Join our email list →

3.25/5  rDev +38.3%

2.75/5  rDev +17%

2.36/5  rDev +0.4%

2.98/5  rDev +26.8%

Poured from a brown 16.9 oz. bottle. Has a orange/amber color with a 1/2 inch head. Smell is of malts, caramel, alcohol. Taste is malty, alcohol, sugary, more alcohol, not good but not horrible. Feels light and sugary in the mouth and overall, not a good beer, but based on the reviews here, and the young man at the liquor store's negative comments, it's better than I expected.

1.75/5  rDev -25.5%

1.52/5  rDev -35.3%

3.56/5  rDev +51.5%

2.37/5  rDev +0.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

A: The beer is clear dark yellow in color and has a slight amount of visible carbonation. It poured with a half finger high white head consisting of large bubbles that quickly died down, leaving bits of lacing on the surface and a thin collar around the edge of the glass.
S: Light aromas of alcohol are present in the nose along with notes of bready malts.
T: The taste has flavors of alcohol; these stand out in front of hints of bready malts grassy hops and bits of sugary sweetness.
M: It feels medium-bodied on the palate and has a moderate amount of carbonation.
O: This beer has a heavy dose of alcohol in the taste, but isn't as bad as some malt liquor store that I've had, especially when considering its high abv. The drinkability does deteriorate as the beer warms up.

2.03/5  rDev -13.6%
look: 1.5 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.25

2.06/5  rDev -12.3%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

L: Pours a deep golden color, that is a bit too dark for something marketed as a pils in my opinion, with a nice white head that dissipates into a very fine lace. The beer is very clear with some carbonation.

S: Very strong aromas of sweet caramel and alcohol. There is also a strange pungent smell underneath that I can't place. I'm searching for any hints of hops, but I can't find them behind the alcohol. Unless that weirdly pungent scent is the hops. Not very appealing unless you want to get drunk fast.

T: There is a sweet caramel flavor that is quickly swept away by a grain alcohol flavor. There is grassiness that I imagine is the hop flavor, but it isn't much. Ever wanted to depth charge a Märzen with a shot of everclear? This is your beer.

F: It even feels boozy. Usually I hold beer in my mouth for a few seconds to get more descriptions, but this one demands to go down quickly or it will burn your palate. It is thick and malty, but any lager crispness is overwhelmed by alcohol.

O: A friend gave me this as a solstice gift mostly for the label, ABV and the curiosity of Lithuanian beer. I texted him that it tasted like they channeled their Soviet oppression into a bottle. I'm going to stand by that. This doesn't live up to my hopes for an Imperial Pilsner and is the first beer I've had in the Euro Strong Lager category here. If you want to get drunk enough to forget about the cold, this beer will be there for you. If you to taste beer instead of booze, go elsewhere.

This beer was poured from a 16.9 oz bottle into a pint glass and inebriated me at apx 55F.

1.32/5  rDev -43.8%

Is good beer. Is strong beer. Like smell of fine Lithuanian Ox. And stronger. Maybe as strong as Lithuanian barmaid. Excellent for the intended use of cleaning shipping grease from inferior Russian weapons.

Rated higher overall because drank some, and do not mind smell or taste of grease on AK-47 any more.

2.08/5  rDev -11.5%

3.5/5  rDev +48.9%

2.5/5  rDev +6.4%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.75/5  rDev +17%

So everyone of us who are rating this beer are doing so because we bought it because of the high ABV. At 15% this is almost as high as it gets but that's where the positives pretty much end. This beer has a putrid aroma. It smells rotten, I had to check the dates to make sure it was still drinkable. It poured a nice golden color, had way too much carbonation and a decent amount of lace. It is too sweet to enjoy and very acidic and pungent. Has a very strong and bitter taste similar to sulfur. While it is still better than a Bud Light, I would only recommend getting this for the novelty factory.

2.91/5  rDev +23.8%

I was down in DC around the 2015 holidays (ostensibly) to visit my aunt & uncle, but partially to seek out new beers to drink. I was on my way back to their place from the Friendship Heights Metro station when I saw a window advertisement for World Market and something flashed in my mind that they carry a small assortment of beers & so I went in to take a look. The selection was not all that impressive, although I managed to build a mixed sixer and on the way out, I spied this bottle sitting on a clearance table. While most people might run in the other direction from such things, for me, it was a clarion call! This brewski and I are crazy!

From the bottle: "Partially filtered, bottle-conditioned".

I Pop!ped the cap, but I was uncertain as to how to proceed with that "partially filtered" business. I went with a gentle pour that produced only wisps. An agitation of the liquid stubbornly brought forth a momentary finger of tawny head that quickly reverted to wisps. I spilled a little on my hand and it proved to be some of the stickiest stuff that I had ever encountered! Color was solidly Amber (SRM = > 7, < 9) with NE-plus quality clarity. The nose was extremely sweet, like toffee or caramelized sugar. Mouthfeel was medium-to-full, but its decided lack of carbonation kept it from achieving fullness. It had a decidedly dollop-like quality on the tongue, though. It just sat defiantly, awaiting my next move. The taste was really sweet & sugary, beyond simple maltiness, this was like dumping a bag of sugar into a pitcher with Kool-Aid mix, adding water and stirring. It was sugary & malty to the point of saturation. Having established that piece of the puzzle, the next thing to hit was its heat. As a previous reviewer remarked, at 15% ABV, this is up there with wine, or put otherwise, this is a 30 proof beer! Phew! They could have distilled this and no one would have been the wiser. I didn't really catch it until the finish, when my gullet suddenly lit up like I had swallowed barium. This leads me to my next aspect - it is a Sneaky Pete! The labeling cops to its intensity, but the taste gives nothing away initially, and then, out of nowhere, it comes with a rabbit punch to the fontanelle at the base of the neck, rendering one nearly unconscious! I consider myself a seasoned beer drinker, but this had an immediate, adverse effect on me. Why would they brew something this strong? It must render the average consumer crazy! The big takeaway on this, for me, was that it was not unpleasant (think Manjit & Ravinder Minhas products), making it just that much more dangerous. I felt no guilt or shame, just a creeping drunkenness that seemed to increase with every sip.

2.13/5  rDev -9.4%

A: 1.25/5 -- Poured a medium amber / burnt orange color. 1mm of light head before vanishing instantly, no lacing left whatsoever.

S: 1/5 -- Grape juice and candy corn stewing in a rusty can.

T: 0.5/5 -- Cheap chemical alcohol flavor, very sweet. Trying to discern specific flavors and struggling. Rotting grapes and dry raisins, hot garbage, sugar. Aftertaste is bad, but not as bad as initial flavor.

M: 1.25/5 -- Smooth, almost syrupy feel. Slight burn in the back of throat going down, fades quickly.

O: 1/5 -- $3 at 15% piqued my interest. Hadn't heard of brewery, and the label seemed promising. I was swindled. It's possibly one of the worst beverages I've ever had. I struggled through half of a 16.9oz bottle before finally dumping it, which I always try to avoid. I wonder if this is brewed as some kind of cruel joke. If I could go back and un-purchase it, I would. It's definitely crazy, so I guess mission accomplished.

3.24/5  rDev +37.9%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Pours a three finger white head that fades quickly leaving no lace. Almost clear, amber color. Medium carbonation and medium bodied. Slight grassy nose and flavor is a lot of caramel sweetness hiding the very high ABV. Strange, sweet bitter aftertaste. $4.80 for a 500ml bottle from Tully's Beer & Wine Wells, Me.

Crazy Brewski Imperial Pils from Rinkuškiai