "Why???" C'mon Founders, you're better than this weirdness.

4.5/5  rDev +24.3%

4.06/5  rDev +12.2%

The sweetness. The citrus. The mango the hops. The BURNING.

Good. Weird. Bad. Never again. But maybe.

Should you drink a beer that hurts? Can you rate a beer highly if it ruined your palate for the rest of the night? Yes. Or not.

Kind of awesome and kind of awful at the sme time. But I actually think I want another one.

4.5/5  rDev +24.3%

4.8/5  rDev +32.6%

Very tasty beverage here. Unfortunately I was only able to salvage about 2 ounces from my bottle because it shattered while being taken out of a cooler. So if I can deduct points for Founders using cheap bottles I would but what I did try was a bit of heaven. I was skeptical of it when I first heard about it, but this vastly exceeded my expectations. Definite Mango flavor with a wonderful note of spiciness that hits the back of your throat. I sincerely hope I can get my hands on another bottle of this before it's gone forever.

3.25/5  rDev -10.2%