Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier Naturtrüb - Paulaner Brauerei GmbH & Co. KG

Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier NaturtrübPaulaner Hefe-Weissbier Naturtrüb

Paulaner Brauerei GmbH & Co. KG visit their website
Germany

Hefeweizen |  5.50% ABV

(Beer added by: SixpointJMH on 08-17-2001)
Sort by:  Recent | Likes | High | Low | Top Raters | Read the Alström Bros Beer Reviews and Beer Ratings of Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier Naturtrüb Alström Bros

1.56/5  rDev -61.4%

2.35/5  rDev -41.8%

Give something a head and it comes alive. Give it a body and it's an animal of sorts. Give it a name and it's an historical fact. Give it fungus and sweetness and it becomes a hefe-weizen. This beer and its cohorts are just not for me. Sweet malty bread in a bottle may be European for purity and beer but to me it's the last stage before candy goes stale and cannot be consumed for enjoyment. Enjoyment to me is a confidence of similar likes. There is no need to force it together for an expected end, it'll just happen. This isn't happening for me on any level.

2.35/5  rDev -41.8%

I just finished reading all 160+ reviews. Because I just finished my second bottle of this "natural wheat" hefe. I too was expecting more of this beer. After the buildup, it was a major disappointment. Yes, everyone else raved about it. Yes, I am comitting sacrilege by saying something negative. But I must point out that FOR ME, it was not a satisfying experience. For a hefeweizen, the bitterness, and the lack of drinkability was amazing. Definitely not smoooth. I keep reading about how it tasted like: Lemon. Banana. Clove. Bubblegum (?) Bread. Orange. Wheat. Grass-like. Pepper. Malt. Acerbic. Phenols. Yeast.

Everyone kept saying "drink this beer if you want to know what a hefe is SUPPOSED to taste like."

WHY has no one mentioned that IT TASTES LIKE SOMEONE ADDED A FEW DROPS OF TURPENTINE?! I distinctly taste pine! Is that normal for a Hefe? Sorry, guys! but this beer is nasty.

2.38/5  rDev -41.1%

This is my first review of a wheat ale and I learned that this style is not for me. I found the taste to have lots of spice and lemon zest but throw together in a kinda unpleasant way. The appearance was good, decent foamy head and the beer itself a nice copper color. I think i can appreciate this brew, it seemed really complex and well done, just not what im looking for in a brew.

Paulaner Hefe-Weissbier Naturtrüb from Paulaner Brauerei GmbH & Co. KG