Lobster Lovers Beer - Rinkuškiai Alaus Darykloje

Rinkuškiai Alaus Darykloje visit their website
Lithuania

Euro Strong Lager |  9.50% ABV

Red Label

(Beer added by: letsgopens on 12-22-2007)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lobster Lovers Beer Alström Bros

bowlerjoe2, Apr 01, 2012
1.1/5  rDev -61.8%

"Grab it by the claws!" Wow, 2 dollar pint of 9.5% abv let's get fucked up Lithuanian beer. Pours a deep semi viscous golden orange sunrise hue with a bright quickly dwindling white head. Thin scattered lacing between sips. Aroma is sweet honey tones, green apples, mineral water, barley husks with some cooked creamed corn. Flavor this is malt liquor it might as well come in a forty ounce bottle. Super cloying mess of a beer, just not acceptable. More green apple with honey bursts of gag reflux sweetness, cooked veggies and a bit of rust or penny sucking sensations. Mouthfeel is so bad I can't really stand taking a big gulp it's offensive. Medium bodied cloying mess with residual sugars clouding the palate, it's so bad it's making my head twitch with each sip. Drinkability, I don't think so drain pour, but it was worth the fun.

WVbeergeek, Mar 25, 2010
1.43/5  rDev -50.3%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

After slamming down two Nugget Nectars I reached for the Lobster Lovers brew to continue the brew fest. Simply put I took one sip and drain poured this poison of a beer. It's as if the creators of this beer took all the lesser parts of S*%T beers to create the ultimate S*%T beer. I would have been better off drinking from the toilet then defiling my taste buds with this stagnant pool water!

Bottom Line: My drain is even complaining about the sewage that it was forced to endure!

themind, Feb 13, 2013

crowsnest, Dec 01, 2013

Mphis, Jul 14, 2013
1.5/5  rDev -47.9%

I wonder what the hell this label means. A naked chick with a giant lobster on her back. I wish there was a story on the bottle or something. Anyway, it pours out a cloudy brass color and has a dense foamy off-white head. Smells awful. I swear to god I can pick up a hint of Limburger cheese and that's about the last odor you want coming from your beer. Musty like a urine soaked diaper stench exists as well. Old grain. Just awful! I'm switching from a 1.5 to a 1.0 for the smell. Every time I sniff again it gets worse. The taste is ruined by the smell. Those terrible aromas are detected in the flavor also but there's a also a sweet grainy element that improves this whole experience ever so slightly. Did they boil some lobster then use the same water for the brewing process? Appearance and mouthfeel are the only things going for this disaster-of-a-beer. This is the worst beer I've had in a while. I'm choking it down.

berserker256, Jan 01, 2010
1.55/5  rDev -46.2%

Pours a clear golden color with a fairly thick, white colored head.

Basically smells like a cheap malt liquor. That sickly sweet aroma curdles the stomach and then to top it off there is an overwhelming alcohol presence, this does not bode well.

Wow, the flavor is absolutely horrible. I praise the goodness that is BMC in comparison to this beer. Horribly, cloyingly sweet, with a disgusting husky graininess, that ends with a very hot, alcohol burn.

Just a nasty syrupy texture to the beer, with little to no carbonation. Overall one of the worst beers I've ever had. I hate to do it, but this was a definite drain pour. Too much GOOD beer out there to drink, for me to waste a buzz/calories on this swill.

**** Over a year later (11-23-10). I just threw up in my mouth a little, while thinking about this beer. Whew.

Soneast, Sep 27, 2009
1.58/5  rDev -45.1%

A - This odd artwork on the bottle caught my eye. A lobster on a girl's back? Girl with the lobster tattoo? Pours clear and dark yellow with a small white head and virtually no lace.

S - Pungent turpentine and isopropenol (the stuff your doc used to swab your arm before a shot) over a sickly sweet malt base.

T - I don't know what they are going for here with the lobster thing, but all I taste is potent malt liquor-esque brew. There is a salty sweetness that could sort of be a lobster flavor.... I've probably only had lobster twice in my life.

M - Sugary and dense in a dextriny way, but not really full bodied. Finishes chemically and boozy.

Pass.

pmcadamis, Nov 18, 2012

Mrose78, Feb 09, 2014
1.75/5  rDev -39.2%

A: poured from a 500 ml bottle into a pint glass, pours a yellow straw color with a short loose white head that vanishes quickly leaving little lacing, clear

S: Pilsner like smells of grain and light hops, slight salty smell

T: absolutely awful train wreck of sticky sweet malt liquor, I'm going to have to chug to avoid the pain, has a terrible sweet cream corn flavor combined with a taste that reminds me of the way kerosene smells, this is a travesty of filthy flavor, hint of lobster head goo

M: Christ this is so bad, sticky sweet, way too much alcohol, no carbonation

O: I truly hope no one else has to experience how bad this beer tastes, looks and smells fooled me, if you find yourself in Lithuania needing a drink buy some vodka instead

M_C_Hampton, Jan 08, 2013

slimpickens101, Jun 28, 2013
1.95/5  rDev -32.3%

Pours a clean deep yellow color with a white head. In the aroma, big alcohol, with small fruitiness mixed in there. In the taste, a small sweetness of fruit and a dry alcohol presence all the way through. An alcohol bite and a medium to lighter bodied mouthfeel, with a dry alcohol aftertaste. It took me a minute, but this would compliment lobster and butter really well, but as a beer on it's own, it is struggling.

OWSLEY069, Jan 02, 2012

the1stfo, Oct 02, 2013

GRG1313, Aug 06, 2014

Cloaked_Phantom, Jan 01, 2014

JohnBender, Dec 26, 2012

Hopheadjeffery, Jun 19, 2013

EvanWilliams, Feb 05, 2012

This beer started off O.K., as I served it very cold. In the mouth, I thought the alcohol was well blended and nothing really jumped out - slight citrus and sweet flavors. However, the finish, especially as it grew less cold, became more and more offensive. Highly alcoholic finish. However, I won't be getting another.

stoutman, Dec 18, 2010

TheBeerAlmanac, Apr 29, 2013

Unchi, Jan 16, 2012
2.03/5  rDev -29.5%

pours a clear light amber with a thin white head that dissipates rapidly, and okay lacing.

smell is faint, grain, light malt, and earth.

taste is thick, sweet malt, some caramel, grain, slight skunky aftertaste, no taste of alcohol with a 9.5%, ends sweet.

froghop, Apr 18, 2009
2.1/5  rDev -27.1%

I had to buy this beer given the most unusual label. I was also amazed at the 9.5% abv when I inspected the fine print on the bottle.

Poured hard into a pint glass. No head and little carbonation. Slightly yellow orangish color surprised me as I was expecting a very pale lager. Smell was sickly sweet and made me dread the first sip.

Medium light body with sweet aftertaste. The first few sips were detestable. I was surprised how the alcohol was masked though. Also, not very bitter. As I got half way through the beer, the drinkability improved drastically. I would say the first sip was a 1.0 and the last sip was around a 3.

Love the label! I think my first Lithuanian beer.

nniicckkww, Nov 23, 2010
2.17/5  rDev -24.7%

Drinking this beer makes me ask a few questions. Why did I buy this? Why did they make a lager this strong that tastes like horrible cheap American booze beer? How can I help prevent others from making this error?

What also worries me is that I bought something else by this brewer. I will make sure I have had several others before I try it (to dull the pain). This was a bad purchase.

I think it is the nasty malty flavor not balanced by decent hops that makes this taste so bad. I don't get the almost sexy label (or name, for that matter) either.

schoolboy, Jun 27, 2010
2.18/5  rDev -24.3%

bottle into tulip

appearance: clear golden yellow, 1 finger white head

smell: butter, bready, booze, some notes of wet dog

taste: Alcohol, butter, maybe it's subconscious but this really tastes like lobster. Very warm and the alcohol lingers well into the aftertaste. NOt very refreshing, rather disgusting.

mouthfeel: not much carbonation, thin bodied

overall: Not something I would drink again, just really boozy version of a euro style lager, not very good. But for the ABV and price, it's not a bad option in that regard. With that said, this was my first drain pour.

Roman5150, Jul 15, 2013