1. Extreme Beer Fest tickets go on sale Sat, Sep 27 @ Noon EDT.

Apricot Blonde - Dry Dock Brewing Co.

Apricot BlondeApricot Blonde

Dry Dock Brewing Co. visit their website
Colorado, United States

Fruit / Vegetable Beer |  5.10% ABV

(Beer added by: Mebuzzard on 07-28-2007)
Reviews by tswater:

tswater, Jan 11, 2013

mylesj, Oct 18, 2012
look: 3.5 | smell: 2.5 | taste: 3 | feel: 3.25 | overall: 3.25

Amber to dark gold colored with great clarity. Minimal head that quickly almost entirely dissipates. Overpowering cloying aroma of candy sweet apricots. The taste is a wallop of intensely sweet apricot flavoring. I don't really get anything else out of the taste. The mouth is fairly carbonated.

Franziskaner, Jul 13, 2014

Cynic-ale, Aug 22, 2013
3.08/5  rDev -20.6%
look: 3.25 | smell: 3 | taste: 3.25 | feel: 2.5 | overall: 3

Very small off white head quickly dies into a thin lacing above a cloudy particle filled honey golden colored beer.

Big apricot aroma drowns out anything else that might be trying to showcase itself.

Fizzy apricot taste that is surprisingly drinkable.

The fizziness makes this beer drink more like a soda, maybe more carbonation than I like in my beers, who knows.

Worth a try, but I don't think anybody would want more than two or three of these in a sitting.

LXIXME, Sep 08, 2013
4.25/5  rDev +9.5%

ste5venla, Aug 12, 2013
4.53/5  rDev +16.8%

Bomber labeled "Apricot Blonde" Summer Seasonal: Ale Brewed with Apricot Puree.

Served cold into a goblet, this beer has a hazy golden orange color with thick white head.

The aroma is spectacular! If you love apricots, you'll probably spend as much time sniffing the beer as you do sipping it.

Flavor is really solid as well. A sweet and mild malt backbone is there simply to provide a stage upon which the apricots to perform. Very little bitterness but not cloyingly sweet either. Very drinkable, especially considering it's a fruit beer.

Mouthfeel is light in body and carbonation. Reasonably well balanced but fairly sweet. No hops to speak of, really.

Overall a really well done beer. I will have to seek out another bottle before the Summer seasonals go away.

GilGarp, Sep 09, 2011

TonyCO, Apr 11, 2014

Strong apricot nose but not too sweet. Easy and satisfying on palate boasting excellent balance of grains with apricot. Very light "fiz" on the back of tongue as it clears out smooth. YUM

rubbernubbybeerhead, Sep 16, 2014
3.3/5  rDev -14.9%

For this from a friend in Colorado in an awesome beer trade that included a ton of Funkwerks. Certainly looking forward to that but my first foray is this one.

As soon as I open the can I get that sweet apricot aroma. So fruity. It's not bad, but I normally don't love fruit beers so let's see. Head begins a little thin, but when it dies away it leaves me a nice, satisfying layer of lace. Golden orange and cloudy.

Like I said major fruit aroma. A proper whiff reveals that this is no ordinary fruited beer. Barely getting any beer at all, but if I didn't have my eyes open I would swear there was a ripe, delicious apricot just inches from my nose. No artificial flavors, here. I could smell this all day, but I'm eager to taste how this apricot bomb mixes with the (presumed) hops.

Apricots and citrus as expected. If I'm totally honest, though, I'm a little disappointed. Don't know what was expecting, but while the apricot flavor is the main attraction I think I was hoping it would blend with a stronger bitterness.

The mouthfeel is a bit underwhelming, too. It is a blonde, though, so perhaps I was expecting more of a pale ale body.

Too much comparing to Dogfish's Aprihop, which I like, a lot, and this beer doesn't quite make it there. It's decent I suppose if your a fan of fruit beers, but this one is not for me. It does, however get major points for authenticity. They did not cut corners on the apricots.

kyleelton, Apr 12, 2013

Redeezy83, Feb 08, 2014

jivex5k, Sep 05, 2013
4.75/5  rDev +22.4%

Steele_Man, Apr 10, 2014
Apricot Blonde from Dry Dock Brewing Co.