Lobster Lovers Beer - Rinkuškiai Alaus Darykloje

Rinkuškiai Alaus Darykloje visit their website
Lithuania

Euro Strong Lager |  9.50% ABV

Red Label

(Beer added by: letsgopens on 12-22-2007)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lobster Lovers Beer Alström Bros
3.5/5  rDev +21.1%
look: 4 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.5

Lobster Lovers Beer has a thick, foamy, yellowish-white head, lots of thick lacing, an enormous amount of bubbles, and a hazy, orange-gold appearance. The aroma is very strong and bracing- one gets super-sweet, alcohilic barley malt and candi sugar. Taste is of sickly-sweet barley malt, melted hard candy, alcohol, barley malt, and bread. Mouthfeel is heavy, and Lobster Lovers Beer finishes sweet, harsh, and minimally drinkable. But, even with all the harshness and the jarring experience, it is a good one, and I score it excellent.

RJT

3.25/5  rDev +12.5%

2.18/5  rDev -24.6%

bottle into tulip

appearance: clear golden yellow, 1 finger white head

smell: butter, bready, booze, some notes of wet dog

taste: Alcohol, butter, maybe it's subconscious but this really tastes like lobster. Very warm and the alcohol lingers well into the aftertaste. NOt very refreshing, rather disgusting.

mouthfeel: not much carbonation, thin bodied

overall: Not something I would drink again, just really boozy version of a euro style lager, not very good. But for the ABV and price, it's not a bad option in that regard. With that said, this was my first drain pour.

1.5/5  rDev -48.1%

2.8/5  rDev -3.1%
look: 3 | smell: 3 | taste: 2.5 | feel: 2.75 | overall: 3.25

Ok I originally gave this beer a 3 without a review. I have now tried it again and feel I need to change my original rating. Overall a low cost beer with such a high ABV is a good deal but I really do not enjoy the taste. My first taste on my second try felt overly carbonated. It's appearance looks almost like a slightly darker mass produced light beer. Hey it is not awful, it has a little good flavor and some not so good. I am not a beer snob or have an overly sophisticated palate but I know good from bad. Try it, you will get a buzz, but I can't say you will be thrilled OR turned off by it's taste. To each it's own.
I did drink this about a haf hour to hour after earlier completing a Victory Golden Monkey. The latter really stands out in comparison to this.
Try it though, I am curious what others think.

Maybe I will put it back to a 3 at some point as I still have four bottles left and want my wife to try,

1.75/5  rDev -39.4%

3.25/5  rDev +12.5%

2.5/5  rDev -13.5%

1.43/5  rDev -50.5%
look: 2.75 | smell: 1.75 | taste: 1.25 | feel: 1.25 | overall: 1.25

After slamming down two Nugget Nectars I reached for the Lobster Lovers brew to continue the brew fest. Simply put I took one sip and drain poured this poison of a beer. It's as if the creators of this beer took all the lesser parts of S*%T beers to create the ultimate S*%T beer. I would have been better off drinking from the toilet then defiling my taste buds with this stagnant pool water!

Bottom Line: My drain is even complaining about the sewage that it was forced to endure!

3.7/5  rDev +28%
look: 4.25 | smell: 3.5 | taste: 3.75 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.75

Poured from its 16.9 FL oz bottle with a nice and catchy wrapper into Weihenstephan Hefe glass. One more Lithuanian beer that deserted me just because i went for some exotic brew.

Pure golden color that is very clear. About one finger thick white colored head that fades very quickly to a thin layer. Decent lacing. Huge sized bubbles that are vigorously rising up.

I have little cold. Nose is less grain like and more malty. A lot of sweetness due to heavy malt effect. Apparent alcohol as well. Some booze that does come through. A very poor smell overall.

Taste has a lot more booze in it that is not welcome. Some malt sweetness as suggested by nose. May be some noble hop usage. A strong punching beer. Want to get drunk. Try this and drink it with your nose closed. Some minute grains are subdued by malt. Finish is slightly sweet to semi dry.

Light to slightly medium bodied. Moderate to slightly high carbonation. A little bit of astringency due to alcohol.

Style Rate: 4