Learn more about beer and save over 53% with a 3-year subscription.

Crazy Brewski Imperial Pils - Rinkuškiai

Crazy Brewski Imperial PilsCrazy Brewski Imperial Pils

Awaiting 10 Reviews

Rinkuškiai visit their website

Euro Strong Lager |  15.00% ABV

Beer added by: Drknight on 10-26-2013

Reviews by watermelon:
2.44/5  rDev +10.4%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 3 | overall: 2.5

16.9 oz bottle poured into a tulip glass. Purchased the single bottle for $3.50 at 15% I couldn't pass this up.

A: Orange-amber body with an off white one finger head. Some lacing as well as a ring of retention around the rim.

S: I mostly smell honey and malty sugar adjunct grains as well.

T: Carmel malts and booze. Lots of sugar

M: Thick and syrupy. Fair amount of heat as can be expected with a 15% beer. Its a bit hard to put down.

O: If you see it give it a shot. For $3 whats to lose? It wasn't awesome but it was better then I thought it would be.

2.25/5  rDev +1.8%

1.75/5  rDev -20.8%

1.52/5  rDev -31.2%

3.56/5  rDev +61.1%

2.06/5  rDev -6.8%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 1.75 | feel: 1.5 | overall: 2

L: Pours a deep golden color, that is a bit too dark for something marketed as a pils in my opinion, with a nice white head that dissipates into a very fine lace. The beer is very clear with some carbonation.

S: Very strong aromas of sweet caramel and alcohol. There is also a strange pungent smell underneath that I can't place. I'm searching for any hints of hops, but I can't find them behind the alcohol. Unless that weirdly pungent scent is the hops. Not very appealing unless you want to get drunk fast.

T: There is a sweet caramel flavor that is quickly swept away by a grain alcohol flavor. There is grassiness that I imagine is the hop flavor, but it isn't much. Ever wanted to depth charge a Märzen with a shot of everclear? This is your beer.

F: It even feels boozy. Usually I hold beer in my mouth for a few seconds to get more descriptions, but this one demands to go down quickly or it will burn your palate. It is thick and malty, but any lager crispness is overwhelmed by alcohol.

O: A friend gave me this as a solstice gift mostly for the label, ABV and the curiosity of Lithuanian beer. I texted him that it tasted like they channeled their Soviet oppression into a bottle. I'm going to stand by that. This doesn't live up to my hopes for an Imperial Pilsner and is the first beer I've had in the Euro Strong Lager category here. If you want to get drunk enough to forget about the cold, this beer will be there for you. If you to taste beer instead of booze, go elsewhere.

This beer was poured from a 16.9 oz bottle into a pint glass and inebriated me at apx 55F.

2.08/5  rDev -5.9%

3.5/5  rDev +58.4%

2.5/5  rDev +13.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

2.75/5  rDev +24.4%

So everyone of us who are rating this beer are doing so because we bought it because of the high ABV. At 15% this is almost as high as it gets but that's where the positives pretty much end. This beer has a putrid aroma. It smells rotten, I had to check the dates to make sure it was still drinkable. It poured a nice golden color, had way too much carbonation and a decent amount of lace. It is too sweet to enjoy and very acidic and pungent. Has a very strong and bitter taste similar to sulfur. While it is still better than a Bud Light, I would only recommend getting this for the novelty factory.

2.13/5  rDev -3.6%

A: 1.25/5 -- Poured a medium amber / burnt orange color. 1mm of light head before vanishing instantly, no lacing left whatsoever.

S: 1/5 -- Grape juice and candy corn stewing in a rusty can.

T: 0.5/5 -- Cheap chemical alcohol flavor, very sweet. Trying to discern specific flavors and struggling. Rotting grapes and dry raisins, hot garbage, sugar. Aftertaste is bad, but not as bad as initial flavor.

M: 1.25/5 -- Smooth, almost syrupy feel. Slight burn in the back of throat going down, fades quickly.

O: 1/5 -- $3 at 15% piqued my interest. Hadn't heard of brewery, and the label seemed promising. I was swindled. It's possibly one of the worst beverages I've ever had. I struggled through half of a 16.9oz bottle before finally dumping it, which I always try to avoid. I wonder if this is brewed as some kind of cruel joke. If I could go back and un-purchase it, I would. It's definitely crazy, so I guess mission accomplished.

3.24/5  rDev +46.6%
look: 3 | smell: 2.75 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.25

Pours a three finger white head that fades quickly leaving no lace. Almost clear, amber color. Medium carbonation and medium bodied. Slight grassy nose and flavor is a lot of caramel sweetness hiding the very high ABV. Strange, sweet bitter aftertaste. $4.80 for a 500ml bottle from Tully's Beer & Wine Wells, Me.

2.17/5  rDev -1.8%

No bueno. This was a mistake.

2.31/5  rDev +4.5%
look: 3.25 | smell: 2.25 | taste: 2.25 | feel: 2.25 | overall: 2.25

A: No head, no lacing on the crystal clear watery bronze body. No traces of bubbles either. Innocuous start, let's hope it stays that way.

S: Sweet malts are a thin veil to the alcohol behind it.

T: Nearly sweet fruit/malt, but with a very unappetizing chemical alcohol. The darkest, strongest stouts are 20x more drinkable than this.

M: Thin and oily.

O: Well, I survived. The beer did not: my first drainpour.

2.03/5  rDev -8.1%

As drinkable as a glass of discount whiskey

Crazy Brewski Imperial Pils from Rinkuškiai
- out of 100 based on 8 ratings.