Lobster Lovers Beer - Rinkuškiai Alaus Darykloje

Rinkuškiai Alaus Darykloje visit their website
Lithuania

Euro Strong Lager |  9.50% ABV

Red Label

(Beer added by: letsgopens on 12-22-2007)
Sort by:  Usefulness | Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Lobster Lovers Beer Alström Bros

grahamboudreaux, Dec 19, 2012
3.75/5  rDev +30.2%

mwar, Nov 27, 2012
1.58/5  rDev -45.1%

A - This odd artwork on the bottle caught my eye. A lobster on a girl's back? Girl with the lobster tattoo? Pours clear and dark yellow with a small white head and virtually no lace.

S - Pungent turpentine and isopropenol (the stuff your doc used to swab your arm before a shot) over a sickly sweet malt base.

T - I don't know what they are going for here with the lobster thing, but all I taste is potent malt liquor-esque brew. There is a salty sweetness that could sort of be a lobster flavor.... I've probably only had lobster twice in my life.

M - Sugary and dense in a dextriny way, but not really full bodied. Finishes chemically and boozy.

Pass.

pmcadamis, Nov 18, 2012

foxyaardvark27, Oct 19, 2012

scantonio, Oct 06, 2012
2.28/5  rDev -20.8%
look: 2.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 2 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 2.5

Served from bottle into a Hair of the Dog tulip. Poured a golden yellow with a minimal white head. Maintained decent lacing throughout the glass. The aroma was comprised of sweet malt, corn, floral, grain, and fruit. The flavor was of sweet malt, corn, fruit, alcohol, grain, and floral. It had a light feel on the palate with medium-high carbonation. Overall this was a pretty below average brew. I bought this to amuse beeruser and funkydelic at GBX as they laughed when they suggest that I tick it. Phew! I now know why... The manager at Trappe Door described it as 'hot trash'. Not only does this thing not appeal to the palate, it does not do so for the eye either. I didn't know what to expect going into this one and there was honestly no way I could have prepared myself short of pounding a few 40's prior to this one. Just so harsh in flavors like nails on the chalkboard. Yeah guys, you got me good. Based on this one Lithuania should stick to whatever they are good at and leave beer alone in my opinion...

thagr81us, Aug 07, 2012
2.9/5  rDev +0.7%

The beer pours like crisp apple juice or piss with a quick firecracker head that disappears as fast as it appears leaving nothing. The beer smells very light with damp pils-like malts. There is some slight fruity character in the smell as well but it is very faint. The beer tastes very sweet with a candy-apple bite and a very light sweet finish. There is also a very strong butter-flavor traveling throughout this beer which is probably why it is called “Lobster Lovers” and is strange and smooth upon the mouth. The mouthfeel is super dry after it passes through the mouth but is very clean and slightly watery as it passes through with a light hint of sharp bubbles and a gelling feeling in the mouth. This is my first strong lager and I am quite interested with it. The heavier malt bill seems to give the lager a more ale-like than any lager I have consumed. The mouthfeel is the major downside of this beer, leaving you thirstier than before the sip, but the taste is quite intriguing though a little too sweet for my palate. This is an intriguing beer to say the least, but I’m not sure I’ll have it again.

Maxwell, Aug 04, 2012
3.3/5  rDev +14.6%
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3.5 | feel: 3.5 | overall: 3.5

Served in a snifter glass.

Appearance: Definitely your darker gold, almost no bubbles on the body. The head is white maybe 1/4" and before I took a sip it settled to nothing.

Smell: It smells like nada, with a touch of hops.

Taste: You have a strong lager taste alright, with a strong alcohol feel right after each sip. Like a shot of vodka with it's taste, it is definitely likeable.

Mouth: Little sticky but easily memorable.

Overall: This beer will please everyone, yes i know it doesn't the greatest reviews but it is above satisfaction. Have one on me, Salud!

BlurryVisi0n, Aug 03, 2012
2.3/5  rDev -20.1%

I got a bottle of Rinkuškiai Alaus Darykloje's Lobster Lovers Beer that my brother brought back from his trip down south. I have had a couple different Lithuanian beers a while ago but they never turned out good and since I'm half Lithuanian I feel like I need to give their beers another chance, so lets see how it goes. No visible bottling date. Poured from a brown 16.9oz bottle into a Pilsener glass.

A- I really like the label on this beer, it looks good and it's really eye catching, nicely done. It poured a pretty clear golden yellow color that took on a bright orange tint when held to the light and it had three fingers worth of foam that faded to nothing pretty fast. This was a goof looking beer, but I would have liked better head retention.

S- Wow this is one sweet smelling beer. It starts out with tons of sweetness followed by a very apple juice like aroma. I also get some candied sugar and some more apples that smell tart and sour. At the end I picked up some alcohol that when combined with the apple cider aspect gives this beer an aroma that is very similar to a hard cider. I'm not impressed with the aroma, way too sweet and it smells more like a Hard Cider then a beer.

T- Unfortunately the taste is similar to the aroma. It starts off with a little bit of booze to greet you then right after that comes a large amount of very sweet malts that impart a thick molasses like flavor and an apple cider like flavor followed by a little more chemical like alcohol. The finish has a lighter amount of bitterness with a slight sweet and tangy taste and a sweet malt and slightly boozy aftertaste. I didn't enjoy the flavors of this beer, it was way to sweet and boozy with those flavors sticking out the most, not a fan.

M- Not too smooth, cloying, slightly dry, on the fuller side of being medium bodied, and it had a higher amount of carbonation. The mouthfeel was ok, but it was a little too cloying.

Overall I wasn't a fan of this beer and I thought it was a below average to average Euron Strong Lager, I haven't had this style before so I can't say for sure, but Beeradvocate says that the style is the European version of Malt Liquor, so I think this is right around average and tastes similar to some shitty Malt Liquors I have had. This beer didn't have good drinkability, it went down a little rough and it was boozy, I am glad I am splitting this bottle, I don't think I could drink it all by myself. What I liked most about this beer was the way it looked, it looked pretty nice in a Pilsener glass, the only flaw was the head retention. What I liked least about this beer was the aroma and taste, they wen't that good and were overly sweet and boozy. I wouldn't buy this beer again, if I wanted a beer that tasted like this I would save some money and just a buy a shitty can of Malt Liquor, I don't recommend this beer to anyone even Lithuanians. This was my first beer from this brewery and I wasn't a fan which didn't make for a good first impression. I have yet to find a decent tasting Lithuanian beer, but I haven't given up hope just yet... the search continues.

StoutHunter, Apr 24, 2012

bowlerjoe2, Apr 01, 2012
2.5/5  rDev -13.2%

mvforegonian, Mar 11, 2012
3.43/5  rDev +19.1%

500 ml bottle, 9.5% ABV, and a $2.49 price tag? That, my friends, is a recipe for success. (If we're defining success as 'getting drunk on the cheep'.)

Kudos on the nekkid chick, always a classy addition to any beer label. Once out of the bottle, though, looks pretty much like your standard fizzy yellow brew. Light gold with a fizzy, short-lived head and a steady bubbling of carbonation from underneath. A stray bubble or 2 sticks to the glass here and there.

Underneath the expected blast of alcohol and rough husky aromas are some surprising sweetly floral notes. Huge alcohol and sweetness- let this stuff warm at your peril- but it ain't half bad, really. Just keep in mind that this is basically a fancier Euro version of our malt liquor. Peppery and husky with a touch of honey to the malt profile. A touch more carbonation might improve drinkability a bit. For the price point, you could certainly do worse.

PDXHops, Mar 03, 2012

LJWalker, Feb 06, 2012

EvanWilliams, Feb 05, 2012

Unchi, Jan 16, 2012
1.95/5  rDev -32.3%

Pours a clean deep yellow color with a white head. In the aroma, big alcohol, with small fruitiness mixed in there. In the taste, a small sweetness of fruit and a dry alcohol presence all the way through. An alcohol bite and a medium to lighter bodied mouthfeel, with a dry alcohol aftertaste. It took me a minute, but this would compliment lobster and butter really well, but as a beer on it's own, it is struggling.

OWSLEY069, Jan 02, 2012

JohnK17, Dec 24, 2011
3.25/5  rDev +12.8%

Poured from a bottle into a pint glass.

Look – golden color, clear, with good carbonation and little to no foam that develops.

Smell – very sweet smelling, almost like an apple juice. That’s really all I can get out of it, just a very sweet, syrupy smell.

Taste – very interesting taste, I haven’t tasted anything like it in a while, so it’s hard for me to compare. It’s sweet at first, but then there’s a bitterness that creeps in after a while. But it’s still not really very “bitter”.

Mouthfeel – pretty well balanced, but leans more toward the watery side.

Overall – not a bad brew at all, but at the same time not extremely intriguing either.

Nerudamann, Nov 05, 2011
3.05/5  rDev +5.9%

A: Cloudy deep orange. Little head that audibly pops down to nothing pretty quick.

S: Apple, cinnamon, light fruits

T: Lingers on the back of the tongue. Lots of sweet followed by a long bitter malty tingle. I'm finding that Rinkuškiai brews tend to have very similar tastes and smells, with only ABV being the variant.

M: Harsh, with very little carbonation to tone it down. Tongue has been numbed.

O: I like the smell and flavor, but I'm much more inclined to prefer Werewolf from the same brewer. It seems that the higher the ABV in this series, the poorer the quality gets.

bluHatter, Oct 01, 2011

Lobster Lovers Beer

Pours a clear, pale yellow with a bit of white soapy head. Smell of pale malt and a small malt sweetness. In the taste, big presence of euro pale malts, just a slight sweetness to a smooth creamy malt finish and some honey. Alcohol is pretty well hidden between a very euro pale malt flavor and mild herbal hops providing little bitterness. Deceptive in its strength, smooth, easy drinking, and rather light for a beer 9.5% ABV. Would have again, a very nice place to start.

Stinkypuss, Sep 26, 2011

Enjoyed this beer for the first time today. The beer had a pleasant aroma and went down smoothly. The ABV of this beer at 9.5 is better than average for what can be found locally and provides a nice kick even after one serving. I also liked the extra volume of beer in the bottle with 16.9 oz instead of the traditional 12 oz that you get with most beers.

kdm1112, Sep 09, 2011
2.88/5  rDev 0%

random exotic beer at my little corner grocery store. Maine= Lobster must have been the owners thinking. VERY cherry smell and almost no head on mine. alcohol became more prominent as I drank more and the last sip had allot of alcohol flavor on the mouth. overall very sweet and Malty would not buy again as I prefer hoppy beers but glad I tried it. 1 bottle gave me a buzz ( I must be getting old)

Skarod, Jul 08, 2011