Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier Naturtrüb - Paulaner Brauerei GmbH & Co. KG

Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier NaturtrübPaulaner Hefe-Weissbier Naturtrüb

Paulaner Brauerei GmbH & Co. KG visit their website

Hefeweizen |  5.50% ABV

Beer added by: SixpointJMH on 08-17-2001

Sort by:  Recent | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier Naturtrüb Alström Bros
Reviews: 1,305 | Hads: 3,088

This was my favorite beer in college. I've had a lot of Hefeweizens and similar beers with citrus notes but this hands down takes the number one spot. Especially during the summer months. A very refreshing beer on its own or with Chinese or Korean food.

I bought this beer at Bevmo a week ago,

Apperance- A grea goldlook, amall head and goodr amount of lacing.

Smell - It smells like a greatvhefeweizen smell like bannas , apples, bread and bubblegum.

Taste- Very good tasting with cloves and banana. Has some wheat aftertaste.

Moutful- Light and refreshing but with no watery.I will buy somr more

Overall, I comppare thsi to Weihenstephaner. I love both of them and can not really know which one is better without the other in front of me at the moment, but bot of are great tasting and you can not go wrong with both.

Appearance: a white, finger-width head with that dissipates into a thin white ring, leaving some nice spotty lacing. Unfiltered, and honey colored.

Aroma: sweet breadiness, white wheat, some grassy notes.

Taste: White wheat, with some grassy notes toward the middle; breadiness on the back end. Somewhere in there, in various places—mainly toward the beginning and end of the sip—I taste banana peel, especially in the aftertaste.

Mouthfeel and finish: fluffy ale mouthfeel, semi-dry, and refreshing.

I just love Hefe-Weizen beer, i first had it in German in 1986, i almost didn't leave the country, because it was so good. there are many good brands that you can buy in the US. Paulaner is one of them.

it is so drinkable, i had friends from New York that went to Austin City limits in 2005. i let them have access to my magic frig in the Garage. Well, it didn't take long to find them.

this beer was one of the ones they tried... they love it. You will too...

Purchased as part of "build-your-own-six-pack" at local grocer. Also thinking this is the same as the Naturtrüb. Poured a gorgeous cloudy gold. Smelled of a perfect Hefe, and tasted that way also. Touch of bitterness/sour/fruit. Perfectly thick yet smooth to the mouth.

Ranks right up there with Hacker Pschorr and Franziskaner as the best of the Hefe's. Perfection.

Poured from bottle to blanche de chambly glass. Best before date on back.

A: poured a nice orange in colour with a very fluffy white pillow-top head. Thick in colour ( opaque)

S: Scents of citrus and clove dominate this wheat beer. Orange and coriander as well.

T: citrus fruits off the top, with hints of spice onj the finish.

M: almost creamy on the palate. Little carbonation. Quite smooth

This beer is one of my all time favorites, very drinkable, and refreshing, espcially on a hot day. This one is always in my fridge/

This is absolutely my favorite beer. I can find nothing that is not exceptional about this beer. The look, the feel, the taste. It is the chameleon of beers too because it will go with any situation, any food, anything. It is full bodied enough to be great on a cold night, sitting next to a fire. At the same time, I load up coolers of these on ice at my summer BBQ's and they go like crazy - they go down easy, are incredibly refreshing on a hot day and don't leave you all bloated. They go great with any food - beef/poultry/especially fish. They taste is completely unique, you won't find a better tasting beer in my book. And if you are a Hefe-Weissen fan, this is head and shoulders above all others. I've tried almost all of them, some I love, some I don't but none compare to this one. If only drinking on the job wasn't frowned upon, I would drink these all day!

what can you say about a beer that is about near perfect. It has a great sweet citrus start with just a hint of hops.

It finsihes light and refreshing. This may be a perfect beer. Definitely a top 5 beer for me.

Probably unfair for me to review I love this beer way too much. I even know when my local store gets their deliveries so I can insure I pick it up fresh.

Paulaner Hefe-Weizen is one of my favorite wheat beer.
Head :good strong and full of flavor.
Body :cloudy almost thick hazy almost heavy.
Taste :a little clove kind of vannila almost fruttie.
Aftertaste:thick rich creemy malty,
Made me look for another!

I have had this beer so many times and for whatever reason, never reviewed it. I have had it in a bottle, can, and tap; my review is based on a tall can here in Europe.

This beer is always so gorgeous, great orange hue with a nice pillowy white head; just be careful when pouring, sometimes it gets a little wild.

Smell is so fresh, strong citrus and bubblegum.
Low and behold, it was canned on 3/10/10! Cans are where it's at!

Med body, incredibly frothy and unfiltered mouth feel, amazing biting carbonation.
Great wheat malt presence upfront with a strong flavor of banana. Nice clove notes throughout with a hint of citrus hops and nice fruity esters.
Finishes with a strong bubblegum note and a lingering citrus bite.
Overall; fresh tasting, definitive notes, amazing mouth feel.

I have said it before and will continue to say it; this is my favorite beer for the following reason...I can seriously drink it all day, any time, any day...hand me a Paulaner hefe in the middle of the night and I will gladly wake up and drink it!

Honestly, if there is a better Hefeweizen; I can't wait to try it!

I would say that is the best beer in the world. The taste is perfect, the smell is perfect...

You can buy this beer in the US too. I am pretty sure.. it is a global-player. Drink it cold! I got one in Beverly Hills (Bar Nineteen 12). It is a dream!

The taste is not quite like (Franz) but is just as enjoyable. This beer isn't really sweet but is a great tasting hefe. I like this beer I just like (Franz) better

I write this review as I'm drinking this beer and I find everything about it outstanding. The coloring of this beer is a very murky orange, and the head came out to look, taste, and feel very fluffy and creamy. The taste is spectacular, very smooth, and I don't know if it's just me but I almost taste a very subtle hint of oranges. I find it smooth and mellow in taste, aftertaste, and feel. I love it.

Paulaner Hefeweizen is what all hefeweizens aspire to. This is one of the best beers in the world, definitely the best hefeweizen made today.

Every aspect of this beer is exceptional. The slightly fruity, but still very beer like taste is terrific. If properly tapped it always has the perfect amount of head and is very, very, drinkable.

I'm currently on my 3rd 50l keg at home and just love this stuff!

4.95/5  rDev +22.2%

Looks and smells just as it's supposed to, big foamy head (of a slightly darker color) and cloudy straw color. Aroma is of cloves and fruitiness, very pleasant. What an enjoyable drink! There is a smooth softness to this that makes it thirst quenching. The grainy taste of the wheat predominates but isn't over powering. Dryness to the finish, but not bitter. This sample was a little flat in the mouthfeel, but otherwise so pleasurable.

4.95/5  rDev +22.2%

Pours a lovely hazy golden color with a very creamy and foamy white head. Very aromatic with scents of citrus, banana, and clove. The taste is of ripe banana, sweet malts, vanilla, and honey. It is smooth and creamy in the mouth and quite refreshing. An absolutely magnificent Hefe. I could drink these all day long with no problem.

4.94/5  rDev +22%

one of the most enjoyable beers you will ever drink, great all day long, a true labor of love went into making this fine beer, clean and crisp with just enough fruit flavors to give a distinct enjoyable taste, you won't go wrong in ordering this beer over and over...

4.92/5  rDev +21.5%

Served (myself) in the tall Paulaner glass that I bought at the Salvation Army for less than a dollar. Poured cloudy yellow with a beautifully thick, creamy head. Smelled like summertime in a glass; flowery and citric. Lingering tangy yeast aftertaste. Wow. This is the best hefe my tongue has ever touched, so I had to give it a 5 for taste. I cannot imagine a more refreshing beer. So smooth and easy to drink. What really boggles my mind is that supposedly there are BETTER hefeweizens out there. Bring them to me!

4.92/5  rDev +21.5%

This is my favorite beer. I had the great privlidge to live in Munich, Germany for three years in the mid-80s. I spent many a Sat and Sun afternoon down by the Izar river downing a Paulaner Hefeweizen.

4.92/5  rDev +21.5%

Picked up a 6 of this today at the beer store, since I like Hefe-Weizens I figured this would be a good choice, and right I was.

This poured a nice Hefe-Weizen cloudy yellow with vigorous head that subsided quickly. Smell is of citrus and delicious wheat malt, absolutely perfect. Flavors of tasty wheat malt with a slightly tart edge make the taste of this stuff just perfect.
It's smooth and easy to drink. Brewing perfection. Best example of a Hefe-Weizen I've ever had.

4.92/5  rDev +21.5%

My favorite Hefeweizen. Very odiferous, with a smell of some sort of aged yeast mash and pumkin spice that makes my mouth water. Foams up like a racehorse if you don't take care when pouring, and it's hard to wait for the bubbles to recede. When I do take a first drink, my mouth is awash with spices many & varied that give it an overtone not unlike an Oktoberfest. I think "late Summer harvest." Some sort of candied apple sweetness, clove, and much more that I can't really place but that really makes me sit up and take notice. Complex, the spices, but the the end effect simple, and immensely enjoyable. Given this brewery's history, I am both honored and satisfied to partake in their craft (which is also available in 2.5 gallon mini-kegs for those entertaining a small circle of very, very good friends).

4.92/5  rDev +21.5%

Pretty much the classic Hefeweizen besides Weihenstephan and Franziskaner. Poured it into a hefeweizen glass and ended up with a great head! Very smooth beer, slight fruity and banana flavors, etc. There is not really much to add to this beer. A classic!

4.92/5  rDev +21.5%

Fantastic Hefeweizen from Germany...

A: golden in color with a beautiful frothy head.

S: yeasty, subtle notes of banana and cloves

T: smooth and delicious...

M: slightly carbonated, crisp, and loving it.

D: refreshing even on a cold winter day...thank you sir may I have another!!!

4.92/5  rDev +21.5%

When I first poured this brew into my weizen glass a large fluffy white head began to form and quickly rose to the top of the glass. This inch and a half head quickly dissipated though and left a nice lacing around the side of the glass. The color is a hazy yellowish-orange and you can tell there is a good amount of carbonation here.

The nose is exactly what I would expect from a quality unfiltered wheat beer. I definitely detect citrus and banana, as well as a hint of spice. You can also catch some hops in there as well. Overall, a very sweet smell

Typically a summer beer, I have no problem drinking this in December. The first flavor I taste is citrus and banana. Then the wheat makes its appearance along with some spice and in the finish I catch a bit of the hops and some bitterness. This is a lighter-bodied beer than many other hefeweizens, but it just adds to the drinkability.

4.88/5  rDev +20.5%

pours a cloudy golden color with a three finger white head that holds well and nice lacing to the finish. smells of spice and clove with hint of bubble gum. flavors of lemon, coriander, spice, and clove balance very well with the wheat malt. mouthfeel is medium body and silky smooth with a light carbonation. great tasting beer, definitely at the top for a hefeweizen and definitely on my list.

Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier Naturtrüb from Paulaner Brauerei GmbH & Co. KG