Azalea Coast Rackams Black Lure Porter - Azalea Coast Brewery

North Carolina, United States

American Porter |  ABV ?

Beer added by: mikesgroove on 09-21-2008

3.68/5  rDev n/a

Another one I had the chance to try this afternoon that I had not seen nor heard of before. This one really threw me for a loop though. Served on tap and consumed on 09/20/2008.

The pour looked very nice I have to admit. Rich and dark with a medium tan brown head, I was actually quite pleased with the way this one came through. Easily opaque with some decent head retention, quite nice I have to admit.

The aroma was a touch weak, smoky with a hint of chocolate malts and even a bit of a spiced note to it, pepper perhaps? Hard to tell, but it was dark. The flavor turned that around on a dime though, started with a nice crashing wave of cocoa and smoked malts that came over me in an instant and really coated the mouth well. Long finish on this one left a bit of a peat like flavor and a hint of semi sweet cocoa. A medium bodied porter that coould have used a bit more of a push to be honest, started to fall a bit flat towards the end. Still though it was an easy session porter and did not hurt at all

Overall it was good, well better then the others that I had. I have to be honest though, I am far from blown away by anything i had from them so far. (1,168 characters)

Azalea Coast Rackams Black Lure Porter from Azalea Coast Brewery
- out of 100 based on 1 ratings.