The Honey Thief - Williams Brothers Brewing Company

pDev: n/a
Williams Brothers Brewing Company visit their website
United Kingdom (Scotland)

English Bitter |  5.20% ABV

(Beer added by: BlackHaddock on 12-31-2013)
Reviews by flyingpig:
3.69/5  rDev n/a
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 4.5 | overall: 4

500ml Bottle from Aldi:
Clear & light golden with hints of amber & a 1cm tall head with good retention. The head is white & creamy with a little lacing on the sides.

Sweet with honey, lemon & citrus plus a few subdued hops & straw. There is some spice & a few fruits too.

Light, almost grassy hops &e straw with a honey sweetness. There was good citrus & lemon backed up by some good fruits as well as a pleasantly bitter taste that stops the beer from seeming overly sweet.

Medium & smooth with a creamy feel and medium to high carbonation. This one has quite a nice mouthfeel and the balance is pretty good as well.

I was scared this would be overly sweet or sickening but the honey thankfully wasn't as strong as I'd feared. Pleasantly sweet but the bitterness towards the end and in the aftertaste helped to balance things out and keep things interesting. An enjoyable beer.

3.26/5  rDev n/a
look: 3.5 | smell: 3.25 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

It's early on New Years Eve (2013) and I fancy a light semi-sweet beer: let's hope this 500ml bottle does the trick as I carry out a live tasting before the guest arrive for a party I didn't want at my house this evening.

500ml Bottle: BBD Mar 15. Poured slowly into a Duvel glass, just because I can.

Clear golden body with an uneven pure white foaming head.

The aroma is very lemon/citrus (which I'm not a fan of), however there is also trace of sweetness. OK, the honey might be playing a part in the smell, a definite honey whiff if I'm being honest.

The taste leads with those citrus notes, however the honey sweetness and light malts take over mid-sip before giving way again to the citrusy hops which leave a lingering dry finish.

I've lost count of the 'Honey beers' I've had (mostly UK or Belgian): but this isn't as sweet or as bad as a lot of them. The honey influence is subtle, but strong enough to prevent the citrus flavours taking over completely, which a real bonus in my eyes.

Still no guests and the wife is leaving me alone, so I might be able to sneak in another new beer before I'm required to be pleasant!

3.75/5  rDev n/a

4.44/5  rDev n/a

The Honey Thief from Williams Brothers Brewing Company
- out of 100 based on 4 ratings.