Lobster Lovers Beer - Rinkuškiai Alaus Darykloje

Rinkuškiai Alaus Darykloje visit their website
Lithuania

Euro Strong Lager |  9.50% ABV

Red Label

(Beer added by: letsgopens on 12-22-2007)
View: Beers (32) |  Events
Sort by:  Latest | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lobster Lovers Beer Alström Bros
Maxwell

2.9/5  rDev +0.7%

The beer pours like crisp apple juice or piss with a quick firecracker head that disappears as fast as it appears leaving nothing. The beer smells very light with damp pils-like malts. There is some slight fruity character in the smell as well but it is very faint. The beer tastes very sweet with a candy-apple bite and a very light sweet finish. There is also a very strong butter-flavor traveling throughout this beer which is probably why it is called “Lobster Lovers” and is strange and smooth upon the mouth. The mouthfeel is super dry after it passes through the mouth but is very clean and slightly watery as it passes through with a light hint of sharp bubbles and a gelling feeling in the mouth. This is my first strong lager and I am quite interested with it. The heavier malt bill seems to give the lager a more ale-like than any lager I have consumed. The mouthfeel is the major downside of this beer, leaving you thirstier than before the sip, but the taste is quite intriguing though a little too sweet for my palate. This is an intriguing beer to say the least, but I’m not sure I’ll have it again.

08-03-2012 23:45:23 | More by Maxwell
BlurryVisi0n

3.3/5  rDev +14.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Served in a snifter glass.

Appearance: Definitely your darker gold, almost no bubbles on the body. The head is white maybe 1/4" and before I took a sip it settled to nothing.

Smell: It smells like nada, with a touch of hops.

Taste: You have a strong lager taste alright, with a strong alcohol feel right after each sip. Like a shot of vodka with it's taste, it is definitely likeable.

Mouth: Little sticky but easily memorable.

Overall: This beer will please everyone, yes i know it doesn't the greatest reviews but it is above satisfaction. Have one on me, Salud!

08-03-2012 05:33:50 | More by BlurryVisi0n
StoutHunter

2.3/5  rDev -20.1%

I got a bottle of Rinkuškiai Alaus Darykloje's Lobster Lovers Beer that my brother brought back from his trip down south. I have had a couple different Lithuanian beers a while ago but they never turned out good and since I'm half Lithuanian I feel like I need to give their beers another chance, so lets see how it goes. No visible bottling date. Poured from a brown 16.9oz bottle into a Pilsener glass.

A- I really like the label on this beer, it looks good and it's really eye catching, nicely done. It poured a pretty clear golden yellow color that took on a bright orange tint when held to the light and it had three fingers worth of foam that faded to nothing pretty fast. This was a goof looking beer, but I would have liked better head retention.

S- Wow this is one sweet smelling beer. It starts out with tons of sweetness followed by a very apple juice like aroma. I also get some candied sugar and some more apples that smell tart and sour. At the end I picked up some alcohol that when combined with the apple cider aspect gives this beer an aroma that is very similar to a hard cider. I'm not impressed with the aroma, way too sweet and it smells more like a Hard Cider then a beer.

T- Unfortunately the taste is similar to the aroma. It starts off with a little bit of booze to greet you then right after that comes a large amount of very sweet malts that impart a thick molasses like flavor and an apple cider like flavor followed by a little more chemical like alcohol. The finish has a lighter amount of bitterness with a slight sweet and tangy taste and a sweet malt and slightly boozy aftertaste. I didn't enjoy the flavors of this beer, it was way to sweet and boozy with those flavors sticking out the most, not a fan.

M- Not too smooth, cloying, slightly dry, on the fuller side of being medium bodied, and it had a higher amount of carbonation. The mouthfeel was ok, but it was a little too cloying.

Overall I wasn't a fan of this beer and I thought it was a below average to average Euron Strong Lager, I haven't had this style before so I can't say for sure, but Beeradvocate says that the style is the European version of Malt Liquor, so I think this is right around average and tastes similar to some shitty Malt Liquors I have had. This beer didn't have good drinkability, it went down a little rough and it was boozy, I am glad I am splitting this bottle, I don't think I could drink it all by myself. What I liked most about this beer was the way it looked, it looked pretty nice in a Pilsener glass, the only flaw was the head retention. What I liked least about this beer was the aroma and taste, they wen't that good and were overly sweet and boozy. I wouldn't buy this beer again, if I wanted a beer that tasted like this I would save some money and just a buy a shitty can of Malt Liquor, I don't recommend this beer to anyone even Lithuanians. This was my first beer from this brewery and I wasn't a fan which didn't make for a good first impression. I have yet to find a decent tasting Lithuanian beer, but I haven't given up hope just yet... the search continues.

04-24-2012 03:50:20 | More by StoutHunter

03-11-2012 06:54:19 | More by mvforegonian
PDXHops

South Carolina

3.43/5  rDev +19.1%

500 ml bottle, 9.5% ABV, and a $2.49 price tag? That, my friends, is a recipe for success. (If we're defining success as 'getting drunk on the cheep'.)

Kudos on the nekkid chick, always a classy addition to any beer label. Once out of the bottle, though, looks pretty much like your standard fizzy yellow brew. Light gold with a fizzy, short-lived head and a steady bubbling of carbonation from underneath. A stray bubble or 2 sticks to the glass here and there.

Underneath the expected blast of alcohol and rough husky aromas are some surprising sweetly floral notes. Huge alcohol and sweetness- let this stuff warm at your peril- but it ain't half bad, really. Just keep in mind that this is basically a fancier Euro version of our malt liquor. Peppery and husky with a touch of honey to the malt profile. A touch more carbonation might improve drinkability a bit. For the price point, you could certainly do worse.

03-03-2012 18:16:19 | More by PDXHops

Unchi

01-16-2012 05:10:58 | More by Unchi
OWSLEY069

1.95/5  rDev -32.3%

Pours a clean deep yellow color with a white head. In the aroma, big alcohol, with small fruitiness mixed in there. In the taste, a small sweetness of fruit and a dry alcohol presence all the way through. An alcohol bite and a medium to lighter bodied mouthfeel, with a dry alcohol aftertaste. It took me a minute, but this would compliment lobster and butter really well, but as a beer on it's own, it is struggling.

01-02-2012 14:38:01 | More by OWSLEY069
JohnK17

12-24-2011 17:37:02 | More by JohnK17
Nerudamann

3.25/5  rDev +12.8%

Poured from a bottle into a pint glass.

Look – golden color, clear, with good carbonation and little to no foam that develops.

Smell – very sweet smelling, almost like an apple juice. That’s really all I can get out of it, just a very sweet, syrupy smell.

Taste – very interesting taste, I haven’t tasted anything like it in a while, so it’s hard for me to compare. It’s sweet at first, but then there’s a bitterness that creeps in after a while. But it’s still not really very “bitter”.

Mouthfeel – pretty well balanced, but leans more toward the watery side.

Overall – not a bad brew at all, but at the same time not extremely intriguing either.

11-05-2011 19:08:08 | More by Nerudamann
bluHatter

3.05/5  rDev +5.9%

A: Cloudy deep orange. Little head that audibly pops down to nothing pretty quick.

S: Apple, cinnamon, light fruits

T: Lingers on the back of the tongue. Lots of sweet followed by a long bitter malty tingle. I'm finding that Rinkuškiai brews tend to have very similar tastes and smells, with only ABV being the variant.

M: Harsh, with very little carbonation to tone it down. Tongue has been numbed.

O: I like the smell and flavor, but I'm much more inclined to prefer Werewolf from the same brewer. It seems that the higher the ABV in this series, the poorer the quality gets.

10-01-2011 05:48:22 | More by bluHatter
Stinkypuss

3.5/5  rDev +21.5%

Lobster Lovers Beer

Pours a clear, pale yellow with a bit of white soapy head. Smell of pale malt and a small malt sweetness. In the taste, big presence of euro pale malts, just a slight sweetness to a smooth creamy malt finish and some honey. Alcohol is pretty well hidden between a very euro pale malt flavor and mild herbal hops providing little bitterness. Deceptive in its strength, smooth, easy drinking, and rather light for a beer 9.5% ABV. Would have again, a very nice place to start.

09-26-2011 04:25:46 | More by Stinkypuss
kdm1112

Tennessee

Enjoyed this beer for the first time today. The beer had a pleasant aroma and went down smoothly. The ABV of this beer at 9.5 is better than average for what can be found locally and provides a nice kick even after one serving. I also liked the extra volume of beer in the bottle with 16.9 oz instead of the traditional 12 oz that you get with most beers.

09-09-2011 20:11:29 | More by kdm1112
Skarod

Maine

2.88/5  rDev 0%

random exotic beer at my little corner grocery store. Maine= Lobster must have been the owners thinking. VERY cherry smell and almost no head on mine. alcohol became more prominent as I drank more and the last sip had allot of alcohol flavor on the mouth. overall very sweet and Malty would not buy again as I prefer hoppy beers but glad I tried it. 1 bottle gave me a buzz ( I must be getting old)

07-08-2011 18:45:16 | More by Skarod
OtherShoe2

3.23/5  rDev +12.2%

Pours medium orange with no true head. Thee is a steady stream of bubbles, faint but there, rising. No lace.

Light sweet alcoholic malt in the nose. The booze is here.

Alcohol up front and stays there. Sweet thick maltiness, cut by chemical alcohol, with a light bitterness in the finish. I'm looking for the buttery edge to this one -- not really finding it. There is some creamy bready bit to this, but that is it.

Medium to medium full in the mouth, with the alcohol and light bubbles cutting through everything. It works.

I don't mind boozy brew with some real character. This is what it is. Sweet and boozy, this is beer to get wasted on. I cannot see this with food, nor can I see having more than one. Structure and quality are there -- no bitching here about that -- I just had a hard time getting this down.

06-18-2011 00:31:15 | More by OtherShoe2
JayS2629

Alabama

3.6/5  rDev +25%
look: 3.5 | smell: 4 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

A pale yellow with thin white head that fades fast but leaves nice lacing. The smell is a sweet malty bomb of pilsner malt, honey, caramel, banana, and spice. The taste is malty, honey sweet, fruity, a bit cloying but the alcohol was hidden well. Creamy, full bodied and slightly syrupy. Interesting beer. Almost like a lighter version of Samiclaus. Too sweet for me.

06-16-2011 15:38:25 | More by JayS2629
neorunner

2.75/5  rDev -4.5%

Thanks to Kirk (Florida9) for sending me this in Round #5 of the Blind Beer BIF.

Blind #2
Light / High / Pint

Extremely clear golden yellow. This beer is so clear it looks like a lager. Not much going on in the nose, pilsner malt, touch of honey, banana, clove.

EKG and saaz hops. Taste is fairly hot abv, cloylingly sweet as it warms up. Very large estery presence.

Moderately light body with a slight buttery feel on the finish.

Guessing German style lager,maibock or pale bock?

Reveal is Lobster Lover's Beer from Rinkuskiai in Lithuania. Very interesting curve ball.

06-04-2011 17:33:42 | More by neorunner
csiewert

3.35/5  rDev +16.3%

This beer pours a clear golden color with little head, no lacing or retention. The aroma has notes of floral hops and honey. The taste is strong with honey and also floral hops. The mouthfeel is average with some over carbonation. Overall worth a try... It may be your thing.

04-30-2011 03:42:28 | More by csiewert
Knapp85

2.45/5  rDev -14.9%

This beer poured out with a typical yellow color with a white fizzy head on it. Lots of bubbles rising in this one but the head fades away and doesn't leave much lacing at all. The smell is pretty much like any other lager out there. The taste is stronger than I expected. a decent amount of flavors in there but nothing that really makes it taste good to me. The mouthfeel is pretty light and the ABV will run its course quickly if you let it. I can't see myself drinking these back to back though.

04-25-2011 02:12:12 | More by Knapp85
daliandragon

2.88/5  rDev 0%

Okay, so the appearance has to be discussed, correct? Big half litre bottle with a lobster "comforting" a nude female. Huh? The back label asks "Has life ever snapped at you?" and suggests that you "Grab it by the claws!". Words don't do this justice. The fact that it is odd, coma inducing Lithuanian swill that we're discussing here just adds to the tasty strangeness.

Anyhoo, clear dark yellow hue with no head or bubbles or anything. Nose is sweet and boozy with a touch of dark fruit. Taste is heavily malty and sweet and has all the subtlety of a bazooka. The lesson here is clearly to get blackout drunk as quickly as possible and get some tender stuff from a ruddy crustacean. The texture is thin and the finish is reasonably clean given the metric. Not something to hunt for, but if you find it, feel like getting shitefaced and are in the mood for seafood, you're in luck, or something...

04-23-2011 02:37:20 | More by daliandragon