Hello, is it beer you're looking for?

Lobster Lovers Beer - Rinkuškiai

Lobster Lovers BeerLobster Lovers Beer

Rinkuškiai visit their website

Euro Strong Lager |  9.50% ABV

Beer added by: letsgopens on 12-22-2007

Red Label
Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lobster Lovers Beer Alström Bros
3.28/5  rDev +13.9%
look: 2.75 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Pours a clear copper hued gold. Normal head volume, poor retention and lacing.

Light lager style nose with a touch of cherry, apple and grape over a very mild biscuit. Alcohol is evident.

Light medium body with a nice somewhat creamy texture. Below normal carbonation with very little effervescence in the finish.

The flavor profile is good, but is too focused on the alcohol. The complexity of the nose has to struggle to be noted in the middle. Also in the middle, a solid biscuit sweetness arrives to attempt balance, but falls short due to alcohol. Underneath, this is a quite tasty lager that could approach outstanding if the alcohol were reduced to manageable levels. Not bad by any means, but as it is, just good. If you like alcohol forward brews, this one just might be in your wheelhouse.

Fist off, I've played a lot of shows around the Cleveland, Ohio area. I get drink tickets and like to try new beers each time. I came across Lobster at my local Rieders here in concord Ohio. It was very cheap for $1.99 us, 9.5%. I have been hooked since only need a couple of these to last all night long.

Yes, I've heard the taste is strong or miserable, tastes like toilet water, bottle drained,for others online. I have to beg the differ. I tell people about lobster lovers all the time, give it away to friends, ect,.

It recently has risen in price to $2.49. (1pt .09oz) I'm hooked and will gladly pay it.

If this is considered an "ok" as far as taste to price for European standards, I'd like to try a better!

2.88/5  rDev 0%

Smells boozy and musty. Tastes the same, with hints of bread and banana, typical for the yeasts used in the Baltic states. I started drinking it too cold, but the second half of the bomber was poured into a room temperature glass and was quite a bit better. Thick full mouthfeel, feels like a triple. I wasn't sure what to expect from a beer with a huge lobster on the label, but my expectations were not high. Overall a decent beer but not one I'd choose again.

3.51/5  rDev +21.9%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Lobster Lovers Beer has a thick, foamy, yellowish-white head, lots of thick lacing, an enormous amount of bubbles, and a hazy, orange-gold appearance. The aroma is very strong and bracing- one gets super-sweet, alcohilic barley malt and candi sugar. Taste is of sickly-sweet barley malt, melted hard candy, alcohol, barley malt, and bread. Mouthfeel is heavy, and Lobster Lovers Beer finishes sweet, harsh, and minimally drinkable. But, even with all the harshness and the jarring experience, it is a good one, and I score it excellent.

2.2/5  rDev -23.6%

bottle into tulip

appearance: clear golden yellow, 1 finger white head

smell: butter, bready, booze, some notes of wet dog

taste: Alcohol, butter, maybe it's subconscious but this really tastes like lobster. Very warm and the alcohol lingers well into the aftertaste. NOt very refreshing, rather disgusting.

mouthfeel: not much carbonation, thin bodied

overall: Not something I would drink again, just really boozy version of a euro style lager, not very good. But for the ABV and price, it's not a bad option in that regard. With that said, this was my first drain pour.

2.83/5  rDev -1.7%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

Ok I originally gave this beer a 3 without a review. I have now tried it again and feel I need to change my original rating. Overall a low cost beer with such a high ABV is a good deal but I really do not enjoy the taste. My first taste on my second try felt overly carbonated. It's appearance looks almost like a slightly darker mass produced light beer. Hey it is not awful, it has a little good flavor and some not so good. I am not a beer snob or have an overly sophisticated palate but I know good from bad. Try it, you will get a buzz, but I can't say you will be thrilled OR turned off by it's taste. To each it's own.
I did drink this about a haf hour to hour after earlier completing a Victory Golden Monkey. The latter really stands out in comparison to this.
Try it though, I am curious what others think.

Maybe I will put it back to a 3 at some point as I still have four bottles left and want my wife to try,

1.46/5  rDev -49.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

After slamming down two Nugget Nectars I reached for the Lobster Lovers brew to continue the brew fest. Simply put I took one sip and drain poured this poison of a beer. It's as if the creators of this beer took all the lesser parts of S*%T beers to create the ultimate S*%T beer. I would have been better off drinking from the toilet then defiling my taste buds with this stagnant pool water!

Bottom Line: My drain is even complaining about the sewage that it was forced to endure!

3.7/5  rDev +28.5%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Poured from its 16.9 FL oz bottle with a nice and catchy wrapper into Weihenstephan Hefe glass. One more Lithuanian beer that deserted me just because i went for some exotic brew.

Pure golden color that is very clear. About one finger thick white colored head that fades very quickly to a thin layer. Decent lacing. Huge sized bubbles that are vigorously rising up.

I have little cold. Nose is less grain like and more malty. A lot of sweetness due to heavy malt effect. Apparent alcohol as well. Some booze that does come through. A very poor smell overall.

Taste has a lot more booze in it that is not welcome. Some malt sweetness as suggested by nose. May be some noble hop usage. A strong punching beer. Want to get drunk. Try this and drink it with your nose closed. Some minute grains are subdued by malt. Finish is slightly sweet to semi dry.

Light to slightly medium bodied. Moderate to slightly high carbonation. A little bit of astringency due to alcohol.

Style Rate: 4
Personal Rate: 3

1.87/5  rDev -35.1%

A: poured from a 500 ml bottle into a pint glass, pours a yellow straw color with a short loose white head that vanishes quickly leaving little lacing, clear

S: Pilsner like smells of grain and light hops, slight salty smell

T: absolutely awful train wreck of sticky sweet malt liquor, I'm going to have to chug to avoid the pain, has a terrible sweet cream corn flavor combined with a taste that reminds me of the way kerosene smells, this is a travesty of filthy flavor, hint of lobster head goo

M: Christ this is so bad, sticky sweet, way too much alcohol, no carbonation

O: I truly hope no one else has to experience how bad this beer tastes, looks and smells fooled me, if you find yourself in Lithuania needing a drink buy some vodka instead

1.54/5  rDev -46.5%

A - This odd artwork on the bottle caught my eye. A lobster on a girl's back? Girl with the lobster tattoo? Pours clear and dark yellow with a small white head and virtually no lace.

S - Pungent turpentine and isopropenol (the stuff your doc used to swab your arm before a shot) over a sickly sweet malt base.

T - I don't know what they are going for here with the lobster thing, but all I taste is potent malt liquor-esque brew. There is a salty sweetness that could sort of be a lobster flavor.... I've probably only had lobster twice in my life.

M - Sugary and dense in a dextriny way, but not really full bodied. Finishes chemically and boozy.

2.3/5  rDev -20.1%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Served from bottle into a Hair of the Dog tulip. Poured a golden yellow with a minimal white head. Maintained decent lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, corn, floral, grain, and fruit. The flavor was of sweet malt, corn, fruit, alcohol, grain, and floral. It had a light feel on the palate with medium-high carbonation. Overall this was a pretty below average brew. I bought this to amuse beeruser and funkydelic at GBX as they laughed when they suggest that I tick it. Phew! I now know why... The manager at Trappe Door described it as 'hot trash'. Not only does this thing not appeal to the palate, it does not do so for the eye either. I didn't know what to expect going into this one and there was honestly no way I could have prepared myself short of pounding a few 40's prior to this one. Just so harsh in flavors like nails on the chalkboard. Yeah guys, you got me good. Based on this one Lithuania should stick to whatever they are good at and leave beer alone in my opinion...

2.89/5  rDev +0.3%

The beer pours like crisp apple juice or piss with a quick firecracker head that disappears as fast as it appears leaving nothing. The beer smells very light with damp pils-like malts. There is some slight fruity character in the smell as well but it is very faint. The beer tastes very sweet with a candy-apple bite and a very light sweet finish. There is also a very strong butter-flavor traveling throughout this beer which is probably why it is called “Lobster Lovers” and is strange and smooth upon the mouth. The mouthfeel is super dry after it passes through the mouth but is very clean and slightly watery as it passes through with a light hint of sharp bubbles and a gelling feeling in the mouth. This is my first strong lager and I am quite interested with it. The heavier malt bill seems to give the lager a more ale-like than any lager I have consumed. The mouthfeel is the major downside of this beer, leaving you thirstier than before the sip, but the taste is quite intriguing though a little too sweet for my palate. This is an intriguing beer to say the least, but I’m not sure I’ll have it again.

3.26/5  rDev +13.2%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Served in a snifter glass.

Appearance: Definitely your darker gold, almost no bubbles on the body. The head is white maybe 1/4" and before I took a sip it settled to nothing.

Smell: It smells like nada, with a touch of hops.

Taste: You have a strong lager taste alright, with a strong alcohol feel right after each sip. Like a shot of vodka with it's taste, it is definitely likeable.

Mouth: Little sticky but easily memorable.

Overall: This beer will please everyone, yes i know it doesn't the greatest reviews but it is above satisfaction. Have one on me, Salud!

2.32/5  rDev -19.4%

I got a bottle of Rinkuškiai Alaus Darykloje's Lobster Lovers Beer that my brother brought back from his trip down south. I have had a couple different Lithuanian beers a while ago but they never turned out good and since I'm half Lithuanian I feel like I need to give their beers another chance, so lets see how it goes. No visible bottling date. Poured from a brown 16.9oz bottle into a Pilsener glass.

A- I really like the label on this beer, it looks good and it's really eye catching, nicely done. It poured a pretty clear golden yellow color that took on a bright orange tint when held to the light and it had three fingers worth of foam that faded to nothing pretty fast. This was a goof looking beer, but I would have liked better head retention.

S- Wow this is one sweet smelling beer. It starts out with tons of sweetness followed by a very apple juice like aroma. I also get some candied sugar and some more apples that smell tart and sour. At the end I picked up some alcohol that when combined with the apple cider aspect gives this beer an aroma that is very similar to a hard cider. I'm not impressed with the aroma, way too sweet and it smells more like a Hard Cider then a beer.

T- Unfortunately the taste is similar to the aroma. It starts off with a little bit of booze to greet you then right after that comes a large amount of very sweet malts that impart a thick molasses like flavor and an apple cider like flavor followed by a little more chemical like alcohol. The finish has a lighter amount of bitterness with a slight sweet and tangy taste and a sweet malt and slightly boozy aftertaste. I didn't enjoy the flavors of this beer, it was way to sweet and boozy with those flavors sticking out the most, not a fan.

M- Not too smooth, cloying, slightly dry, on the fuller side of being medium bodied, and it had a higher amount of carbonation. The mouthfeel was ok, but it was a little too cloying.

Overall I wasn't a fan of this beer and I thought it was a below average to average Euron Strong Lager, I haven't had this style before so I can't say for sure, but Beeradvocate says that the style is the European version of Malt Liquor, so I think this is right around average and tastes similar to some shitty Malt Liquors I have had. This beer didn't have good drinkability, it went down a little rough and it was boozy, I am glad I am splitting this bottle, I don't think I could drink it all by myself. What I liked most about this beer was the way it looked, it looked pretty nice in a Pilsener glass, the only flaw was the head retention. What I liked least about this beer was the aroma and taste, they wen't that good and were overly sweet and boozy. I wouldn't buy this beer again, if I wanted a beer that tasted like this I would save some money and just a buy a shitty can of Malt Liquor, I don't recommend this beer to anyone even Lithuanians. This was my first beer from this brewery and I wasn't a fan which didn't make for a good first impression. I have yet to find a decent tasting Lithuanian beer, but I haven't given up hope just yet... the search continues.

3.42/5  rDev +18.8%

500 ml bottle, 9.5% ABV, and a $2.49 price tag? That, my friends, is a recipe for success. (If we're defining success as 'getting drunk on the cheep'.)

Kudos on the nekkid chick, always a classy addition to any beer label. Once out of the bottle, though, looks pretty much like your standard fizzy yellow brew. Light gold with a fizzy, short-lived head and a steady bubbling of carbonation from underneath. A stray bubble or 2 sticks to the glass here and there.

Underneath the expected blast of alcohol and rough husky aromas are some surprising sweetly floral notes. Huge alcohol and sweetness- let this stuff warm at your peril- but it ain't half bad, really. Just keep in mind that this is basically a fancier Euro version of our malt liquor. Peppery and husky with a touch of honey to the malt profile. A touch more carbonation might improve drinkability a bit. For the price point, you could certainly do worse.

1.96/5  rDev -31.9%

Pours a clean deep yellow color with a white head. In the aroma, big alcohol, with small fruitiness mixed in there. In the taste, a small sweetness of fruit and a dry alcohol presence all the way through. An alcohol bite and a medium to lighter bodied mouthfeel, with a dry alcohol aftertaste. It took me a minute, but this would compliment lobster and butter really well, but as a beer on it's own, it is struggling.

3.23/5  rDev +12.2%

Poured from a bottle into a pint glass.

Look – golden color, clear, with good carbonation and little to no foam that develops.

Smell – very sweet smelling, almost like an apple juice. That’s really all I can get out of it, just a very sweet, syrupy smell.

Taste – very interesting taste, I haven’t tasted anything like it in a while, so it’s hard for me to compare. It’s sweet at first, but then there’s a bitterness that creeps in after a while. But it’s still not really very “bitter”.

Mouthfeel – pretty well balanced, but leans more toward the watery side.

Overall – not a bad brew at all, but at the same time not extremely intriguing either.

3.08/5  rDev +6.9%

A: Cloudy deep orange. Little head that audibly pops down to nothing pretty quick.

S: Apple, cinnamon, light fruits

T: Lingers on the back of the tongue. Lots of sweet followed by a long bitter malty tingle. I'm finding that Rinkuškiai brews tend to have very similar tastes and smells, with only ABV being the variant.

M: Harsh, with very little carbonation to tone it down. Tongue has been numbed.

O: I like the smell and flavor, but I'm much more inclined to prefer Werewolf from the same brewer. It seems that the higher the ABV in this series, the poorer the quality gets.

3.5/5  rDev +21.5%

Lobster Lovers Beer

Pours a clear, pale yellow with a bit of white soapy head. Smell of pale malt and a small malt sweetness. In the taste, big presence of euro pale malts, just a slight sweetness to a smooth creamy malt finish and some honey. Alcohol is pretty well hidden between a very euro pale malt flavor and mild herbal hops providing little bitterness. Deceptive in its strength, smooth, easy drinking, and rather light for a beer 9.5% ABV. Would have again, a very nice place to start.

Enjoyed this beer for the first time today. The beer had a pleasant aroma and went down smoothly. The ABV of this beer at 9.5 is better than average for what can be found locally and provides a nice kick even after one serving. I also liked the extra volume of beer in the bottle with 16.9 oz instead of the traditional 12 oz that you get with most beers.

2.94/5  rDev +2.1%

random exotic beer at my little corner grocery store. Maine= Lobster must have been the owners thinking. VERY cherry smell and almost no head on mine. alcohol became more prominent as I drank more and the last sip had allot of alcohol flavor on the mouth. overall very sweet and Malty would not buy again as I prefer hoppy beers but glad I tried it. 1 bottle gave me a buzz ( I must be getting old)

3.25/5  rDev +12.8%

Pours medium orange with no true head. Thee is a steady stream of bubbles, faint but there, rising. No lace.

Light sweet alcoholic malt in the nose. The booze is here.

Alcohol up front and stays there. Sweet thick maltiness, cut by chemical alcohol, with a light bitterness in the finish. I'm looking for the buttery edge to this one -- not really finding it. There is some creamy bready bit to this, but that is it.

Medium to medium full in the mouth, with the alcohol and light bubbles cutting through everything. It works.

I don't mind boozy brew with some real character. This is what it is. Sweet and boozy, this is beer to get wasted on. I cannot see this with food, nor can I see having more than one. Structure and quality are there -- no bitching here about that -- I just had a hard time getting this down.

3.62/5  rDev +25.7%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A pale yellow with thin white head that fades fast but leaves nice lacing. The smell is a sweet malty bomb of pilsner malt, honey, caramel, banana, and spice. The taste is malty, honey sweet, fruity, a bit cloying but the alcohol was hidden well. Creamy, full bodied and slightly syrupy. Interesting beer. Almost like a lighter version of Samiclaus. Too sweet for me.

2.78/5  rDev -3.5%

Thanks to Kirk (Florida9) for sending me this in Round #5 of the Blind Beer BIF.

Blind #2
Light / High / Pint

Extremely clear golden yellow. This beer is so clear it looks like a lager. Not much going on in the nose, pilsner malt, touch of honey, banana, clove.

EKG and saaz hops. Taste is fairly hot abv, cloylingly sweet as it warms up. Very large estery presence.

Moderately light body with a slight buttery feel on the finish.

Guessing German style lager,maibock or pale bock?

Reveal is Lobster Lover's Beer from Rinkuskiai in Lithuania. Very interesting curve ball.

3.35/5  rDev +16.3%

This beer pours a clear golden color with little head, no lacing or retention. The aroma has notes of floral hops and honey. The taste is strong with honey and also floral hops. The mouthfeel is average with some over carbonation. Overall worth a try... It may be your thing.

Lobster Lovers Beer from Rinkuškiai