Apricot Blonde - Dry Dock Brewing Co.

Apricot BlondeApricot Blonde

Dry Dock Brewing Co. visit their website
Colorado, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.10% ABV

(Beer added by: Mebuzzard on 07-28-2007)
Reviews by hopfacebrew:
4.58/5  rDev +17.7%

Re-post of hacked "jmkratt" account :(

Bottled as Dry Dock Apricot Blonde. Picked up a bottle as soon as it hit the shelves at the local store, the guy stocking said I bought the first one there - yes! Anyhow, on to the review:

A - Poured from brown 22oz bomber to a pint glass. The beer pours a cloudy dark deep yellow/golden color. Nice 1.5 finger white bubbly head with excellent retention and lacing throughout.

S - Wow, apricots! The beer smells heavenly. I can't think of how it could get any better. The nice pleasant fruity sweetness of the apricots dominate. Blends well with the yeast, and malty biscuity background of the beer. You can basically taste the beer through the nose.

T - Very similar to the nose with a dominant force of apricot immediately. It provides a nice fruity sweetness and imparts slight flavors of apples and bananas as well. Very flavorful. Mild bitterness. The biscuity malt provides a nice bakdrop for the fruit. Finishes crisp and clean.

M - Thick, medium bodied. Well Carbonated.

O - Another excellent beer from Dry Dock. Perfect for a summer day, it is a Summer Release as the bottle states. I've never been a fan of Apricot brews until this one. Outstanding.

3.75/5  rDev -3.6%

look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Amber to dark gold colored with great clarity. Minimal head that quickly almost entirely dissipates. Overpowering cloying aroma of candy sweet apricots. The taste is a wallop of intensely sweet apricot flavoring. I don't really get anything else out of the taste. The mouth is fairly carbonated.

4.25/5  rDev +9.3%

3.08/5  rDev -20.8%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Very small off white head quickly dies into a thin lacing above a cloudy particle filled honey golden colored beer.

Big apricot aroma drowns out anything else that might be trying to showcase itself.

Fizzy apricot taste that is surprisingly drinkable.

The fizziness makes this beer drink more like a soda, maybe more carbonation than I like in my beers, who knows.

Worth a try, but I don't think anybody would want more than two or three of these in a sitting.

4.25/5  rDev +9.3%

4.53/5  rDev +16.5%

Bomber labeled "Apricot Blonde" Summer Seasonal: Ale Brewed with Apricot Puree.

Served cold into a goblet, this beer has a hazy golden orange color with thick white head.

The aroma is spectacular! If you love apricots, you'll probably spend as much time sniffing the beer as you do sipping it.

Flavor is really solid as well. A sweet and mild malt backbone is there simply to provide a stage upon which the apricots to perform. Very little bitterness but not cloyingly sweet either. Very drinkable, especially considering it's a fruit beer.

Mouthfeel is light in body and carbonation. Reasonably well balanced but fairly sweet. No hops to speak of, really.

Overall a really well done beer. I will have to seek out another bottle before the Summer seasonals go away.

Strong apricot nose but not too sweet. Easy and satisfying on palate boasting excellent balance of grains with apricot. Very light "fiz" on the back of tongue as it clears out smooth. YUM

3.3/5  rDev -15.2%

For this from a friend in Colorado in an awesome beer trade that included a ton of Funkwerks. Certainly looking forward to that but my first foray is this one.

As soon as I open the can I get that sweet apricot aroma. So fruity. It's not bad, but I normally don't love fruit beers so let's see. Head begins a little thin, but when it dies away it leaves me a nice, satisfying layer of lace. Golden orange and cloudy.

Like I said major fruit aroma. A proper whiff reveals that this is no ordinary fruited beer. Barely getting any beer at all, but if I didn't have my eyes open I would swear there was a ripe, delicious apricot just inches from my nose. No artificial flavors, here. I could smell this all day, but I'm eager to taste how this apricot bomb mixes with the (presumed) hops.

Apricots and citrus as expected. If I'm totally honest, though, I'm a little disappointed. Don't know what was expecting, but while the apricot flavor is the main attraction I think I was hoping it would blend with a stronger bitterness.

The mouthfeel is a bit underwhelming, too. It is a blonde, though, so perhaps I was expecting more of a pale ale body.

Too much comparing to Dogfish's Aprihop, which I like, a lot, and this beer doesn't quite make it there. It's decent I suppose if your a fan of fruit beers, but this one is not for me. It does, however get major points for authenticity. They did not cut corners on the apricots.

2.76/5  rDev -29%

3.25/5  rDev -16.5%

4.5/5  rDev +15.7%

3.25/5  rDev -16.5%

3.5/5  rDev -10%

Apricot Blonde from Dry Dock Brewing Co.