Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier Naturtrüb - Paulaner Brauerei GmbH & Co. KG

Paulaner Brauerei GmbH & Co. KG visit their website
Germany

Hefeweizen |  5.50% ABV

Beer added by: SixpointJMH on 08-17-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier Naturtrüb Alström Bros
Ratings: 2,968 | Reviews: 1,315

This was my favorite beer in college. I've had a lot of Hefeweizens and similar beers with citrus notes but this hands down takes the number one spot. Especially during the summer months. A very refreshing beer on its own or with Chinese or Korean food.

If only this was more easily accessible

I bought this beer at Bevmo a week ago,

Apperance- A grea goldlook, amall head and goodr amount of lacing.

Smell - It smells like a greatvhefeweizen smell like bannas , apples, bread and bubblegum.

Taste- Very good tasting with cloves and banana. Has some wheat aftertaste.

Moutful- Light and refreshing but with no watery.I will buy somr more

Overall, I comppare thsi to Weihenstephaner. I love both of them and can not really know which one is better without the other in front of me at the moment, but bot of are great tasting and you can not go wrong with both.

Appearance: a white, finger-width head with that dissipates into a thin white ring, leaving some nice spotty lacing. Unfiltered, and honey colored.

Aroma: sweet breadiness, white wheat, some grassy notes.

Taste: White wheat, with some grassy notes toward the middle; breadiness on the back end. Somewhere in there, in various places—mainly toward the beginning and end of the sip—I taste banana peel, especially in the aftertaste.

Mouthfeel and finish: fluffy ale mouthfeel, semi-dry, and refreshing.

I just love Hefe-Weizen beer, i first had it in German in 1986, i almost didn't leave the country, because it was so good. there are many good brands that you can buy in the US. Paulaner is one of them.

it is so drinkable, i had friends from New York that went to Austin City limits in 2005. i let them have access to my magic frig in the Garage. Well, it didn't take long to find them.

this beer was one of the ones they tried... they love it. You will too...

All some brew highly recommend it

Purchased as part of "build-your-own-six-pack" at local grocer. Also thinking this is the same as the Naturtrüb. Poured a gorgeous cloudy gold. Smelled of a perfect Hefe, and tasted that way also. Touch of bitterness/sour/fruit. Perfectly thick yet smooth to the mouth.

Ranks right up there with Hacker Pschorr and Franziskaner as the best of the Hefe's. Perfection.

Poured from bottle to blanche de chambly glass. Best before date on back.

A: poured a nice orange in colour with a very fluffy white pillow-top head. Thick in colour ( opaque)

S: Scents of citrus and clove dominate this wheat beer. Orange and coriander as well.

T: citrus fruits off the top, with hints of spice onj the finish.

M: almost creamy on the palate. Little carbonation. Quite smooth

This beer is one of my all time favorites, very drinkable, and refreshing, espcially on a hot day. This one is always in my fridge/

This is absolutely my favorite beer. I can find nothing that is not exceptional about this beer. The look, the feel, the taste. It is the chameleon of beers too because it will go with any situation, any food, anything. It is full bodied enough to be great on a cold night, sitting next to a fire. At the same time, I load up coolers of these on ice at my summer BBQ's and they go like crazy - they go down easy, are incredibly refreshing on a hot day and don't leave you all bloated. They go great with any food - beef/poultry/especially fish. They taste is completely unique, you won't find a better tasting beer in my book. And if you are a Hefe-Weissen fan, this is head and shoulders above all others. I've tried almost all of them, some I love, some I don't but none compare to this one. If only drinking on the job wasn't frowned upon, I would drink these all day!

what can you say about a beer that is about near perfect. It has a great sweet citrus start with just a hint of hops.

It finsihes light and refreshing. This may be a perfect beer. Definitely a top 5 beer for me.

Probably unfair for me to review I love this beer way too much. I even know when my local store gets their deliveries so I can insure I pick it up fresh.

Love this beer especially in the summer

Paulaner Hefe-Weizen is one of my favorite wheat beer.
Head :good strong and full of flavor.
Body :cloudy almost thick hazy almost heavy.
Taste :a little clove kind of vannila almost fruttie.
Aftertaste:thick rich creemy malty,
Made me look for another!

I have had this beer so many times and for whatever reason, never reviewed it. I have had it in a bottle, can, and tap; my review is based on a tall can here in Europe.

This beer is always so gorgeous, great orange hue with a nice pillowy white head; just be careful when pouring, sometimes it gets a little wild.

Smell is so fresh, strong citrus and bubblegum.
Low and behold, it was canned on 3/10/10! Cans are where it's at!

Med body, incredibly frothy and unfiltered mouth feel, amazing biting carbonation.
Great wheat malt presence upfront with a strong flavor of banana. Nice clove notes throughout with a hint of citrus hops and nice fruity esters.
Finishes with a strong bubblegum note and a lingering citrus bite.
Overall; fresh tasting, definitive notes, amazing mouth feel.

I have said it before and will continue to say it; this is my favorite beer for the following reason...I can seriously drink it all day, any time, any day...hand me a Paulaner hefe in the middle of the night and I will gladly wake up and drink it!

Honestly, if there is a better Hefeweizen; I can't wait to try it!

I would say that is the best beer in the world. The taste is perfect, the smell is perfect...

You can buy this beer in the US too. I am pretty sure.. it is a global-player. Drink it cold! I got one in Beverly Hills (Bar Nineteen 12). It is a dream!

The taste is not quite like (Franz) but is just as enjoyable. This beer isn't really sweet but is a great tasting hefe. I like this beer I just like (Franz) better

I write this review as I'm drinking this beer and I find everything about it outstanding. The coloring of this beer is a very murky orange, and the head came out to look, taste, and feel very fluffy and creamy. The taste is spectacular, very smooth, and I don't know if it's just me but I almost taste a very subtle hint of oranges. I find it smooth and mellow in taste, aftertaste, and feel. I love it.

This beer is dinner in a glass to me. Gives me such a warm and satisfying feeling everytime I drink it. Happiness.

Just a fucking solid beer

Paulaner Hefeweizen is what all hefeweizens aspire to. This is one of the best beers in the world, definitely the best hefeweizen made today.

Every aspect of this beer is exceptional. The slightly fruity, but still very beer like taste is terrific. If properly tapped it always has the perfect amount of head and is very, very, drinkable.

I'm currently on my 3rd 50l keg at home and just love this stuff!

Great taste, great beer, Excellent

4.95/5  rDev +22.2%

Looks and smells just as it's supposed to, big foamy head (of a slightly darker color) and cloudy straw color. Aroma is of cloves and fruitiness, very pleasant. What an enjoyable drink! There is a smooth softness to this that makes it thirst quenching. The grainy taste of the wheat predominates but isn't over powering. Dryness to the finish, but not bitter. This sample was a little flat in the mouthfeel, but otherwise so pleasurable.

4.95/5  rDev +22.2%

Pours a lovely hazy golden color with a very creamy and foamy white head. Very aromatic with scents of citrus, banana, and clove. The taste is of ripe banana, sweet malts, vanilla, and honey. It is smooth and creamy in the mouth and quite refreshing. An absolutely magnificent Hefe. I could drink these all day long with no problem.

4.94/5  rDev +22%

one of the most enjoyable beers you will ever drink, great all day long, a true labor of love went into making this fine beer, clean and crisp with just enough fruit flavors to give a distinct enjoyable taste, you won't go wrong in ordering this beer over and over...

4.92/5  rDev +21.5%

Served (myself) in the tall Paulaner glass that I bought at the Salvation Army for less than a dollar. Poured cloudy yellow with a beautifully thick, creamy head. Smelled like summertime in a glass; flowery and citric. Lingering tangy yeast aftertaste. Wow. This is the best hefe my tongue has ever touched, so I had to give it a 5 for taste. I cannot imagine a more refreshing beer. So smooth and easy to drink. What really boggles my mind is that supposedly there are BETTER hefeweizens out there. Bring them to me!

4.92/5  rDev +21.5%

This is my favorite beer. I had the great privlidge to live in Munich, Germany for three years in the mid-80s. I spent many a Sat and Sun afternoon down by the Izar river downing a Paulaner Hefeweizen.

Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier Naturtrüb from Paulaner Brauerei GmbH & Co. KG